Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:01:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mods locking threads.  (Read 13486 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Mods locking threads.
« on February 22, 2012, 06:22:28 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Just because Silent Majority doesnt want to discuss this.....

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=999999&id=221608&Itemid=108

....he has deemed it his right to lock the thread despite nothing controversial or offensive being posted. I assume the rest of us are not allowed to discuss anything that doesnt suit these 'holier than thou' individuals either then?

Tell you what Mods....remove my account......I frankly cant be arsed on here anymore.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
Re: Mods locking threads.
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2012, 06:28:00 pm by RUPRECHT »
Why has the thread been locked can the blocker please explain????

(

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2012, 06:29:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
In before the lock!!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2012, 06:30:34 pm by ditch_drfc »
It is getting beyond a joke on here. Makes me laugh that we're all grown men and some women, yet we can't get into a discussion or heated debate without the mods deleting comments or locking threads. I mean seriously, grow up. People swear, personalities clash, it's life, and for god sake it's the bloody internet!

If you can't hack it from time to time, then why use the internet? Absolute joke the mods on here

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2012, 06:41:53 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=221643
It is getting beyond a joke on here. Makes me laugh that we're all grown men and some women, yet we can't get into a discussion or heated debate without the mods deleting comments or locking threads. I mean seriously, grow up. People swear, personalities clash, it's life, and for god sake it's the bloody internet!

If you can't hack it from time to time, then why use the internet? Absolute joke the mods on here

At a guess the total number of locked threads on the whole forum over the last two years is about 5 or 6.

The topic of MrFrost leaving/being banned is not open for discussion, neither should it be. Suffice to say, it wasn't anything to do with any mod or VSC Director simply \"disagreeing with his opinions\" or a \"personality clash\".

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2012, 06:52:43 pm by Superspy »
You could always flip that the other way and say \"we're all grown men and some women, yet we can't accept it when a forum Admin decides to exercise their right to lock or remove a thread\".

Not necessarily my view, just making a point.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2012, 06:56:05 pm by ditch_drfc »
I'm not saying you were wrong to ban him. I don't know why he got banned, what he said, he was an idiot who probably deserved it. What I am saying is that I don't understand why comments get deleted and threads get locked, all because the mods don't want to talk about it. It's a bit childish is it not? Because you don't want to talk about it, the rest of us can't? Sounds almost like how Hitler's regime began...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2012, 06:59:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=221640

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=999999&id=221608&Itemid=108

....he has deemed it his right to lock the thread despite nothing controversial or offensive being posted. I assume the rest of us are not allowed to discuss anything that doesnt suit these 'holier than thou' individuals either then?

Tell you what Mods....remove my account......I frankly cant be arsed on here anymore.

How do you know there was nothing controversial or offensive? You don't. But I do, because I know that MrFrost misrepresented some parts of a private message to him and ignored other parts when he made his last post, in another attempt to blacken the VSC. I found that controversial and offensive. However, as the messages were private ones and not posted publicly I'm not sure what the legal position is about making them public.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2012, 07:01:21 pm by Superspy »
6 posts before mentioning hitler? Got to be some kind of record...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2012, 07:01:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=221649
I'm not saying you were wrong to ban him. I don't know why he got banned, what he said, he was an idiot who probably deserved it. What I am saying is that I don't understand why comments get deleted and threads get locked, all because the mods don't want to talk about it. It's a bit childish is it not? Because you don't want to talk about it, the rest of us can't? Sounds almost like how Hitler's regime began...

Threatening the VSC with legal action could be regarded as childish too. And could also be a good reason not to want to talk about it.

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
New thread to discuss Frostys locked thread
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2012, 07:02:59 pm by Mark Mccammon »
discuss

:laugh:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2012, 07:03:45 pm by donnyroversfc »
Bollox to this, IM PHONING THE POLICE!!! hope you like porridge!!!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2012, 07:03:56 pm by The L J Monk »
Sounds almost like how Hitler's regime began...

So true. So, so true.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2012, 07:07:25 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Dear VSc Community,

I don't know what all this criticism of the moderators is about.  In my view, they are doing a fine job, promoting free speech for all.

Regards,

President Assad,
Syria

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2012, 07:09:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
What I am saying is that I don't understand why comments get deleted and threads get locked, all because the mods don't want to talk about it. It's a bit childish is it not? Because you don't want to talk about it, the rest of us can't? Sounds almost like how Hitler's regime began...

I'm afraid you're mistaken. We don't delete/lock threads just because \"we don't want to talk about it\". :huh:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2012, 07:09:45 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Wellington Vaults\" post=221657
Dear VSc Community,

I don't know what all this criticism of the moderators is about.  In my view, they are doing a fine job, promoting free speech for all.

Regards,

President Assad,
Syria

If you'd signed it Ken Bates you might have had me.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2012, 07:11:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=221659
Quote from: \"Wellington Vaults\" post=221657
Dear VSc Community,

Regards,

President Assad,
Syria

If you'd signed it Ken Bates you might have had me.

Papa Smurf would have sued if he did. :silly:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2012, 07:22:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Anyone know when we're gonna get to focus on that 'football' malarky again on here?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2012, 07:31:27 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=221640

Which one?

You know, you always jump into a thread and try to take the moral high ground don`t you?

I`ll tell you what, you put yourself in the firing line, you deal with the threats of legal action and we`ll sit back and criticise everything you do, it`s OK for you posting stuff like that is n`t it, safe in the knowledge that you`re not in the sights of a legal bullet!

Many posters are commenting without the full facts as usual, we hardly ever lock threads, we hardly ever delete posts, but when a poster decides to threaten the organization with legal action whether it`s posturing or serious, we have to treat it as a serious threat and take action accordingly. I`m saddened that it`s come to this, it need not have if the poster in question had n`t thrown his toys out. :(

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2012, 07:37:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A very sad episode however, I'm sure everyone is aware of the forum rules and please be assured the mods and directors of the VSC only take action as a last resort. We hope the rules will suffice to enable people to take a step back and review their stance however, when this does not happen action unfortunately needs to be taken.

Once action is taken, for the protection of the individual and for the protection of the VSC, it's members and visitors it is not appropriate for details to be published to then be subject to further debate.

The Directors and Mods perform voluntarily, vigilantly and thanklessly and on balance get very much more things right than wrong.

We hope you understand this and help us to move on when quite frankly, there are more pressing issues that need our time and positive input.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2012, 07:37:33 pm by Mr1Croft »
The Viking Chat moderation team is made up of VSC directors and VSC members who have volunteered their own time to help maintain the smooth running of this website.

The VSC does not exist as a supporters type club, we are a co-operative that is registered as an Industrial and Provident Society under the Financial Services Authority and we are also a member of Supporters Direct which was originally Government funded to support fan influence and fan ownership of Football clubs.

Under the rules provided by Supporters Direct (from the Model Rules) we are bound by our own legislation to be accessible by all, and a democratic organisation that provides members 1 share and one vote in our society. Another rule is that our objective is to be a representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the Community which it serves. Therefore the VSC does not deny any supporter the right to speak their opinions of the club, and also of the society.

As Viking Chat is a service provided by the VSC, we implement these rules which is why we do not deny non-members the chance to use the forum and voice their concerns. However all users of this forum (whether members or non-members) make an bonded agreement with Viking Chat of the terms and conditions, by doing so you agree to our rules of this website. The poster in question failed to abide by these rules and his right to be a member became void under our \"3 strike policy\".

This was not an incident that was dealt with by one individual, it was discussed between all directors and a decision was reached. The subsequent thread was locked because the moderators have spent some time discussing this issue, and discussions were ongoing between the poster and the moderators via PM, under the sites rules the moderators cannot state what was said privately between a user and a moderator. The post was locked because it was leading to fellow users scrutinizing the VSC and putting the VSC in a position where it cannot defend itself due to the 'evidence' of defense being a private discussion where we are not in a position to reveal what was said. We therefore felt that because we cannot answer the questions specifically that were going to arise about the VSC, it would be a waste of your own time to ask them.

Should any of you have any further concerns about Viking Chat please PM a moderator, or locate the VSC Director's email addresses in the 'contact us' link under the information bar located on the left of your screen.

Regards

Lee,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 22, 2012, 07:44:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just as a matter of interest, how many Mods do we have on the forum?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 22, 2012, 07:45:21 pm by The L J Monk »
The idea that this forum is destined to turn into YAURS was scoffed at by one of the mods on here a few weeks ago.

I'd say talk of legal action between mods and posters has brought that reality a step further.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 22, 2012, 07:49:48 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=221669
Just as a matter of interest, how many Mods do we have on the forum?

The moderators are: DRNaith, Filo,

The VSC Directors (labelled Administrators or Admin) are: Gartom, Berkshire Rovers, Silent_Majority, RobtheRover, bobjimwilly, Glyn_Wigley, NathanDRFC DonnyBazRovers, Mr1Croft.

That makes 11 moderators in total, if I missed anyone out don't kill me :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 22, 2012, 07:53:56 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=221671
The idea that this forum is destined to turn into YAURS was scoffed at by one of the mods on here a few weeks ago.

I'd say talk of legal action between mods and posters has brought that reality a step further.

It`s the other way round this time though

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 22, 2012, 07:54:19 pm by RUPRECHT »
''but when a poster decides to threaten the organization with legal action whether it`s posturing or serious, we have to treat it as a serious threat and take action accordingly''

I dont understand this, how are you protecting the 'organization' - do you really think Mr Frost would have sued the 'organization' for deformation of character or something similar, and even if he had the chances of him winning based on the evidence I have seen would have been miniscule.

Where is the threat?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 22, 2012, 07:55:36 pm by bobjimwilly »

:zzz:

Can we get back to talking about the Rovers at some point?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 22, 2012, 07:56:45 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=221666
The Viking Chat moderation team is made up of VSC directors and VSC members who have volunteered their own time to help maintain the smooth running of this website.

The VSC does not exist as a supporters type club, we are a co-operative that is registered as an Industrial and Provident Society under the Financial Services Authority and we are also a member of Supporters Direct which was originally Government funded to support fan influence and fan ownership of Football clubs.

Under the rules provided by Supporters Direct (from the Model Rules) we are bound by our own legislation to be accessible by all, and a democratic organisation that provides members 1 share and one vote in our society. Another rule is that our objective is to be a representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the Community which it serves. Therefore the VSC does not deny any supporter the right to speak their opinions of the club, and also of the society.

As Viking Chat is a service provided by the VSC, we implement these rules which is why we do not deny non-members the chance to use the forum and voice their concerns. However all users of this forum (whether members or non-members) make an bonded agreement with Viking Chat of the terms and conditions, by doing so you agree to our rules of this website. The poster in question failed to abide by these rules and his right to be a member became void under our \"3 strike policy\".

This was not an incident that was dealt with by one individual, it was discussed between all directors and a decision was reached. The subsequent thread was locked because the moderators have spent some time discussing this issue, and discussions were ongoing between the poster and the moderators via PM, under the sites rules the moderators cannot state what was said privately between a user and a moderator. The post was locked because it was leading to fellow users scrutinizing the VSC and putting the VSC in a position where it cannot defend itself due to the 'evidence' of defense being a private discussion where we are not in a position to reveal what was said. We therefore felt that because we cannot answer the questions specifically that were going to arise about the VSC, it would be a waste of your own time to ask them.

Should any of you have any further concerns about Viking Chat please PM a moderator, or locate the VSC Director's email addresses in the 'contact us' link under the information bar located on the left of your screen.

Regards

Lee,

Would you be writing all that if they hadn't added an admin badge to your profile? You certainly won't be arranging any protests now, will you?!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 22, 2012, 07:58:35 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=221673

True Filo. But whichever way round it is it's very sad.

Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=221675
:zzz:

Can we get back to talking about the Rovers at some point?

You go for it champ...in one of the other threads. The one's about football. The titles are a dead giveaway.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2012, 08:01:50 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=221677
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=221673

True Filo. But whichever way round it is it's very sad.

I agree

Just for clarification the last legal spat was for comments made on this forum`s predecessor and not on the now defunct other place

TinyPortal © 2005-2012