Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:27:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 14239 times)

GM-MarkB

Re: Superbowl
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2012, 08:05:59 am by GM-MarkB »
Well, no surprises in Round 1 yesterday.

We picked RG III so maybe the Redskins Offence is in good hands.....we'll see

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2012, 04:41:06 pm by ctay »
Gutted its not on sky!

Anyone going to Wembley this year?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #32 on July 23, 2012, 04:32:05 pm by GM-MarkB »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18958256

Sad 'end' to the legend that was Joe Paterno. Still if he knew what Sandusky was up to all those years he should have spoken up properly.

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 24, 2012, 08:02:00 pm by phllvslc »
Joe Paterno brought it upon Penn State himself.  They get what they deserve.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #34 on July 24, 2012, 10:50:28 pm by GM-MarkB »
Joe Paterno brought it upon Penn State himself.  They get what they deserve.

Not denying that at all. But still a sad end to the legacy of one of the grestest Coaches in all of sport ever

GM-MarkB

« Reply #35 on September 08, 2012, 03:10:53 pm by GM-MarkB »
Currently enjoying 3 months ESPN free of charge...including ESPN America....and it's the other Football season !!

Love Saturdays...back to back College games

So....who is going to stop 'Bama repeating as BCS Champs

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 08, 2012, 04:15:17 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I've not been following the NFL pre season Mark. Any chance of a summary of big player moves/drafts? I know the Dolphins drafted Ryan Tannehill at QB so I hope he gets off to good start. Good to see the Beeb showing the Monday night game. Shame the Fins aren't scheduled though.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #37 on September 08, 2012, 05:47:08 pm by GM-MarkB »
To be honest Stu I don't follow the NFL as intently as I do NCAA Football. I prefer the College kids to the big earners.

So as far as the big movers go, well the one the springs to mind is Peyton Manning now being a Bronco as he made way for Andrew Luck to be drafted by Indy.

As for Tannehill, bit of a gamble if you ask me. Don't think he's ready to start, but then who else have Miami got ?? And his receiving corps aren't exactly 'stellar'...a cast of pretty much back ups at any other team. Don't expect the 'Fins to be challenging anytime soon
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:49:46 pm by GM-MarkB »

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 08, 2012, 10:45:34 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
To be honest Stu I don't follow the NFL as intently as I do NCAA Football. I prefer the College kids to the big earners.

So as far as the big movers go, well the one the springs to mind is Peyton Manning now being a Bronco as he made way for Andrew Luck to be drafted by Indy.

As for Tannehill, bit of a gamble if you ask me. Don't think he's ready to start, but then who else have Miami got ?? And his receiving corps aren't exactly 'stellar'...a cast of pretty much back ups at any other team. Don't expect the 'Fins to be challenging anytime soon

Cheers Mark. I'm not expecting much either. The offensive line is still poor so Tannehill will need eyes in the back of his head. Too much pressure on Reggie Bush to keep the chains moving. A 4-12 season at best for me.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #39 on September 09, 2012, 08:14:45 pm by GM-MarkB »
It's going to be a long long season for Tannehill and the 'Phins

Conversely, have the Redskins finally found their man in RG III  :thumbsup:

GM-MarkB

« Reply #40 on November 11, 2012, 07:40:43 am by GM-MarkB »
Currently enjoying 3 months ESPN free of charge...including ESPN America....and it's the other Football season !!

Love Saturdays...back to back College games

So....who is going to stop 'Bama repeating as BCS Champs

Texas A&M !!

What a game last night. Johnny 'Football' Manziel was immense as A&M's QB. Could be the first Freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. Paves the way for an Oregon v Kansas State National Title game on Jan 7th in Miami....although Notre Dame aren't out of the reckoning.

Should be interesting when the new rankings come out tomorrow night

And this is just awesome !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/nov/09/sam-gordon-female-american-football-player-video

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 12, 2012, 03:07:10 am by phllvslc »
Top five:

1) Kansas State, 2) Oregon, 3) Notre Dame, 4) Alabama, 5) Georgia

Manziel is good, but he won't get near the Heisman.  It will go to either Colin Klein at K-State, or Marcus Mariota at Oregon.  Mariota is also a freshman.

Oregon's offense this season has just been downright filthy, and it will take a defensive performance of heroic proportions to stop them.  Same goes for K-State, but they are more centred around QB Colin Klein.  If he gets knocked out of a game, they'll struggle.  Notre Dame has been a revelation this season.

All three still have a way to go though.  Oregon still has to go through #13 Stanford, and play #16 Oregon State on the road.  If they win those two, they still will have the Pac-12 title game, potentially against USC.  I still think they will do it though.  Kansas State has to play at Baylor, who they should beat and then finishes the season at home against #15 Texas.  Notre Dame has Wake Forest at home, which they will win, and then has a road game at #18 USC.  There could still be three undefeated teams when all is said and done, or there could be none.

I just hope with all hope that Alabama does not get back to the title game.  I believe Oklahoma State should have been in last season, because 'Bama didn't even win their conference.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #42 on November 12, 2012, 10:21:48 am by GM-MarkB »
Interesting that both Klein and Mariota suffered injuries this weekend. Although I suspect neither will be missing this coming weekend. Actually Oregon got pretty banged up this week with Kenjon Barner's hand/wrist and Avery Patterson's knee. Barner looks like he'll be ok for the weekend, not so sure about Patterson.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #43 on November 18, 2012, 08:10:44 am by GM-MarkB »
Well who would have prdicted that ??

Didn't think i'd be watching Oregon and Stanford in a defensive battle. Didn't expect Baylor to blow out K-State either.

Didn't expect to be seeing Notre Dame declared the new No.1 later today....could 'Bama still sneak into the BCS Championship game ?

But could USC completely turn it all on it's head next Saturday when they play the Fighting Irish ??

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 18, 2012, 03:51:59 pm by phllvslc »
I was more upset about K-State getting blown out.  It comes down to whoever wins the SEC title game now.  Notre Dame will be the new #1, Alabama at #2 and Georgia at #3.  But this all comes down to assuming both Alabama and Georgia win their final games against arch rivals Auburn and Georgia Tech respectively.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #45 on November 18, 2012, 05:57:33 pm by GM-MarkB »
Will Matt Barkley's USC career be defined by him leading the Trojans to denying Notre Dame a shot at the title ?

Auburn won't challenge 'Bama next Saturday, they have been awful all season. Georgia Tech's record suggests they could push the Bulldogs close, but I can't see it happening. The rushing of Todd Gurley and Aaron Murray's arm should see them home.

I think if there is to be any upset, it'll be through the Trojans.

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 19, 2012, 02:47:49 am by phllvslc »

GM-MarkB

« Reply #47 on November 21, 2012, 05:55:52 am by GM-MarkB »
Just thought i'd take this slightly off at a tangent.....

Doncaster Mustangs American Football begins preparations for the 2013 season with their annual 'Rookie Day' event which takes place on Sunday December 2nd. The venue is Doncaster School for the Deaf. Registration is from 10am with the activities to begin shortly after. The event is expected to run until around 2pm.

The event marks two 'firsts' for the club. It will be the first time that new Senior Head Coach, Steve Rains, has taken charge of the team. It is also the first time the club has had a try out session to feature all three of the club's age levels. With the former Balby Carr Mustangs juniors now fully integrated into the Mustangs family, there will be trials for the under 16's, under 19's and senior teams on the same day.

Under 16's is 5 on 5 contact football
Under 19's is 11 on 11 contact football
Seniors is contact football for anyone 18 and over

The Rookie Day also marks the first time the club has worked with the Deaf Trust and if all goes well the club are hoping to make the school it's permanant base for 2013 and beyond. It has all the facilities the club needs with the outside fields, sports hall, weght room and class rooms. However, the Keepmoat Stadium Athletics Arena will remain as the club's home ground.

Attendees are advised to bring warm clothing, footwear for both indoors and grass, a gum shield (although not mandatory) and their own drinks and snacks to keep them going. There will be a nominal charge of £3 to help cover the costs of hire.

More details can be found at www.doncastermustangs.com

GM-MarkB

« Reply #48 on November 25, 2012, 07:29:13 am by GM-MarkB »
Looking forward to next Saturday and the SEC Championship game. I think it's going to be a great match up and at this moment i'm struggling to seperate 'Bama & Georgia.

Whoever wins is going to push the Irish close come January 7th

GM-MarkB

« Reply #49 on December 10, 2012, 03:55:27 pm by GM-MarkB »
Top five:

Manziel is good, but he won't get near the Heisman.  It will go to either Colin Klein at K-State, or Marcus Mariota at Oregon.  Mariota is also a freshman.

Oregon's offense this season has just been downright filthy, and it will take a defensive performance of heroic proportions to stop them.  Same goes for K-State, but they are more centred around QB Colin Klein.  If he gets knocked out of a game, they'll struggle.  Notre Dame has been a revelation this season.

All three still have a way to go though.  Oregon still has to go through #13 Stanford, and play #16 Oregon State on the road.  If they win those two, they still will have the Pac-12 title game, potentially against USC.  I still think they will do it though.  Kansas State has to play at Baylor, who they should beat and then finishes the season at home against #15 Texas.  Notre Dame has Wake Forest at home, which they will win, and then has a road game at #18 USC.  There could still be three undefeated teams when all is said and done, or there could be none.

I just hope with all hope that Alabama does not get back to the title game.  I believe Oklahoma State should have been in last season, because 'Bama didn't even win their conference.

I should have had a bet on this  :(

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 11, 2012, 03:58:30 am by phllvslc »
Top five:

I should have had a bet on this  :(

I don't have a proverbial hat.....

GM-MarkB

« Reply #51 on January 04, 2013, 12:49:27 am by GM-MarkB »
Just getting ready to watch the 'Should have been BCS Championship game'......i'll take Oregon over K-State tonight

Where's your money for Monday night phllvslc ??

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 04, 2013, 05:26:20 pm by phllvslc »
It was always going to be Oregon in that one I think.  But as for Monday I have no idea.  My last prediction wasn't the best (see Manziel :P).  I would like Notre Dame to win, to complete the perfect season, but I think Alabama will win.  It'll be a slugfest, not a shootout.  I'm going to go with Alabama 24-13 Notre Dame.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #53 on January 04, 2013, 07:01:41 pm by GM-MarkB »
Ducks killed the game just before the half....77 yards, 5 plays, 46 seconds....TD.....Awesome !!

I'm taking 'Bama too. If Barrett Jones had been injured I may have favoured the Irish, but he'll be there to anchor the line. You're right, it's going to be smash-mouth football.

Roll Tide by 10

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 08, 2013, 02:29:37 am by phllvslc »
It's Alabama's already.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #55 on January 17, 2013, 09:46:43 pm by GM-MarkB »
So, embarrased in front of a National audience not once.....but twice ???

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/17/manti-teo-and-the-bizarre-ghost-girlfriend-hoax

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 20, 2013, 01:10:40 pm by Sandy Lane »

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 23, 2013, 04:56:25 pm by phllvslc »
When the Patriots lose, America wins.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #58 on January 23, 2013, 04:58:16 pm by GM-MarkB »

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 23, 2013, 05:12:25 pm by phllvslc »
For those NFL fans who havn't seen this, it's doing the rounds on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE

TinyPortal © 2005-2012