Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:07:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mods locking threads.  (Read 13488 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Mods locking threads.
« Reply #60 on February 23, 2012, 08:32:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Ten Mile Banker\" post=221897
The thing that I find most comical out of all this, is that crofty has somehow become a member of the board! :ohmy:

haha he's an absolute clown right? Has he not been ejected from football grounds in the past? Good look for the vsc that is :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 23, 2012, 08:50:19 pm by Alickismyhero »
Crofty

my response would be \"define what you mean by absolute democracy\" but please don't respond.

I have had my say, in a respectful way, pointing out that I don't like the way it was handled, purely on what I have read on the site.

I am pleased I was allowed to say it, you could say, democracy in action.

Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=221875
Crofty,

A good reply and perhaps the VSC member calling Frosty a liar would have been better placed had he taken a similar approach.

It seems, on the surface, poorly handled and the credibility of the VSC site will be brought in to question in the areas of censorship and democracy.

When it comes to democracy I am equal and opposite to your stated view.

Poacher turned gamekeeper springs to mind.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 23, 2012, 08:54:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=221926
The thing that I find most comical out of all this, is that crofty has somehow become a member of the board! :ohmy:

haha he's an absolute clown right? Has he not been ejected from football grounds in the past? Good look for the vsc that is :suicide:

Wtf as him being ejected from a mactch before got to do this? Nothing, thats the correct answer. If he does good for the VSC then whats the problem?

TrueRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 23, 2012, 09:31:37 pm by TrueRover »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=221926

are you the jester then?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 23, 2012, 09:35:35 pm by ditch_drfc »
Well donnyrovers fc, since you ask I may as well elaborate. The point I make is an implicit one, that someone who may have been ejected from football matches might not be the best choice for a director of the VSC.

For people who get ejected from football matches have a tendency to be loose-cannons, and more importantly, trouble.

But like I say, good luck to Crofty with the VSC. Let's hope it works out.

And thanks for the 'correct' answer. I'll be sure to PM you if I have any more pressing questions that need correct answers. Oh actually, I just thought of one. Would you like Rovers to get relegated next season?

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 23, 2012, 10:12:33 pm by ScillyRover »
Quote from: \"drfcdrfc\" post=221881
Quote from: \"ScillyRover\" post=221857
Quote from: \"drfcdrfc\" post=221848
Thank god this has caused TWD to fcuk off, absolute bore of a tory t**t.

And who can blame him for not bothering with comments like that becoming widespread on here.

Are you suggesting comments like that are more common than on the old site? The legendary old site.

The 'old site' or 'legendary old site' or whatever you are refering to never even crossed my mind. My reply to your post regarding TWD was in relation to comments made in a similar vein by a number of posters on THIS forum.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 23, 2012, 10:17:17 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=221943
Well donnyrovers fc, since you ask I may as well elaborate. The point I make is an implicit one, that someone who may have been ejected from football matches might not be the best choice for a director of the VSC.

For people who get ejected from football matches have a tendency to be loose-cannons, and more importantly, trouble.

And thanks for the 'correct' answer. I'll be sure to PM you if I have any more pressing questions that need correct answers. Oh actually, I just thought of one. Would you like Rovers to get relegated next season?

Pretty sure i read somewhere that he recieved an apology from Middlesbrough for them kicking him out... Dont think he makes an habit of it, or goes alll out to cause trouble.

PM me anytime you like, i'm not clued up on literature questions though so you're on your own if you need an answer to a question on that subject.

Do i want Rovers to be relegated next season? Simple answer, no. I like league 1 but league 2 is a terrible level.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 23, 2012, 11:39:26 pm by Mr1Croft »

Well if I was a trouble caused (although hooligan is perhaps more accurate) you could say that considering the VSC needs to reach out to all DRFC fans, it isn't the worse situation for the VSC to be in.

But I must confess im only 9 stone, I couldn't cause trouble with a buffet.

But yes I have had incidents (over a year ago now) where I have been foolish, drinking far too much and been on the wrong end of some heavy handed stewards. However I was kicked out for wearing a suit, and persistent standing on seperate occassions, neither are acts of criminal law and I have never been held in police custody for anything inside or outside of football, and nor have I committed an offence that would lead to it.

I was younger, naiver and thought I knew better then anyone else. The only good thing to come out of these is that I learnt and they helped me to mature. On Saturday I was sat next to the young lad who got kicked out for jumping up when bamago hit the post. In the past I probably would have reacted by causing a fuss and leading to myself getting ejected or at the least warned. Instead I calmly watched, and when that biggish bloke (suited) pulled the stewards to one side to give them a bollocking i spoke to him about the incident and retrieved an email address for the head of safety to whom I could complain.

Previous to me being a board member I have done previous work with the VSC in terms of community work and that poster on the home page in regards to Wednesday's launch is my poster, I attended meetings to help set up this scheme with other members and  tomorrow I am meeting with other members of this forum and various organisations including the DRFC community team to finalise things. I hope by doing this I proved my commitment and I ask I am judged by what I am going to do, and not by my past.

pubteam

« Reply #68 on February 23, 2012, 11:59:06 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=221972
I ask I am judged by what I am going to do, and not by my past.

How can anyone judge you by what you haven't done yet? :huh:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 24, 2012, 12:00:40 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Well if I was a trouble causer (although hooligan is perhaps more accurate) you could say that considering the VSC needs to reach out to all DRFC fans, it isn't the worse situation for the VSC to be in.

VSC are hunting the 'hooligan pound'? :laugh:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 24, 2012, 12:09:33 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=221975

any need to be pedantic? we both know Lee meant judge him on the work he is doing now for the vsc, not on his past.

pubteam

« Reply #71 on February 24, 2012, 12:13:35 am by pubteam »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=221978
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=221975

any need to be pedantic? we both know Lee meant judge him on the work he is doing now for the vsc, not on his past.

Sorry, forgot the 10 VSC commandments...

1. Thou shalt remain 100% serious in every post.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 24, 2012, 12:46:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Well if I was a trouble caused (although hooligan is perhaps more accurate) you could say that considering the VSC needs to reach out to all DRFC fans, it isn't the worse situation for the VSC to be in.

But yes I have had incidents (over a year ago now) where I have been foolish, drinking far too much and been on the wrong end of some heavy handed stewards. However I was kicked out for wearing a suit, and persistent standing on seperate occassions, neither are acts of criminal law and I have never been held in police custody for anything inside or outside of football, and nor have I committed an offence that would lead to it.

I was younger, naiver and thought I knew better then anyone else. The only good thing to come out of these is that I learnt and they helped me to mature. On Saturday I was sat next to the young lad who got kicked out for jumping up when bamago hit the post. In the past I probably would have reacted by causing a fuss and leading to myself getting ejected or at the least warned. Instead I calmly watched, and when that biggish bloke (suited) pulled the stewards to one side to give them a bollocking i spoke to him about the incident and retrieved an email address for the head of safety to whom I could complain.

Previous to me being a board member I have done previous work with the VSC in terms of community work and that poster on the home page in regards to Wednesday's launch is my poster, I attended meetings to help set up this scheme with other members and  tomorrow I am meeting with other members of this forum and various organisations including the DRFC community team to finalise things. I hope by doing this I proved my commitment and I ask I am judged by what I am going to do, and not by my past.

Good lad. It's all part of the growing up process.

Before you know it, you'll be mature enough to not vote Tory in 2015.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 24, 2012, 01:00:21 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=221988

Good lad. It's all part of the growing up process.

Before you know it, you'll be mature enough to not vote Tory in 2015.

Already considering it, my problem lies with Cameron. Any other Conservative leader (apart from IDS) would have stormed to power in the last General Election. Probably because he is private school educated unlike every leader in the past 40 years...

That said I ain't voting Labour either, can't stand Miliband, and Labour aren't known for getting rid of their poor leaders either...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 24, 2012, 01:09:12 am by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=221905
Croft's promotion to board member status is surely linked to his fondness for wearing suits.

:lol:

This post needs more love, brilliant stuff.

Also, I must admit (on a Doncaster Rovers forum this may not be the best way forward) that I voted for the Conservatives last year. I only had four choices and don't consider myself a Tory, but they were the best of a bad bunch. I knew I could have probably added my own box in biro, put \"John Doolan\" down as my vote and it would have had the same effect because Labour won by a mile, as they have done for the last 80 years and will no doubt continue to do for the next 80 odd years unfortunately.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 24, 2012, 02:54:55 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Croft an admin...christ almighty

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 24, 2012, 07:37:19 am by Red wizard »
I was at that game and saw the 2 lads get kicked out for no reason what so ever. I said to my brother at the time the reason they have been kicked out is because they was wearing suits. Never seen anything like it. Lets be honest it dont take much to get kicked out of a ground nowadays anyway. Only last sat a lad got kicked out for standing up. There was also another 60-70 others  they could of chosen to kick out.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 24, 2012, 08:05:38 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Goldthorpe Rover\" post=222006
Croft an admin...christ almighty

Give Crofty a break , he's told you that he was remorceful, young and daft as most of us have been.
He's having a go at some serious stuff that will help both the VSC and DRFC........good luck Lee keep it up. That incidentally wasn't a dig at you personally Goldthorpe but a general one on the adverse criticism this lad is getting from various posters. :whistle:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 24, 2012, 08:21:53 pm by redwine »
Hoola, I think it's more to do with the \"Road to Damascus like conversion\"

The about face from crofty has been so swift that I'm convinced the VSC have him holed up somewhere and an imposter is posing as him

Come on VSC tell us what you have done with the real crofty

:laugh:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 24, 2012, 08:35:49 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"redwine\" post=222118
Hoola, I think it's more to do with the \"Road to Damascus like conversion\"

The about face from crofty has been so swift that I'm convinced the VSC have him holed up somewhere and an imposter is posing as him

Come on VSC tell us what you have done with the real crofty

:laugh:

Let's just say what remains has helped pay towards the \"red ink\" on the JR Flag you'll see tomorrow... ;)

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 24, 2012, 08:40:11 pm by redwine »
It's not a petition is it?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 24, 2012, 08:52:54 pm by ditch_drfc »
Well Crofty voted Conservative at the last general election? I'm warming to this admin stuff already ;)

Ha, like I say I hope it's a move that works out well for the VSC.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 24, 2012, 09:00:53 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=222127
Well Crofty voted Conservative at the last general election? I'm warming to this admin stuff already ;)

At the time I was very vocal about my support for the Tories, despite being raised in Stainforth where I got my fair share of Thatcher being trashed daily I still have more to relate to the Tories then what was coming out of Gordon's Browns mouth and now Miliband...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 24, 2012, 09:15:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=222128

At the time I was very vocal about my support for the Tories, despite being raised in Stainforth where I got my fair share of Thatcher being trashed daily I still have more to relate to the Tories then what was coming out of Gordon's Browns mouth and now Miliband...

Oh dear Lee, this is something we will have to agree to disagree on. :boxing:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 24, 2012, 09:36:57 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=222133

Oh dear Lee, this is something we will have to agree to disagree on. :boxing:

I'm with Lee on this one too, the ineffective Milliband doesn't exactly inspire you to vote Labour nor do the policies.......we'll see whether or not they keep him.
None of the parties seem to have any direction at the moment, there seems to be little innovation or inspiration especially at a time when the electorate needs it most.
Still we have the SNP to turn to being Scottish ;)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 24, 2012, 09:39:33 pm by ScillyRover »

I'm with you on this one Lee, despite my working for the NCB & British Coal for 25 years, living in Stainforth for 15 years and experiencing brainwashing (mis)management lock-ins with Ian McGregor without seeing any daylight solidly for a whole two weeks I got converted. Best of luck with your VSC involvement. We all see the light eventually. ;)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 24, 2012, 09:55:52 pm by ditch_drfc »
Well I think Ian McGregor will evoke strong feelings on here... But I can't understand how anyone can support the modern day labour party with any conviction anymore.

They're hopelessly out of touch - so much so i don't even know what the party stands for. They're too narrow minded. They don't care about the working class, they care about scoring cheap political points over the \"tories\". It's embaressing watching Labour politicians pretend they're normal.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 24, 2012, 10:04:49 pm by ScillyRover »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=222141
Well I think Ian McGregor will evoke strong feelings on here... But I can't understand how anyone can support the modern day labour party with any conviction anymore.

They're hopelessly out of touch - so much so i don't even know what the party stands for. They're too narrow minded. They don't care about the working class, they care about scoring cheap political points over the \"tories\". It's embaressing watching Labour politicians pretend they're normal.

Despite being appointed by Thatcher, McGregor had his own personal and political agenda. As for your last paragraph, successive labour administrations have all displayed that characteristic.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 25, 2012, 01:11:14 am by mjdgreg »
Crofty in an excellent appointment to the higher echelons of the VSC. Despite being politically incorrect in the past the VSC has recognised his talents and he has benefited accordingly. So have we all. We now have a voice (I'm talking about all us doom mongers).

If Crofty changes his mind about his views in the past then that should give all us doom mongers pause for thought. He now has a lot more information to hand and I for one will respect his views and not jump to the obvious conclusion that he is now towing the VSC line because that is how he will get on. I credit him with being an honest individual who will still give his honest opinion about things. His answers to VSC questions are always excellent and the other moderators could take a leaf out of his book.

As far as the Labour/Tory argument goes I am an unabashed Labour Party hater. They have totally ruined the country and anyone who is thick enough to blame the Tories who are only trying to sort out the horrendous mess they were left should never be allowed to vote ever again.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 25, 2012, 08:50:17 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"mjdgreg\" post=222167
As far as the Labour/Tory argument goes I am an unabashed Labour Party hater. They have totally ruined the country and anyone who is thick enough to blame the Tories who are only trying to sort out the horrendous mess they were left should never be allowed to vote ever again.

:facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012