Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:45:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Censorship again  (Read 3268 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Censorship again
« on March 04, 2012, 04:19:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Why has the thread about the bust up in town last night been removed?

Half of town would have seen it last night - it was hardly a private event! No names mentioned and no individuals identified. What is the problem?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Censorship again
« Reply #1 on March 04, 2012, 04:23:00 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224124

Half of town would have seen it last night - it was hardly a private event! No names mentioned and no individuals identified. What is the problem?

It hasn't.

donnyguy61

« Reply #2 on March 04, 2012, 04:23:40 pm by donnyguy61 »
Been put into off topic section

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2012, 04:24:25 pm by silent majority »
Censorship??

Its called 'good housekeeping'.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2012, 04:32:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
I have a shed that needs emptying. What time can you come round?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 04, 2012, 06:58:22 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224132

I moved the thread into Off-topic. You want to take a guess why? :facepalm:

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2012, 07:00:49 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=224193
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224132

I moved the thread into Off-topic. You want to take a guess why? :facepalm:

Bobjimwilly, why not just change your dp to one big facepalm? I can't remember the last time I saw a post by you that didn't have one in.

Feel free to move my comment to the off topic section if you like though mate.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2012, 07:07:38 pm by dickos1 »
What's the problem? It's not about rovers so therefore it's been placed where it belongs.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2012, 07:08:28 pm by The L J Monk »
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 05, 2012, 09:07:14 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=224201
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

:evil:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 05, 2012, 10:02:57 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224124

for people that can`t be arsed to get their facts right!

More to the point, what is your problem?

I`m sure an apology will be forthcoming, eventually, for the false accusation of censorship!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 05, 2012, 10:14:41 am by ditch_drfc »
After 7 post's telling him it's been removed I think he may have the idea that he was wrong!

Love how mods on here can get cocky with people, yet when it happens back, they kick up a right shit storm about it!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 05, 2012, 10:21:11 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=224295
After 7 post's telling him it's been removed I think he may have the idea that he was wrong!

Love how mods on here can get cocky with people, yet when it happens back, they kick up a right shit storm about it!

I`m sure if you were regularly accused of things falsely, you`d get a bit cheesed off in the end! I`m not saying the OP has done this regularly, it`s probably more of a general forum thing to \"bash the admin team\" just lately I personally am getting a bit sick of the constant criticism directed towards us, I would n`t mind so much if the critics could back up their statements with facts!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 05, 2012, 10:31:34 am by ditch_drfc »
Yeah, people are criticising the mods/admin, in a lot of cases it's deserved. From where we are sitting, when threads get moved how do you think it looks? You forget that we don't see the private messages that go on behind the scenes. We won't see if there are any discussions into banning members etc... So when something happens out of the blue, members will criticise. A lot of the time, when someone criticises you (the mods in general), you tell them it's not up for discussion, which only makes it worse.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 05, 2012, 10:50:30 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=224297
Yeah, people are criticising the mods/admin, in a lot of cases it's deserved. From where we are sitting, when threads get moved how do you think it looks? You forget that we don't see the private messages that go on behind the scenes. We won't see if there are any discussions into banning members etc... So when something happens out of the blue, members will criticise. A lot of the time, when someone criticises you (the mods in general), you tell them it's not up for discussion, which only makes it worse.

Surely that just leaves THIS Thread to join it :facepalm:

... no wait - someone will just jump in and ask what has happened to the Thread asking about the previous Thread that seems to have moved (I think):evil:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 05, 2012, 10:59:10 am by Chris Black come back »
This is not the biggest issue facing the club at the moment...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 05, 2012, 11:44:55 am by Filo »

Maybe we should seek your permission and that of your fellow non members and non contributors before actioning anything in the future.

For the record, in the past, in our behind the scenes discussions as you put it, I`ve been vehemently opposed to making this forum a members only forum, but just lately the only ones moaning and complaining about how this forum is run seems to be the non contributing posters. Now I`m not saying you should n`t have an opinion, far from it, what you should do if you don`t like how things are run is join up, get involved and get rid of us apparent incompetents

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 05, 2012, 11:46:30 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224301

Correct! It makes you wonder why the OP posted the thread in the first place does n`t it? ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 05, 2012, 12:07:34 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=224310
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224301

Correct! It makes you wonder why the OP posted the thread in the first place does n`t it? ;)

It did me for sure !

:silly:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 05, 2012, 12:09:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Oh dear.

Q: \"Why has the thread about the bust up in town last night been removed?\"

A: It has been moved to off-topic

Case closed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 05, 2012, 12:53:06 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224316
Oh dear.

Case closed.

If you had just asked that question and nothing else that would have been the response. But you chose to embellish your post with a little admin bash at the same time and titled the thread 'Censorship Again'. Therefore cue the response.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 05, 2012, 01:00:36 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=224324
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=224316
Oh dear.

Case closed.

If you had just asked that question and nothing else that would have been the response. But you chose to embellish your post with a little admin bash at the same time and titled the thread 'Censorship Again'. Therefore cue the response.[/quote

I feel a song coming on (To the tune of youve got to move it - move it)

Youve got to move it move it
Youve got to move it move it

err thats it Im afraid

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 05, 2012, 01:01:51 pm by silent majority »

Our members have a right to ask questions and if justified they can offer criticism. But, as in your case, its not the members criticising.

As secretary of the VSC I'm the one who is held accountable when things 'get legal', nobody else, and if I choose to close off a thread started by somebody who was facing a ban then I will do so. I was, and will, act in the best interests of the VSC and its members.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 05, 2012, 05:56:45 pm by ditch_drfc »
Just behave. When have things ever got \"legal\"?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 05, 2012, 06:02:34 pm by Mr1Croft »
You'd be surprised at how 'legal' everything internally related to the VSC has to be, especially with the Financial Services Authority who just wait for an excuse to throw the book at people...

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 05, 2012, 06:04:55 pm by Rios »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=224329

Our members have a right to ask questions and if justified they can offer criticism. But, as in your case, its not the members criticising.

As secretary of the VSC I'm the one who is held accountable when things 'get legal', nobody else, and if I choose to close off a thread started by somebody who was facing a ban then I will do so. I was, and will, act in the best interests of the VSC and its members.

It's just a thought but maybe seeing as the VSC is so concerned with the legal side of things and the image of the VSC has to be so vigorously protected, maybe they VSC might consider whether being in control of a long-standing forum is perhaps a conflict of interest to the goals of the VSC and the club.

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you SM as I do agree with much of what you're saying, but you do seem to be able to have akward/difficult/antagonistic questions levelled at you without throwing a hissy fit!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 05, 2012, 06:22:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=224455
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=224329

It's just a thought but maybe seeing as the VSC is so concerned with the legal side of things and the image of the VSC has to be so vigorously protected, maybe they VSC might consider whether being in control of a long-standing forum is perhaps a conflict of interest to the goals of the VSC and the club.

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you SM as I do agree with much of what you're saying, but you do seem to be able to have akward/difficult/antagonistic questions levelled at you without throwing a hissy fit!

By providing this forum we are able to give Doncaster Rovers fans a voice to not only debate amongst ourselves but to also allow members and DRFC fans to get their views across to the VSC so that we can get them across to the Club, so it therefore does not conflict the interest of our goals.

Also this forum has 2 independent moderators that do not sit on the VSC Board, and they contribute to the actions that are made to make sure there is an unbiased and level-headed approach to moderation.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 05, 2012, 06:33:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Anyone know what Wroey is up to these days?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 05, 2012, 06:48:34 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=224454
You'd be surprised at how 'legal' everything internally related to the VSC has to be, especially with the Financial Services Authority who just wait for an excuse to throw the book at people...

They were VERY good at throwing the book at banks, weren't they?

I suppose they must work like the FA- hammer the little guy but turn a blind eye to the big ones.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 05, 2012, 06:49:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm bloody livid.

I got a PM this morning from that MILF with the short skirts off Breakfast Time offering to fulfill my every carnal wish on the site of the old Portaloo at OBV. And she offered to wear my 20 year old Free Press Rovers shirt-the one that looked like a packet of Buitoni pasta -  while doing it. It'd be just nicely tight for her in all the right places if you catch my drift.

Any road. I've just checked my inbox to make a note if her number and the message has vanished. Which one of you bas**rds has pilfered it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012