Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:31:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Idea to save the club  (Read 1533 times)

NorthNorfolkRover

Idea to save the club
« on January 31, 2012, 02:40:58 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Bit outrageous but im deadly serious. Since the euro crisis proves politicians have no respect for people who pay their debts and mayor davies threatens to pull the plug on doncasters one success story in recent  years why not pay douf and co what ever they want to keep us up paid for by falling behind on our rent payments of £1m pa on the ground. That way it would at least buy saunders and mckay time for their plan to work. The stadium is costing the council money because of the debts of construction rather than running costs so they ouldnt dare evict us as the place has no alternative use. Admin would only hit the rats who deserted the sinking ship.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Idea to save the club
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2012, 03:13:22 am by Chris »
Morals?

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #2 on January 31, 2012, 03:21:36 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Anyone following football these days has abandoned their morals or they wouldnt go. Especially withe the dodgy russian and arab money. Thinking about it anyway if the kmc are properly organised they would top slice the rent off the season ticket money they hand over to rovers. Perhaps thats why we want the  ground so we can default on business rates instead. Apologies its 3am and an antidote to my billy blues:(

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2012, 08:05:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Two points.

1. The club isn't in danger and is in far better shape off the pitch than most.

2. We don't pay anything close to £1M in rent, it's less than 300k.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2012, 09:03:20 am by Spud »
Outrageous and i don't for one min think you're being serious Norfolk !!!
However i do see your point, playing by the rules and morality doesn't always seem to pay in society today. Unless you count sleeping at night...

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #5 on January 31, 2012, 09:36:32 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Thats why i was up posting at 3am then. Wondered why i couldnt sleep.Another thing thats bothering me. Could jr pack it in then does theclubs constitution allow for dave morris to run the club ?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2012, 12:59:49 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
look at cardiff and crystal palace they dident pay there bills but had players on good money and their reward for that has been playofs every year and a leauge cup semi final. not even mentioning portsmouth but our reward for paying our bills and been good boys is a half empty stadium and probable relegation. joke

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2012, 01:42:00 pm by redwine »
Going back to the OP - I think that in Mayor Davies's mind the only recent success in Doncaster has been his mayorship !!!!!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2012, 02:56:56 pm by Spud »
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=216603
Thats why i was up posting at 3am then. Wondered why i couldnt sleep.Another thing thats bothering me. Could jr pack it in then does theclubs constitution allow for dave morris to run the club ?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for Morris, suppose that would depend on JR`s terms ???  (in other words i`ve no idea)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012