Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:41:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have we really  (Read 2557 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Have we really
« on January 31, 2012, 10:26:20 am by dickos1 »
Have we got 19 games left?
Have we got 10 home games left?
Is our home record currently the best it's been in a long long time?
If we carry on winning 3 out of 4 home games will we stay up?

All these questions can only reveal positive answers,, I expect some smart negative response but I don't care. We still have a great chance of survival and I'd rather be in my mindset than relegation is a certainty.
We have just short of half a season to go, people are surely forgetting that otherwise some of the posts wouldn't appear on here..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Have we really
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2012, 10:30:25 am by Wellred »
Stop being so bloody positive Dickos, you are spoiling things for the rest of the posters on here.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2012, 10:30:47 am by DRNaith »
I've not really said much while people have been falling on their sword, but I agree with you. If the team continues to work hard there is a good chance that we will stay up.

I certainly see no reason to guard myself by preparing for \"the worst\" just yet, thanks.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2012, 10:31:57 am by benaldo »
You do have a point Dicko. It's not over yet by a long way.

So many negative \"supporters\" at Rovers, it's untrue!! Thankfully I don't sit near any of you or I'd just stop going to watch if I had to listen to that drivel every home match.

4 Directors left - only 1 of which put much money into the club.

1 player leaves and it's the end of the world.

Rovers still has the best squad of players they've ever had.

And JR can't be too short of cash as he's still going on about buying the KM!

The only two negative things I can see attached to Doncaster Rovers at the moment are the league position and the crap spouting forth from some of the fans. Supporters? :suicide:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2012, 10:34:17 am by DearneValleyRover »
Totally agree, the negativity shown of late is unbelievable. Yes things aren't rosy in the Rovers garden at present but it's at times like these when our support is really needed. If we had adapted the negativity shown by many on here and thrown the towel in before John came to the rescue we wouldn't have a club to support. Time to find our voices, wheel out the Great Escape and roar our team to survival.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2012, 10:41:20 am by benaldo »
You can see the people who weren't watching Rovers in the conference can't you. One whiff of trouble and they are moaning already......

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2012, 10:59:01 am by DonnyRTID »
I agree with everything you say dickos. When we were in our first season in the championship, struggling at the foot of the league, we got behind the lads regardless and look what happened. Come on, lets not go down without a fight!   :rtid:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2012, 11:04:54 am by DonnyRTID »
I agree with everything you say dickos. When we were in our first season in the championship, struggling at the foot of the league, we got behind the lads regardless and look what happened. Come on, lets not go down without a fight!   :rtid:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2012, 11:05:36 am by DonnyRTID »
I agree with everything you say dickos. When we were in our first season in the championship, struggling at the foot of the table, we got behind the lads regardless and look what happened. Come on, lets not go down without a fight!   :rtid:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2012, 01:02:47 pm by NickDRFC »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=216617

So many negative \"supporters\" at Rovers, it's untrue!! Thankfully I don't sit near any of you or I'd just stop going to watch if I had to listen to that drivel every home match.

Rovers still has the best squad of players they've ever had.And JR can't be too short of cash as he's still going on about buying the KM!

The only two negative things I can see attached to Doncaster Rovers at the moment are the league position and the crap spouting forth from some of the fans. Supporters? :suicide:

Can't resist this one...2 days ago we had the exact same squad, plus one of the Championship's best strikers. If that squad was the best we've ever had, I'm afraid the same can't be said of this one!

Agree with much of it though, Sharp was always likely to leave, we can't afford a like for like replacement so we have to make do with what we have. This may not be enough, but we're not down until there's a little R next to our name on the league table. Still time to turn things around.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2012, 01:26:23 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=216623
You can see the people who weren't watching Rovers in the conference can't you. One whiff of trouble and they are moaning already......

So you're suggesting everyone on here who has a moan or a grumble wasn't there in the Conference? You poor deluded soul.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2012, 01:29:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=216647

So you're suggesting everyone on here who has a moan or a grumble wasn't there in the Conference? You poor deluded soul.

Agreed, this is the attitude I sometimes see from Leeds United fans, and it is a remarkably ignorant and pretentious attitude for a Rovers fan to have.

I was there every step of the way in the Conference, and my pessimism at our current situation is quite high I must admit. I imagine the same goes for many here.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2012, 01:36:30 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=216650

Agreed, this is the attitude I sometimes see from Leeds United fans, and it is a remarkably ignorant and pretentious attitude for a Rovers fan to have.

I was there every step of the way in the Conference, and my pessimism at our current situation is quite high I must admit. I imagine the same goes for many here.

Your pessimism at our current situation might be quite high but....................do you continuously have to be so damn negative??????
If everyone else thought the same as some people on here the club might as well give in now and just accept relegation.

Its a good job the Chairman, Manager and players don't think along the same lines.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2012, 01:40:33 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=216650

Some of us older generation have been around a lot longer of course, so we're really used to disappointments, in fact being a Rovers supporter it goes with the territory.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2012, 01:40:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"NickDRFC\" post=216639

Rovers still has the best squad of players they've ever had.And JR can't be too short of cash as he's still going on about buying the KM!

Can't resist this one...2 days ago we had the exact same squad, plus one of the Championship's best strikers. If that squad was the best we've ever had, I'm afraid the same can't be said of this one!

Agree with much of it though, Sharp was always likely to leave, we can't afford a like for like replacement so we have to make do with what we have. This may not be enough, but we're not down until there's a little R next to our name on the league table. Still time to turn things around.

Is this the best squad we have ever had, apart from Billy it is a better squad than we had January 2011.
So let's hope we have the players that can get the goals we need and the defenders to prevent goals against.

GOALKEEPERS
Button
Woods

DEFENDERS
O Connor
Hird
Lockwood
Martis
Spurr
Bouheena

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Barnes
Robert
Woods
Oster
Stock
Gillett
Plessis

STRIKERS
Hayter
Bamango
Bagayoko
Diouf

SUSPENDED
Beye

INJURED
Sullivan
Chimbonda
Chambers
Friend
Wilson
Keegan
Brown
Coppinger

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2012, 01:44:53 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=216662

Is this the best squad we have ever had, apart from Billy it is a better squad than we had January 2011.
So let's hope we have the players that can get the goals we need and the defenders to prevent goals against.

GOALKEEPERS
Button
Woods

DEFENDERS
O Connor
Hird
Lockwood
Martis
Spurr
Bouheena

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Barnes
Robert
Woods
Oster
Stock
Gillett
Plessis

STRIKERS
Hayter
Bamango
Bagayoko
Diouf

SUSPENDED
Beye

INJURED
Sullivan
Chimbonda
Chambers
Friend
[strike]Wilson[/strike]
Keegan
Brown
Coppinger

another one gone, I am gutted :cry: :cry:  .......................not

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2012, 01:50:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The midfield is very strong IMO.  But you look at the strikers and wonder where the goals are.  Yes Hayter will chip in as will Diouf if he stays but the others are unknown quantities still.  We probably need another man in up front also.  Goals are the concern the defence has been improving.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2012, 01:50:37 pm by Mr1Croft »
On the face of it playing a game in the N-Power Championship is a success in itself, and an achievement we can all be proud of.

However we are in a Relegation fight and that comes with 2 things; hope and fear. I don't think anyone is nailed on confident of us stopping up, but we are all hoping. That doesn't mean we aren't concerned either, some of us choose not to show it, and some of us do. But there is a difference between concern and negativity. The problem is though that too many people are putting a negative spin on what others say, people are posting their concerns and its the usual bunch that brand it negative.

When does a post saying \"Im concerned about our chances\" become negative? When it is posted? Or when it is read?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2012, 02:00:06 pm by The L J Monk »
Looking at that squad, I think this is what we have on our books come the end of June.

GOALKEEPERS
Woods
Sullivan

DEFENDERS
Friend
O'Connor
Martis
Spurr

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Woods
Stock
Coppinger

STRIKERS
Brown

Dean will have a busy summer.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2012, 02:13:49 pm by Chris Black come back »

THAT Benny boy is the most sensible thing you have ever typed - particularly considering you lived longer in Barnsley than you have done in Donny.

Some folk on here near to be a bit more realistic and have a bit more backbone.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2012, 02:17:14 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=216662

Rovers still has the best squad of players they've ever had.And JR can't be too short of cash as he's still going on about buying the

GOALKEEPERS
Button
Woods

DEFENDERS
O Connor
Hird
Lockwood
Martis
Spurr
Bouheena

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Barnes
Robert
Woods
Oster
Stock
Gillett
Plessis

STRIKERS
Hayter
Bamango
Bagayoko
Diouf

SUSPENDED
Beye

INJURED
Sullivan
Chimbonda
Chambers
Friend
Wilson
Keegan
Brown
Coppinger

I knew it wouldn't take long to turn this into something of a negative nature.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 31, 2012, 02:26:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=216678
Looking at that squad, I think this is what we have on our books come the end of June.

GOALKEEPERS
Woods
Sullivan

DEFENDERS
Friend
O'Connor
Martis
Spurr

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Woods
Stock
Coppinger

STRIKERS
Brown

That is a huge positive in some respects for us going forward even if we go down we really can start again from a good point.  I think it's vital to get Hird, Hayter, Gillett and Oster new contracts.

pubteam

« Reply #22 on January 31, 2012, 02:28:24 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=216688

GOALKEEPERS
Woods
Sullivan

DEFENDERS
Friend
O'Connor
Martis
Spurr

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Woods
Stock
Coppinger

STRIKERS
Brown

That is a huge positive in some respects for us going forward even if we go down we really can start again from a good point.  I think it's vital to get Hird, Hayter, Gillett and Oster new contracts.

Agreed. It'll be a good opportunity to get quite a few off the wage bill and rebuild.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 31, 2012, 03:01:20 pm by Wade Falana »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=216688

GOALKEEPERS
Woods
Sullivan

DEFENDERS
Friend
O'Connor
Martis
Spurr

MIDFIELD
Bennett
Woods
Stock
Coppinger

STRIKERS
Brown

That's still a decent looking squad, could do with McKay finding us a striker for the remainder of this season.

If we go down there's still a few of those who should get a Championship club and if we need the money would probably look to cash in. Could see the likes of Copps, Stock, Oster, Bennett going.

Could be time to give the young uns a go, Radford, Baxendale, Husband and McMahon are all great prospects for next season.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 31, 2012, 03:25:23 pm by benaldo »
Why should we get another striker? Bamogo is apparently a very good player (going on more than the agent notes), Bagayoko isn't a mug either, Hayter is average at this level, Brown is a target man who isn't out of place in this league. I just don't think Billy needs replacing with the squad we've (can I say \"we\" considering I've lived in Barnburgh longer than I've lived in Doncaster?....And while I'm about it, can I continue to spend a lot of money being a premier club member....?) got. Look at this for a team-

Button

Chimbonda Hird Beye Spurr

Robert Plessis Stock Diouf

Bamogo Bagayoko

Subs - Bennett, Oster, Barnes, OConnor, Hayter

I know they aren't all fit etc, but it's not exactly a relegation team is it??! I still think we can escape this mess with these players. And when we do, next season could well be an entirely different kettle of fish!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012