Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:14:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Tickets Reduced  (Read 9043 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Season Tickets Reduced
« Reply #30 on March 01, 2012, 06:40:31 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=223404
So are  the loyalty bonus £20 and the alliance 5% discount both applied or is it one or the other

The £20 loyalty bonus is already accounted for in(my case) Cat B at £339, but the Alliance 5% has to be deducted from that making it £322.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 01, 2012, 06:41:54 pm by drfc1951 »
Cant wait to renew mine 1st one as a senior.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 01, 2012, 07:02:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So far the feedback seems to be positive.

As said on the other thread, we campaigned for

* Much simpler pricing structure
* Cat A prices for central areas of East and West, and all other seats being at a level fans would regard as being great value for money
* Renewal discounts
* Further concessions for the family area for groups
* Interest Free Instalments over a longer period
* No deadlines where prices increase but further 'incentives' to buy before a certain date.
* Online renewals
* Commit to, and publish fixed match prices at the same time, so the level of benefit/savings are transparent.

Particularly my objective was to achieve value that people will find attractive irrespective of what division we play in and overall to increase revenue from total sales.

You are the judges of how successful we have been and my fellow directors, particularly Silent_majority, who has worked hard on this with the club, remind me that we have had more success in influencing the club than ever before, even though I feel there's more that could be been done. The club for the first time did actually consult us before going press.

We must remember though, the board of DRFC are the ones making the tough financial decisions. In addition, we are seeing the seeds of change with various community and fan experience initiatives being introduced.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 01, 2012, 07:15:31 pm by dumbroofer »
i will take it that the scout scheme has been dropped? could be a case for getting last seasons stay aways back.
the pricing imo is spot on ,bonus if we stay up and not a big kick in the gnashers if we dont.
well done sir john....

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 01, 2012, 07:23:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good to hear.

I think the Club Scout scheme was faulty, however I still feel there is scope of a more modest reward scheme should anyone be able to persuade others to sign up however, not one where the discount may lure people into fiddling !!?? Perish the thought !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 01, 2012, 07:46:04 pm by Filo »
The message needs to be put out in the public domain loud and clear, to try and tempt former season ticket holders back, I fear that last season`s ridiculous prices will haven driven a fair few away permanently

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 01, 2012, 07:52:04 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=223443
The message needs to be put out in the public domain loud and clear, to try and tempt former season ticket holders back, I fear that last season`s ridiculous prices will haven driven a fair few away permanently

That and the concern over all of the match by match offers.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 01, 2012, 08:28:04 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=223356
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=223351
Quote from: \"Jenny\" post=223349
...still willing to put my money where my mouth is and support the club financially despite it being financially stupid for me. I hope plenty of others do the same!

Huzzah to that. Financial stupidity has made this country what it is today.

You know what I mean..... I am not saying people should over commit themselves and buy something they can't afford. Its only stupid for me because it would cost me less on a match by match basis, not stupid in the fact that I can't afford it!

If it makes you feel any better, I am a ST holder in the East Stand- and attended my first home game of the season on Saturday! Like GR, if JR can put millions into Rovers to keep us going, the least i can do is contribute to help him.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 01, 2012, 08:34:03 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
To be honest am abit pissed off. DRFC state reduced. My season ticket this season was £120.00 as i fall into the Young adults cat. Why have they added a extra £39.00 on to the young persons ticket. When it clearly says reduced.

Next generation of Rovers supporters and yet again. Driving them away. You cant reduce one set for the adults and up the prices on us young ens. Granted its still cheap. But maybe a extra 39.00-59.00 quid when we are looking likley to be in league 1.
Clubs ran by monkeys.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 01, 2012, 08:37:54 pm by DRFCSouth »
I sympathise with you on the increase but in the grand scheme, you will have a massive hike at some point when moving to an adult ticket. I think it is decent of them to offer young person discounts in the first place. It didn't and wouldn't have happened a few years back. Like I said though, I hear you.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 01, 2012, 09:02:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
To be honest am abit pissed off. DRFC state reduced. My season ticket this season was £120.00 as i fall into the Young adults cat

Your ticket last season was priced at £170 rising to £210 depending on when you bought it however, you got it on special offer, as the VSC managed to persuade the club to extend Cat C pricing up to March 25th as they told us they were withdrawing Cat C prices. We said this would have a detrimental effect particularly in the family stand.

Their hope was that the Cat C area would sell much more before 25 March, which in effect would give them the ability to charge away fans more without hurting home fans too much. Didn't quite work out that way. This is the problem with early deadlines.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 01, 2012, 09:32:24 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=223468
To be honest am abit pissed off. DRFC state reduced. My season ticket this season was £120.00 as i fall into the Young adults cat

Your ticket last season was priced at £170 rising to £210 depending on when you bought it however, you got it on special offer, as the VSC managed to persuade the club to extend Cat C pricing up to March 25th as they told us they were withdrawing Cat C prices. We said this would have a detrimental effect particularly in the family stand.

Their hope was that the Cat C area would sell much more before 25 March, which in effect would give them the ability to charge away fans more without hurting home fans too much. Didn't quite work out that way. This is the problem with early deadlines.

But don't advertise all season tickets are reduced when they are
Not its false advertisement

I find it crazy that you don't see it

And the club never officially stated we would be losing cat c
They should have kept it for exciting cat c season ticket holders
Instead of screwing them or at least be honest it about it

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 01, 2012, 09:38:33 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=223468

Regardless of a 'special offer' or not the season ticket prices state reduced. It was £120.00 now it will be £159.00.   Reduced? Oh.

theyoungone

« Reply #43 on March 01, 2012, 09:42:34 pm by theyoungone »
What else do some fans expect?
John Ryan is a buisness man at the end of the day and he's done alot more for the club than any of us lot have. (me included)

Can't really understand the criticism,hes reduced the adult tickets and maintained the child prices,no matter what some people always moan.

I fall into the £80 catergory as I'm only a teenager but I'd still have no complaints.
Just pay it and enjoy! ;)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 01, 2012, 09:57:10 pm by rich1471 »
I only paid £340 for my season ticket last season in the south stand so not a great saving but at the end of the day the club needs to make money to survive but wigan,blackburn and bolton are all cheaper to watch and this is what some fans will look at but still a lot cheaper than most.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 01, 2012, 10:25:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
When I was 16 there was no young adult I paid 270 quid for mine at belle vue to stand. so think yourself lucky.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 01, 2012, 10:47:29 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=223516
When I was 16 there was no young adult I paid 270 quid for mine at belle vue to stand. so think yourself lucky.

I'm not 16, I'm 19.
The main argument is why advertise something what isn't? Regardless of how much it is. If it was 50p or 50 grand. It's still misleading information. I have abit of a problem with why it is a little bit more. When league 1 looks likely. But I still will pay it.
Like I said the main thing Is the misleading information. When you see something saying 'reduced season tickets' but then when you look into it. There's actually more £s been added on. Really takes the biscuit.
If there wasn't anything advertising cheaper tickets for my age group I wouldn't have a problem. But what they have wrote is a lie.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 01, 2012, 10:50:49 pm by Akinfenwa »
To compare, here are a few League One clubs' season ticket brochures for this/next season. Looking through them I think that our prices are fair even if we go down.

Scunthorpe
Notts County
Carlisle
Bournemouth
Huddersfield
Tranmere
Oldham
Colchester
Bury
MK Dons

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 02, 2012, 12:32:45 am by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=223527
To compare, here are a few League One clubs' season ticket brochures for this/next season. Looking through them I think that our prices are fair even if we go down.

Scunthorpe
Notts County
Carlisle
Bournemouth
Huddersfield
Tranmere
Oldham
Colchester
Bury
MK Dons

Once again your missising the young lads point everyone is so up for a argument on these boards now adays
They don't read the young lads point

In fact he probably agrees with you it's a bargain his season ticket but his point was
The club have said ALL season tickets have been reduced. Which is untrue as his has gone up
From £120 to £159 I reiterate again he is not saying it isn't a bargain
But why say ALL when it's not true

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 02, 2012, 12:49:56 am by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=223527

Scunthorpe
Notts County
Carlisle
Bournemouth
Huddersfield
Tranmere
Oldham
Colchester
Bury
MK Dons

I tell you what it also shows is the club does not have the thought a lot of league 1 clubs have
Look at notts county if they reach a certain number of season tickets they will give each fan upto £150 to spend in club shop on the concourse or towards next season ticket
Or mkdons Who have a great club scout scheme remember that plus offer 10 months interest free
And that's just 2 the rest all have some sort of thing going off

Intact nearly every league 1 side overs 10 month interest free. Which shows how far the club is behind

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 02, 2012, 12:54:50 am by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=223523
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=223516

I'm not 16, I'm 19.
The main argument is why advertise something what isn't? Regardless of how much it is. If it was 50p or 50 grand. It's still misleading information. I have abit of a problem with why it is a little bit more. When league 1 looks likely. But I still will pay it.
Like I said the main thing Is the misleading information. When you see something saying 'reduced season tickets' but then when you look into it. There's actually more £s been added on. Really takes the biscuit.
If there wasn't anything advertising cheaper tickets for my age group I wouldn't have a problem. But what they have wrote is a lie.

The below is taken direct from jr statement on official website

SEASON TICKET PRICES REDUCED!

In order to help you support me, I have taken the decision to reduce season ticket prices.Now all adult and concession season ticket prices are the cheapest they have been for years and for 2012/13 adult prices are available from £339 in Category B or £399 in Category A.This price reduction means watching Doncaster Rovers next season can cost as little as £14.74 per game.

The bit about cheapest it's been for years is funny. As it was cheaper for you last year

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 02, 2012, 12:58:21 am by Akinfenwa »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=223556
Once again your missising the young lads point everyone is so up for a argument on these boards now adays
They don't read the young lads point

In fact he probably agrees with you it's a bargain his season ticket but his point was
The club have said ALL season tickets have been reduced. Which is untrue as his has gone up
From £120 to £159 I reiterate again he is not saying it isn't a bargain
But why say ALL when it's not true

I'm missing no ones point because I was replying to the thread in general, not whoever you're on about. Just thought it would be handy so that people could compare prices with similar or lower clubs in L1 before they say \"ugh, not paying that because we could be in League One next year\". Our prices are better value than those of a number of teams in League One with worse facilities and no chance of Championship football next season.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 02, 2012, 09:20:47 am by TheFunk »
Quote from: \"rich1471\" post=223499
I only paid £340 for my season ticket last season in the south stand so not a great saving but at the end of the day the club needs to make money to survive but wigan,blackburn and bolton are all cheaper to watch and this is what some fans will look at but still a lot cheaper than most.

Don't forget you get 4 less games in the premier league.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 02, 2012, 09:27:57 am by dickos1 »

Why should we look at those clubs? Premier league clubs aren't reliant on gate receipts, due to the massive revenue they receive from other sources. They could let everyone in for a fiver and still make money.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 02, 2012, 09:36:19 am by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"TheFunk\" post=223580

38 games in prem. 46 in championship.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 02, 2012, 09:44:23 am by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=223587

I think he was talking about home games seeing as season tickets don't cover away games.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 02, 2012, 09:50:59 am by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=223587

I think the point was 4 less home games for the season ticket - 23 vs 19.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 02, 2012, 11:21:39 am by wing commander »
Whilst i do see Yappers point and the one about young persons prices,i have to say that a thread that should be positive about the club doing everything it can to balance the needs of a supporters whilst trying to keep the club on a firm footing is once again turning into a pop at the club....

How many times do some of you need to hear JR state in the press how dissapointed he is with the continuos critism of him and the club before it starts to sink in that we need to get behind him and cut out the digs at his every little error..Ok your price isnt reduced but the discount you get is cheaper than most and is still a fantastic deal for you...And like what has been said when i was a lad at belle vue there were no discounts available at all..In fact as a young lad at school i had to work every Saturday morning milking cows at the ass end of dawn to even think of been able to watch what was normally a div 4 Rovers team...

I'm sure the free speach and happy clapper tag will no doubt come my way,but maybe we can have a bit of common sence and acceptance that this is a great jesture by JR and the club and get them bought to help gurantee that not only are we succesfull but that we have a club to support at all...!!!!!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 02, 2012, 11:48:38 am by vaya »
There’s always going to be winners and losers in any pricing structure; for various reasons I lost out a couple of years ago. If physically possible the club would try and negotiate 12,000 individual deals to maximise revenue v. attendance if they could, but they can’t and I hope they’ve tried to reach the biggest compromise possible.

Just so I could put a bit of perspective on what I’m faced with, I dug out all my old season tickets and receipts last night:

Least Full season at BV (Popside)...........£270.00....League One
Half BV/Half KMS season.....................£295.00....League One
First Full KMS season (Cat B...............£360.00....League One
Currently...................................£400.00....Championship

I’ll potentially now be paying 20 quid less than I was four seasons ago, and 60 quid less than I am now.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 02, 2012, 12:01:34 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=223610
Whilst i do see Yappers point and the one about young persons prices,i have to say that a thread that should be positive about the club doing everything it can to balance the needs of a supporters whilst trying to keep the club on a firm footing is once again turning into a pop at the club....

How many times do some of you need to hear JR state in the press how dissapointed he is with the continuos critism of him and the club before it starts to sink in that we need to get behind him and cut out the digs at his every little error..Ok your price isnt reduced but the discount you get is cheaper than most and is still a fantastic deal for you...And like what has been said when i was a lad at belle vue there were no discounts available at all..In fact as a young lad at school i had to work every Saturday morning milking cows at the ass end of dawn to even think of been able to watch what was normally a div 4 Rovers team...

I'm sure the free speach and happy clapper tag will no doubt come my way,but maybe we can have a bit of common sence and acceptance that this is a great jesture by JR and the club and get them bought to help gurantee that not only are we succesfull but that we have a club to support at all...!!!!!!

Ok where do I sign. Oh I forgot I'm not brain washed like yourself

Look it's simple if jr wanted a positive thread so making stupid mistakes
Why say every season ticket is reduced when it's clearly not

If jr spent more time cleaning up these stupid errors and less time asking
Fans to get behind him and moaning when people criticise him

Jr if you are reading this just take the headline down save yourself the hassle

TinyPortal © 2005-2012