Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:41:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oster  (Read 7021 times)

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
Oster
« on January 31, 2012, 11:54:50 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Simply awful. I know he cleared one off the line but everything he does s terrible. He is shit scared of putting any type of challenge in. And he blames everyone else when he could of prevented something from happening.
How he survives in our midfield is beyond me. Ever since he first started for us. From day one I've said he was awful. Nice that people are starting to agree.
Bamomgo is a cheat. Rolling on the floor then 2 secs later he's fine.

More positive note. Buton was good. Apart from
His kicking. Spurr and Jim played well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Oster
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2012, 07:34:40 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=216869
Simply awful. I know he cleared one off the line but everything he does s terrible. He is shit scared of putting any type of challenge in. And he blames everyone else when he could of prevented something from happening.
How he survives in our midfield is beyond me. Ever since he first started for us. From day one I've said he was awful. Nice that people are starting to agree.
Bamomgo is a cheat. Rolling on the floor then 2 secs later he's fine.

More positive note. Buton was good. Apart from
His kicking. Spurr and Jim played well.

Oster on his day is one of the best in the Championship and only just come back from injury.

In that midfield although I think it is the strongest we can put out it could be said they are quite simular in terms of their main strength is passing, but weakness maybe the defensive side.

Hence I feel Oster game was someone mature as he did the ugly aspects inc 2 cleared off the line?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2012, 08:19:54 am by Rios »
I always thought that Oster was the one player under O'Driscoll who really benefited from the system we played.  It allowed him to hide from the aspects of the game that he doesn't like (ie tackling) whilst putting lots of simple tippy tappy linkup passes together in midfield.

The reality is he's always been a winger and that's what he is and he looks unable to adapt his game like Stock can and get involved in the more robust parts of the game.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2012, 08:23:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Oster's normally our best passer I believe, certainly the one who's best with the final ball.  Looked a bit away from being fit though last night and struggled with the pace of the game (as did Bamogo).  Oster just looked half fit really and he said as much on Twitter, he just felt really leggy.  But he did give his all and that's what you want even when a player has a bad game.  Certainly not at his best defensively but he put in a shift.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2012, 08:25:57 am by PaulRover08 »
Oster gave his all? I hadn't realised it was comic relief day today. He was simply lazy and his passing was and always is terrible.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2012, 10:50:59 am by grayx »
Never been an Oster fan. More training & less drinking may help.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2012, 11:20:04 am by hoolahoop »
That was quick.......we've already found a replacement for Mark Wilson. Well done lads on getting us a new scapegoat as quickly as this.
Get behind the fecking team ALL of them we need it!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2012, 11:44:40 am by Drover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=216944
That was quick.......we've already found a replacement for Mark Wilson. Well done lads on getting us a new scapegoat as quickly as this.

PMSL :laugh:

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2012, 11:47:50 am by sedwardsdrfc »
never thought id say it but i would rather have gillett! just hope plessis is ready for reading.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2012, 11:59:36 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Must say really dont understand the point to this thread when potentially he has the ability to win it on his own.

Also little ungrateful as carried the midfield since joining given long term injuries to Woods and Stock!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2012, 12:03:40 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=216959
Must say really dont understand the point to this thread when potentially he has the ability to win it on his own.

Also little ungrateful as carried the midfield since joining given long term injuries to Woods and Stock!
[/i]

im not talking about what he has done in the past it is how he has played this season.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2012, 12:44:53 pm by scuzzer »
As a rule i like Oster and he can pick passes out that others in our midfield can't, last night he just had a bad game, all players have them, the sooner he's fit and firing the better for DRFC.

That said, he's always an utter fanny in the challenge and last night was no exception.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 01, 2012, 12:48:49 pm by wing commander »
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=216954
never thought id say it but i would rather have gillett! just hope plessis is ready for reading.

Are you sane sir.....??????????

I can only presume that with a comment like that you are as mad as a box of frogs...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 01, 2012, 02:43:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=216975
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=216954

Are you sane sir.....??????????

I can only presume that with a comment like that you are as mad as a box of frogs...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/i]

im feeling less sane every game

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 01, 2012, 04:09:33 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=216935
Never been an Oster fan. More training & less drinking may help.

Totally agree with that! Also Oster is a first class arse hole! Really takes the piss out of some fans on twitter which really gets on my nerves! Crap player who thinks he's Lionel Messi

Rover87

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2012, 05:48:28 pm by Rover87 »
Don't follow him then?

We knew what Oster was about when we signed him. He was never meant to be the big ball winner in midfield. He is there to get it into feet and play it about, He has just come back from injury. When Oster plays well I think we play well.
We havent got anyone else in the window, so its down to him to prove a point, I hope he does it, he has the ability. Maybe he needs a little more heart?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2012, 06:08:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Never liked Oster, massively overrated imo. I fear the worst whenever he's in the team! Never puts a tackle in. Majority of our fans start jizzing if he makes a good pass, they don't when Stocky does though.

He's an absolute tosser of a person off the pitch aswell!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 01, 2012, 06:33:55 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=217079
Never liked Oster, massively overrated imo. I fear the worst whenever he's in the team! Never puts a tackle in. Majority of our fans start jizzing if he makes a good pass, they don't when Stocky does though.

He's an absolute tosser of a person off the pitch aswell!

well said. Amazes me how people actually think he's good. And how exactly did we know what he was about when we signed him? I didn't know he was as shit as he is. Waste of space

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 01, 2012, 06:50:50 pm by DRFCTom »
Are people who are saying oster is shit actually being serious?? I cant believe what I'm seeing! On his day he is a match winner with some of the balls he plays (non dirty) and I think people are forgetting all the assists he got with sharp back in our team, (I cant remember how many he got but they were brilliant together.)
Yes sharp has now gone before anyone tries to be clever but lets not forget Oster isnt even getting played in his favoured position. Yes he doesn't tackle much but hes not going to change at his age is he? But he makes up for it with his quality passing.
He's probably not match fit but theres no need to get on someone elses back all the time for having a bad game. EVERYONE HAS BAD GAMES! He'll be back, so get behind him and support ALL the lads in this tough relegation battle.

Rover87

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 01, 2012, 06:51:25 pm by Rover87 »
Well because he's been about, seen him play at other clubs. I knew a lot about Oster when we signed him. He wasn't a saint, wasn't a midfield general. He can play it about though, and to call a player of his quality 'shit' is ridiculous. He might play a lot better without so many people on his back.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 01, 2012, 11:24:21 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Rover87\" post=217111
Well because he's been about, seen him play at other clubs. I knew a lot about Oster when we signed him. He wasn't a saint, wasn't a midfield general. He can play it about though, and to call a player of his quality 'shit' is ridiculous. He might play a lot better without so many people on his back.

Grow up. 'he might play better without so many people on his back'. What a ridiculous comment. If the several thousands a week isn't a motivater to make a challenge then nothing is. Your all forgetting we got this player to replace Wellens. Oster can't hold a light to Wellens.

I can't understand why people think he's so amazing. He's absolute toss. He backs out of EVERY challenge which leads us to concede goals. Granted he creates goals. I've never liked him. Abit like Benaldo with Sam Hird I'll give Oster credit when it's due. E.g. The ball he played to Sharp at Scunny. Other than that. Well..

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 01, 2012, 11:33:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=217167

Grow up. 'he might play better without so many people on his back'. What a ridiculous comment. If the several thousands a week isn't a motivater to make a challenge then nothing is. Your all forgetting we got this player to replace Wellens. Oster can't hold a light to Wellens.

I can't understand why people think he's so amazing. He's absolute toss. He backs out of EVERY challenge which leads us to concede goals. Granted he creates goals. I've never liked him. Abit like Benaldo with Sam Hird I'll give Oster credit when it's due. E.g. The ball he played to Sharp at Scunny. Other than that. Well..

Has he shagged your mum either that or you dont appreciate football?!?

He has consistently been one of our best players in Championship.

Christ he has been out of action with a serious neck problem for several months

SO all you need to do is go around like a meat head to be your star player?

I pay to watch the finer aspects of the game if I wanted some half wits kicking lumps out of each other Id watch a pub team......mmmmmm

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 01, 2012, 11:42:59 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=217171

I pay to watch the finer aspects of the game if I wanted some half wits kicking lumps out of each other Id watch a pub team......mmmmmm

Agree entirely, some on here obviously watch a different player/game to us Norfolk. :huh:

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 01, 2012, 11:44:30 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
What fine aspects does Oster show? Odd good ball now and then. Fine
Tackling is not about been a meat head. It's about not backing outa every challenge. my instinct says you didn't go yesterday?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 01, 2012, 11:45:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=217173
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=217171

Agree entirely, some on here obviously watch a different player/game to us Norfolk. :huh:

Mate I love our fans they are top fellas most of them with hearts the size of dust bins lids but I do wonder there motivation with such statements!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 02, 2012, 12:45:42 am by donnyroversfc »
He never shoots
Never tackles
Never scores
Gets caught out in possesion a lot
Very slow

Apart from that though he's an ok midfielder.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 02, 2012, 12:58:36 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Never been a fan of Osters from day one and nothing I saw in the game changes my mind.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 02, 2012, 01:24:57 am by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=217178

Never tackles
Never scores
Very slow

This sums him up perfectly and I have bolded my biggest pet peeves with him. I removed the 'he never shoots' one because he does, but whenever he does we see why it isn't a regular feature of his game, he's terrible at it.

I disagree with those who say he's always been toss, I thought he was excellent in his first season here but ever since last season I have found him to be a liability who is far too casual on the ball and clearly thinks he's better than he is. Case in point Hull away at the back end of last season, he plays poorly all game, the board goes up to tell him he's substituted so he boots the ball into the crowd and throws a hissy fit. Very good show from a supposed 32 year old man.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 02, 2012, 07:12:26 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=217183
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=217178

Never tackles
Never scores
Very slow

This sums him up perfectly and I have bolded my biggest pet peeves with him. I removed the 'he never shoots' one because he does, but whenever he does we see why it isn't a regular feature of his game, he's terrible at it.

I disagree with those who say he's always been toss, I thought he was excellent in his first season here but ever since last season I have found him to be a liability who is far too casual on the ball and clearly thinks he's better than he is. Case in point Hull away at the back end of last season, he plays poorly all game, the board goes up to tell him he's substituted so he boots the ball into the crowd and throws a hissy fit. Very good show from a supposed 32 year old man.

So Scholes tackling was worse than a 2 year old yet he become one of the premierships best players.

John attributes far outweigh the negatives and even though I dont agree with the negatives I dont see them necessarily imperative ingredients of a midfielder.

His short and long passing is excellent, anticipation/ positional sense is first class.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 02, 2012, 08:08:01 am by Mr1Croft »
I think Oster has had a productive career, I'm glad he found a club to finally settle at and play decent football, and I'm thrilled it has been with the Rovers, but a career that I beleive is approaching it's conclusion.

Whatever happens to us this season, I don't think he will be in a Rovers shirt in a years time...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012