Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:58:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Strange Transfers on Deadline Day  (Read 1385 times)

Rios

• VSC Member
Strange Transfers on Deadline Day
« on January 31, 2012, 03:03:03 pm by Rios »
Not sure which is the strangest...  Sicknote Saha going from Everton to Tottenham or Bournemouth paying a reputed £800k for Matt Tubbs of Crawley.

Thought about it, definitely Bournemouth... funny how things change.  We were paying relative peanuts to them for O'Connor and Hayter and are now in the \"poor house\", whilst they're splashing huge amounts of money around for a L1 team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
Re: Strange Transfers on Deadline Day
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2012, 03:19:14 pm by Akinfenwa »
This happened in November so it seems that they have a bit of money now.

Quote from: BBC
Russian businessman Maxim Demin completes Bournemouth deal

Russian businessman Maxim Demin is now officially the co-owner of Bournemouth after completing the exchange of finances, the club have confirmed.

Former directors Steve Sly and Jeff Mostyn agreed to sell their 50% share of the club to the 41-year-old petrochemicals trader a fortnight ago.

Chairman Eddie Mitchell and Demin are now equal partners at Dean Court.

Fans are hoping that the new investor will inject cash into the playing squad and the development of the stadium.

Last month, Mitchell revealed that the club were attempting to buy back Dean Court, which they sold in a sale-and-leaseback deal to London property company Structadene.

Bournemouth have also recently submitted plans for two full-sized and two five-a-side pitches costing about £400,000 on currently unused land next to Dean Court in Kings Park.

The new pitches are part of the Cherries' ambitious plans for the stadium, which include a £6m stand, new 5,000-seater enclosure at the South End, hotel, spa complex and offices.

Manager Lee Bradbury, whose team lost 6-0 at Brentford in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Tuesday night, has also recently added to his squad by signing forward Charlie Sheringham and defender Simon Francis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15652339.stm

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2012, 04:21:05 pm by Wild Rover »
What really bugs me is Peterborough bidding 1.9 million for couple of players from Crawley.

Same size as Rovers, owner same wealth as JR, no wealthy backers away from club. How the feck do they do it.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on January 31, 2012, 04:25:04 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=216744
What really bugs me is Peterborough bidding 1.9 million for couple of players from Crawley.

Same size as Rovers, owner same wealth as JR, no wealthy backers away from club. How the feck do they do it.

It's called living beyond your means me thinks

Talking of which, betting says Tevez is 1/6 to stay at City and 7/2 to leave...and AC have stepped in again...come on WIllie, do you know Tevez at all ;) :laugh:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2012, 04:30:33 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=216744

They sold a couple of players for more so I suppose that's where it's coming from.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2012, 04:47:15 pm by Wild Rover »
I know they sold 1 to Brighton for couple million last summer, but recruited last close season. Maybe it is a case of living beyond their means, but maybe its speculating to accumulate. DRFC have never done that. Spend 2 million to keep 4 million TV monies.Are they right, or are DRFC right. Who knows.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012