Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:43:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The King is dead. Long live the King  (Read 1298 times)

YellowHippo

The King is dead. Long live the King
« on January 31, 2012, 01:34:56 am by YellowHippo »
In recent weeks there's been plenty of discussion over what is appropriate to post on this forum, as though disagreeing with the mainstream is some kind of crime. How dull would this forum become if all the posts were the same and others were too scared to post as they could potential 'upset' someone?

But after this evening I feel I have to make a comment. While I can tolerate people's opinions which may differ to my own what's really disappointed me this evening is an acceptance that next season we'll be playing in League 1.

Yes we've lost our talisman. But I for one hope that the current players we have in our squad will seize this opportunity to become the new hero of drfc. The new fans favourite.

However, with comments coming from some fans of a general resignation that we'll be playing in League 1 next season, what is there to motivate the players? I for one refuse to believe we'll be playing in League 1 next season until it's mathematically impossible, and I don't care how deluded people think I am.

If there's no ambition from the fans to stay in this league what are we supposed to expect from the players and what's left of the board. We should be getting behind the club more than ever at tomorrow's game, and especially at the home game on Saturday. If we still show belief it'll rub off on the players and everyone else involved with the club.

Obviously losing Billy is a huge blow to our survival but, it was always on the cards, and drfc is more than just one player. They're some big boots to fill but I hope someone will have the balls to step up to the challenge.

Instead of preparing for League 1, we should be think that 21st spot in the Championship is ours come the end of the season, if we all put the effort in. Dare to dream.

Rovers till I die. Not Rovers till I'm resigned to the possibility that we may get relegated (it has no ring to it for a start and is far too long).

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: The King is dead. Long live the King
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2012, 07:59:39 am by bobjimwilly »
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: The King is dead. Long live the King
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2012, 09:11:28 am by Spud »
Admire the sentiment but the fact that the most optimistic amongst us are hoping for 21st spot speaks volumes. Time is fast running out we can't afford for more new players to get up to speed. Let's hope for an exciting finale !!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012