Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 07:09:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: All you cyclists out there....  (Read 1356 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
All you cyclists out there....
« on February 29, 2012, 03:11:48 pm by CusworthRovers »
Sherwood Pines again today folks. Proper alright there. Red route in under 1 hour and then a cheeky blue route after a spot of brunch. Fell off on the easier blue route and went over the handlebars. Made a right perishing fool of myself, so I did.

Coast to Coast ride coming up pour moi.

Might squeeze a trip up to Dalby Forest before, as it's supposed to be double right there.

Some lovely trails and routes around the mighty Doncaster. However one does need to come on our side of town to engage with some gradients.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Re: All you cyclists out there....
« Reply #1 on February 29, 2012, 03:58:16 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=223169
Sherwood Pines again today folks. Proper alright there. Red route in under 1 hour and then a cheeky blue route after a spot of brunch. Fell off on the easier blue route and went over the handlebars. Made a right perishing fool of myself, so I did.

Might squeeze a trip up to Dalby Forest before, as it's supposed to be double right there.

Some lovely trails and routes around the mighty Doncaster. However one does need to come on our side of town to engage with some gradients.

I'm more of an A10 man.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 29, 2012, 05:11:47 pm by Filo »

Got the old Raliegh Chopper out of the shed then? :laugh:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 29, 2012, 05:45:19 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=223198

Filo if you want a bit more of a challenge just come another 4-5 miles down the A614 past the turn to Sherwood Pines to Blidworth Bottoms, and after dark yes the name is apt........or so I've been told ahem!:woohoo: :whistle: , plenty of ups and downs loads of trails official and otherwise as well as the Forestry Roads more-so than Sherwood Pines and there are a couple of Hot Snack vans if you feel a bit peckish.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 29, 2012, 06:06:51 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=223205
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=223198

Filo if you want a bit more of a challenge just come another 4-5 miles down the A614 past the turn to Sherwood Pines to Blidworth Bottoms, and after dark yes the name is apt........or so I've been told ahem!:woohoo: :whistle: , plenty of ups and downs loads of trails official and otherwise as well as the Forestry Roads more-so than Sherwood Pines and there are a couple of Hot Snack vans if you feel a bit peckish.

This must be a dogging meet

you would n`t catch me on a pushbike! ;)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 29, 2012, 08:06:02 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
you wouldn`t catch me on a pushbike! ;)

You wouldn't be able to see the bike under your fat arse Dave. :woohoo:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2012, 12:30:00 pm by CusworthRovers »
I think I'm being set up to be bummed at Blood-orange Bottoms here.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2012, 01:18:06 pm by vaya »

Dalby's good, and massive compared to Sherwood. Try and go during the week if you can, as it gets packed at weekends.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2012, 03:15:24 pm by CusworthRovers »
Indeed. I did the Dalby Dash (10k) last autumn and it proper rocked. It looked an off road bikers paradise. As said, I think it's time to go back on the old Penny Farthing

TinyPortal © 2005-2012