Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:44:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Goodbye Gartom and thanks for all the fish  (Read 5677 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Goodbye Gartom and thanks for all the fish
« on April 06, 2012, 10:23:17 pm by Wokingviking »
Gareth and Steve (Berkshire Rover) have resigned from the VSC Board.

Thanks to both of you for such huge contributions.  Both of you are respected by JR and the club and were therefore able to give the fans an authoritative voice.  Great work.

I hope others will join me on this thread to add their appreciation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Goodbye Gartom and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2012, 10:27:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Easily the most positive Rovers fan!

Do we know the reasons?

Or a casualty of the moaning miserable ungrateful individuals that are regularly on here?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2012, 10:31:25 pm by jucyberry »
Sad news indeed, I don't quite know what to say... What will happen now? I must admit it's a shock piece of news to go to bed on.. :(

I guess all there is to say is thanks for all you both have done and all the hours of your free time you have given over to the VSC and Rovers...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2012, 10:37:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Steve and Gareth sent me their resignations today.  I'd like to add my personal thanks to them both for their hard work and dedication to the VSC.  Remember, Gareth took over from Andy Liney at a time when no-one was coming forward to take the helm, and for that we should all be very grateful.

Moving forward, I shall become Acting Chair until such time as a permanent chair is appointed, and will appoint an Acting Vice Chair from the other 5 directors this weekend.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2012, 10:38:41 pm by donny dave »
I would like to thank them both and wish them all the best for the future.

MartinB

« Reply #5 on April 06, 2012, 10:54:26 pm by MartinB »
What's on the go? It's a crazy time at DRFC, Directors, Star Striker, Chief Exec, Manager, Assistant, Kit Man & VSC Directors all gone this season.. :saywhat:  Getting worried now.

Thanks for the work with VSC & Links with JR. :clapping:  Please continue to post here, positive posts always welcome!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2012, 10:56:27 pm by Mr1Croft »
I would also like to speak as a VSC Member when I say thanks for everything they have done to help this club feel much more like my club. When I joined the Board they were very welcoming and I wish them the very best in the future.

But as Rob says the VSC must now move forward, we have come a long way since Gareth came on board and we must ensure that the VSC continues to grow as the supporters voice at DRFC, otherwise all Gareth and Steve has done for the VSC will be lost.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2012, 11:10:31 pm by RedJ »
Jesus, unexpected.

I'd like to add my thanks for all the great work done by Gartom (and I'm sure Steve too!) over his tenure.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2012, 11:23:39 pm by Sandy Lane »
I am very sorry to hear the news, and a big thank you from me as well for all your hard work.  You'll be missed as positive role models for the Rovers as well as for your tireless efforts on our behalf. Gareth gave me a Rovers scarf on behalf of the vsc at my very first Rovers match, and it has meant a lot to me.  Thank you again!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2012, 11:34:46 pm by Filo »
I echo the previous comments, thanks Gareth and Steve for all you`ve done, this is so sudden, that I can`t help but think there`s something underlying here

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2012, 11:59:55 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=231878
I echo the previous comments, thanks Gareth and Steve for all you`ve done, this is so sudden, that I can`t help but think there`s something underlying here

Likewise...Thank You Gareth and Steve for the hardwork you've clearly put in.

What is going on though. Strange, strange times.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #11 on April 07, 2012, 04:51:04 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
:thanks for all the efforts on our behalf guys anad best of luck with whatever you choose to do in the future. Bit odd mid season tho isnt it ? I know gartom had the odd health scare so hope everythings ok. Could gartom be encouraged to make one final statement  ?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2012, 06:05:28 am by Dagenham Rover »
Sorry to hear, and I echo all thats been said

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2012, 06:26:16 am by Nudga »
Thanks to Gartom and especially Berkshire who I have dealt with personally through the commercial sponsorship.

I hope Silent Majority puts his name in the hat for the top job, if he has time that is.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2012, 07:05:45 am by The Red Baron »
Mmmmmm.... I heard a whisper about this around a week ago. I think there may be more to this story than meets the eye, although I'm not convinced it has anything to do with what's going on at the club.

Many thanks to Gareth and Steve for all the hard work they've done over the last few years.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2012, 07:15:54 am by Berkshire Rover »
Thanks for the thanks.

At the end of the day,  living in Berkshire as we both do  makes it very difficult to do everything that we would like to.

I've enjoyed my time on the Board and I'm sure Rob will lead the VSC well in the interim and hopefully longer term.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Gareth, both as a friend and as the Chair of the VSC. his contribution has been enormous and leaves a large hole to fill.

:rtid:

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 07, 2012, 07:36:32 am by RTID75 »
Thank you chaps.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 07, 2012, 08:30:40 am by NathanDRFC »
I too would add my thanks to them both as well.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2012, 08:47:20 am by bedale rover »
Yeah we need the VSC and gartom was a very important public face good luck for your efforts

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 07, 2012, 09:01:30 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I've not always agreed with everything the VSC have done in recent times but you certainly cannot fault the effort that Steve and Gareth have put in. Thanks lads.

Is there going to be a new direction for the VSC? Personally, I'd like to see a demanding and more militant approach on matters that affect the fans. It's about time this club sat up and took notice of fans' concerns. With Morris' departure I hope the VSC can really be a force to be reckoned with. The fans are the most important people at the club.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 07, 2012, 09:02:44 am by wilts rover »
and another thank you to you both, welcome back into the world of long suffering supporters

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 07, 2012, 09:06:11 am by SOD »
Thanks to you both and I will miss the information passed on from JR through Gartom during the season.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 07, 2012, 09:31:31 am by CusworthRovers »
In these turbulent times, it does make one speculate especially with the timing of it.

However the privacy of the 2 in question must be honoured. I tried to tease it out of RTR this morning, but he was having none of it (unless I agreed to touch his tail).

I still go with a theory that the 2 guys have found love in each other and will live a life of playing tummy sticks with each other in their Rovers shirts.

Many Thanks guys. As somebody who also gives time up for voluntary stuff, I know how hard it is, how demanding it is.............and unless you do it, no one will ever fully understand or appreciate it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 07, 2012, 09:34:11 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231913
I've not always agreed with everything the VSC have done in recent times but you certainly cannot fault the effort that Steve and Gareth have put in. Thanks lads.

Is there going to be a new direction for the VSC? Personally, I'd like to see a demanding and more militant approach on matters that affect the fans. It's about time this club sat up and took notice of fans' concerns. With Morris' departure I hope the VSC can really be a force to be reckoned with. The fans are the most important people at the club.

So is this you declaring your interest in becoming more involved Stu? :thumbsup:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 07, 2012, 09:41:06 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=231922
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231913

So is this you declaring your interest in becoming more involved Stu? :thumbsup:

I live 100 miles away from Donny so I'm in the same boat as the Berkshire Brothers sadly. I just want fans to realise that they can have an influence on the club if they stick together. Imagine if the VSC had 3000 active members. It would be as good as having a seat on the board!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 07, 2012, 09:57:49 am by dknward2 »
Shocked to hear this but thank you both for all your time and effort whatever the reason its your own

Hope we can now keep moving forward so all the hard work done by these two is not lost

DRFC & VSC forward together

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 07, 2012, 09:58:44 am by godlike1 »
I echo all that has been said. Despite the many fall outs on this forum over the last season in particular there have been many more positives which are still coming to fruition thanks to the club listening to the fans via the voice of their elected people.

It's unlikely I'll be buying a season ticket next year due to the cost involved however I will be investing my spare cash in investing in the. Vsc again after a while out along with rovers alliance to do my bit to support the youth (if they'll still take my cash that is???)

Some positive news over looked is that we are in the final of the youth cup against Exeter in case anyone missed it.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/Youth/0,,10329~2724882,00.html

I think we all know were going to need a lot of these kids next season there is a lad I know through work who's son plays for the youth and said the set up has come on leaps and bounds in recent years (with no help from sod incidentally who was not interrested) he did say that deano had been down to take a few training sessions as well and was instrumental in getting the under 21's and reserve team set up for next season.

He did agree with me that his tactics and subs are strange to say the least at times but that he'll get better with experience.

Also said that Willie Mac is a prized to***r who most parents can't stand and the sooner he's out of the club or has his influenced reduced the better. (willies kids are in the youth set up as well and the concensus is that only 1 of them is good enough)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 07, 2012, 10:06:50 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231923
Imagine if the VSC had 3000 active members. It would be as good as having a seat on the board!

:thumbsup:

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 07, 2012, 10:27:45 am by donny dave »
If the viking board would like any help, I would be willing to help out as much as I can.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 07, 2012, 10:46:24 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"donny dave\" post=231939
If the viking board would like any help, I would be willing to help out as much as I can.

Thanks for your offer Dave. We are looking to expand the number of directors in the very near future, and will be organising an evening for all VSC members to come and meet the directors, find out what we do and where we need help, and hopefully join the board! (more details TBC!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012