Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:22:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepmoat Stadium Meeting  (Read 4038 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Keepmoat Stadium Meeting
« on March 27, 2012, 06:28:18 am by watto-drfc »
COUNCILLORS will meet today to discuss options for the future of Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium.

Among the possibilities being considered by council bosses is to knock the Keepmoat down and sell the land for redevelopment, only six years after it opened.

A report to go before the regeneration scrutiny panel today states that the cash-strapped venue is no “longer a going concern” and does not have the money in place to operate for another 12 months.

The Free Press revealed last year that talks are under way to sell the community stadium to Doncaster Rovers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Keepmoat Stadium Meeting
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2012, 08:43:26 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"watto-drfc\" post=229790
COUNCILLORS will meet today to discuss options for the future of Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium.

Among the possibilities being considered by council bosses is to knock the Keepmoat down and sell the land for redevelopment, only six years after it opened.

A report to go before the regeneration scrutiny panel today states that the cash-strapped venue is no “longer a going concern” and does not have the money in place to operate for another 12 months.

The Free Press revealed last year that talks are under way to sell the community stadium to Doncaster Rovers.

Paying Rovers compensation for the remaining 19 years of the current  agreement probably stops that being an option

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2012, 08:45:34 am by Pinter777 »
im not an expert so help me out, but how much would it cost to knock it down? is this a scare tactic to hurry rovers up?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2012, 09:20:32 am by roverstillidie91 »
If theres 19 years left at around 250,000 approx a year

thats 4.75 million

would probably be worth our while getting it for 5 million when we have cut our wage bill

and seeing as DMBC are desperate to get rid would be a good deal and then we have our own ground

probably makes it more than important to stay up so we have the extra T.V revenue.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2012, 09:50:42 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"roverstillidie91\" post=229811

thats 4.75 million

would probably be worth our while getting it for 5 million when we have cut our wage bill

and seeing as DMBC are desperate to get rid would be a good deal and then we have our own ground

probably makes it more than important to stay up so we have the extra T.V revenue.

we pay £1m a year

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2012, 09:53:48 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=229814

thats 4.75 million

we pay £1m a year

No we don`t!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2012, 10:12:13 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229804

Paying Rovers compensation for the remaining 19 years of the current  agreement probably stops that being an option

Am I the only one who thinks the council have mentioned/leaked knocking it down so that Rovers don't hold all the cards.  The reality is we (in reality JR) are the only one of the tennants capable of taking it on and the council are desperate to get rid of it.  The fall out from evicting us, the Belles, RL and athletics would be political and financial suicide.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2012, 10:23:04 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229815

thats 4.75 million

we pay £1m a year

No we don`t!

Thought the final was revised when it was losing loads of money few years ago ....in return we get% of sells ???

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2012, 10:23:59 am by Pinter777 »
agreed it seems like a cheeky political tactic to hurry the process up. i justcant see where we will get the finances to buy the stadium.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2012, 10:24:45 am by SkellowRover »

thats 4.75 million

we pay £1m a year

No we pay £250k a year

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2012, 10:26:05 am by Pinter777 »
Quote from: \"Pinter777\" post=229821
agreed it seems like a cheeky political tactic to hurry the process up. i justcant see where we will get the finances to buy the stadium.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2012, 10:37:06 am by CusworthRovers »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=229818
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229804

Am I the only one who thinks the council have mentioned/leaked knocking it down so that Rovers don't hold all the cards.  The reality is we (in reality JR) are the only one of the tennants capable of taking it on and the council are desperate to get rid of it.  The fall out from evicting us, the Belles, RL and athletics would be political and financial suicide.

Interestingly the top man at Doncaster Athletics Club was on Radio Sheff the other week giving his tu'penneth worth. He would very much like to take control of the athletics area only, and whilst ever DMBC own it, it stops DAC accessing many funding streams for them to grow bigger on and off the track. He seems happy that he can make a right fist of running/owning the Athletics area.

But what are the thoughts and intentions of the Belles and DRLFC I wonder.

What a draw for the Dons in the Challenge Cup, by the way...away at the Bulls, if only it was at home. You'd think all Super League sides should be made to play away in this round if drawn against lower opposition for the benefit of the lesser clubs and the game as a whole

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2012, 11:27:07 am by silent majority »
I attended the meeting this morning on behalf of the FSF/VSC. It was an interesting meeting and I can do a full report on it at some point, but right now I need to get some work done!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2012, 11:29:12 am by Colin C No.3 »
A source close to the club has told me that Rovers could buy the stadium for £5 million.

Got to be worth it at that figure, Championship football or not.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2012, 11:29:44 am by CusworthRovers »
In a nutshell please SM. I'm off to work shortly

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2012, 11:41:27 am by silent majority »
There are 3 options for the council.

The preferred option is to 'lease' to the Rovers.

Rovers have a 25 year agreement with 19 years left.

They could if they wish stick to that contract.

Nobody can knock anything down for another 19 years

19 years isn't very long and DRFC would need longer, expect a lease to be between 50-100 years.

Doncaster Council will always retain ownership, special caveats will be in place to preserve the stadium as a community asset for the use of DRFC supporters.

Other special t's and c's will exist to preserve use for the other tenants/users

Blah blah blah

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2012, 11:42:38 am by Muttley »
Quote from: \"Pinter777\" post=229806
im not an expert so help me out, but how much would it cost to knock it down? is this a scare tactic to hurry rovers up?

No, it's a tactic by a lazy journo to sell more papers. If you read the council report, that option was basically dismissed completely, but let's not let that stand in the way of a good story!

If I was JR I'd be looking to secure a long term lease over the whole complex at a knock down rate and tell the council to leave the £5m offer on the table and I might take them up on it when things are looking a bit brighter on and off the pitch.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2012, 11:44:20 am by CusworthRovers »
Thanks for the update and thanks for taking the trouble of attending on behalf of the fans. That doesn't mean we can touch tails by the way

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2012, 11:45:06 am by silent majority »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=229839
Thanks for the update and thanks for taking the trouble of attending on behalf of the fans. That doesn't mean we can touch tails by the way

Damn!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2012, 11:50:21 am by Spud »
I bet DMBC wish they'd offered it to us while we were on the up. However good value £5m is where we gonna get that from now? How about 250k a year for say 19 years? :-D

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2012, 12:09:51 pm by silent majority »
There is no £5m sale! There is no sale full stop!

Its a lease, with the details still to be worked out.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2012, 12:15:21 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Have Rovers got a pot to piss in? It worries me greatly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2012, 12:19:00 pm by Filo »
I would hope that when the club take over the stadium they ditch the catering company and the plastic shit they serve thats there now and invite local people to run the food outlets or better still take it in house and run them, same with the bars, and also get some local bookies on the concourses instead of the big ones that are not interested

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2012, 01:48:16 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=229837

19 years isn't very long and DRFC would need longer, expect a lease to be between 50-100 years.

Doncaster Council will always retain ownership, special caveats will be in place to preserve the stadium as a community asset for the use of DRFC supporters.

Other special t's and c's will exist to preserve use for the other tenants/users

Blah blah blah

Is it only me or does anyone not think that the best snippet of news here is that SM was invited to attend on behalf of the VSC? Lets hope that this will lead to the VSC (or any other DRFC supporters group) having a role and voice into the running of the new stadium management company, on behalf of Doncaster council tax payers of course. Well done SM.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 27, 2012, 01:53:33 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The VSC could run the stadium better.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 27, 2012, 02:26:35 pm by ditch_drfc »

Blah blah blah

Does that mean us buying it is out of the question?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 27, 2012, 02:52:24 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=229873

Blah blah blah

Does that mean us buying it is out of the question?

Never say never. However for all practicable purposes then that's exactly what it means.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2012, 03:04:23 pm by ditch_drfc »
Ok, cheers. I don't really understand why they complain about it, yet won't let us buy it... Beyond me

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #28 on March 27, 2012, 03:24:55 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
I dont see how a lease is beneficial to us if we cant get loans secured on the ground or get it refurbished by the land lord. The place will look very shabby very quickly.. The council have given enough assets away to community groups , schools and academies etc. why cant they just give us the ground subject to safeguards ?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 27, 2012, 03:32:07 pm by Colin C No.3 »
£5 million would tip the balance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012