Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:11:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The old boiler saga part one million and one  (Read 911 times)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
The old boiler saga part one million and one
« on February 11, 2012, 06:16:27 pm by jucyberry »
Well, I had to get them out AGAIN on wednesday as the boiler was leaking like a tenna pad devotee..Three replaced parts later and i thought thank god for that, the snow is on the ground but all is going to be toasty warm in here...

Foolish me.....

got up yesterday, pressure down to 0.4, not good, so for the millionth time reset it..

Boof it went and away we go....Untill this morning.............No heat, 0.4 again, so once again pressed the button and went back to bed, got up went through to the bathroom thinking bloody hell what are they revving up out there a tank?  

Only it wasn't outside , it was the devil boiler sounding like it was about to launch into orbit, followed by it flashing F1.. Thats a new one, it must be trying something a little different...

Spent over two hours and twenty calls to the out of hours service before I managed to talk to anyone.. Have you any idea how frustrating it is to sit on the phone for 12-14 mins at a time only for it to cut out so you have to ring again?

So for the third weekend in a row here i sit fully clothed with a dressing gown on top..AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  :suicide: :cry: :cry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NorthNorfolkRover

Re: The old boiler saga part one million and one
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2012, 09:28:45 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
You on the normal norfolk arrangement of dodgy oil fired boiler and septic tank ? What with the thefts i only ever keep £250 worth in mine which lasts only a few weeks at the moment so never sure when i will run out. I find its often trapped air when they play up though.a

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #2 on February 11, 2012, 09:32:09 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Forgot to ask why are you losing pressure ? I do when its on all the time like now but  i get round it by checking daily and topping up when needed from the mains. You should have a tap to do  this.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2012, 10:00:45 pm by jucyberry »
twice now i've typed a reply and it keeps disappearing, let's hope third time is the charm!

Thankfully I'm on gas, The thought of going over to oil would worry the life out of me and that is what Freebridge seem to be going for a lot of the time now,   as you say it's so dammed expensive.

Gaswise chappy came about an hour ago, repressurised the stupid thing and sawed the pipe outside in half. That he said will stop the terrible noises, and thankfully it has.

he is going to check on monday to see which three parts were replaced on Wdnesday and then go from there so fingers crossed he will get to the bottom of what is exactly wrong with it.

I'm hoping they will write it off and fit a new one, but can't see it somehow.

The min thing is at the moment we are warm, for a while today I thought I was going to be sleeping five deep in cold cats tonight!

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2012, 10:22:30 pm by donnyjay »
I'm beginning to think it's you deliberately tampering with this boiler just to get a home visit from a man in uniform. Has he got a big toolbox?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012