Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:33:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What rumours have you heard then?  (Read 16652 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: What rumours have you heard then?
« Reply #60 on June 02, 2012, 01:43:21 am by RoversAlias »
Is there only me who cannot understand the whole "I have sat in this very seat for every Rovers game since the Keepmoat Stadium opened in 2007, why should I move?"

Sometimes a change is good for you...

If someone wants to stay in their seat and is being forced to move, they have a right to be annoyed especially if they're being forced to move for what they perceive as a silly reason.

I certainly understand it, that said I wouldn't mind moving if it were me personally as I would sit in Cat A now if I could afford it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 02, 2012, 11:11:58 am by RobTheRover »
Away fans coming to the Keepmoat will certainly be down this coming season (and to be fair, I thought with a few exceptions that Championship club fans didnt really travel that well).

Carlisle fans have compiled this list as the top 6 away attendances

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

Three of them are not in the division any more, so if you replace 2 of them with Cov and Pompey (who will bring between 1000 and 2000 depending on how they are doing in the league) that leaves around 20 clubs bringing less than 1000, so easily accommodated in the East Stand with a bit of segregation.  Those bringing more than 1000 will probably go in the North Stand.

As Rovers are getting the rights to the stadium management this summer they will be responsible for both stewarding (formerly the SMC's responsibility) and the policing costs, so anything that reduces the burden/requirement must be considered as a cost saver.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 02, 2012, 11:34:33 am by MrFrost »
Rob - so to clairfy. Away teams with a small support will be going in the East Stand and the North Stand will be closed?

Surely there must be scope for unreserved seats pay on the day home fans in the North Stand.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 02, 2012, 11:49:51 am by eastender »
Away fans coming to the Keepmoat will certainly be down this coming season (and to be fair, I thought with a few exceptions that Championship club fans didnt really travel that well).

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

Three of them are not in the division any more, so if you replace 2 of them with Cov and Pompey (who will bring between 1000 and 2000 depending on how they are doing in the league) that leaves around 20 clubs bringing less than 1000, so easily accommodated in the East Stand with a bit of segregation.  Those bringing more than 1000 will probably go in the North Stand.

As Rovers are getting the rights to the stadium management this summer they will be responsible for both stewarding (formerly the SMC's responsibility) and the policing costs, so anything that reduces the burden/requirement must be considered as a cost saver.

silent_majority said that they are not closing the away end (North Stand)

RTR , your post seem's to contradict  that .

Either they are shutting the  North stand or they are mothballing half of the East Stand , simple question which one is it ?.

They are closing blocks ESA , ESB But only the first 20 seats of ESC , which say's to me that those 20 seat's in ESC will more than likely be used as segregation and covered in black mesh.
So i'll stand by my initial post that the away end will be closed .....but i could be wrong .  :whistle:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 02, 2012, 12:00:12 pm by MrFrost »
I just hope whatever part of the ground they are closing is going to be maintained and kept in such a condition that if we do need to use it, then it can be used. I remember when Leeds shut the top tier of their East Stand, they had a nightmare getting a safety certificate to get it reopened.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 02, 2012, 12:17:35 pm by silent majority »

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

Either they are shutting the  North stand or they are mothballing half of the East Stand , simple question which one is it ?.

They are closing blocks ESA , ESB But only the first 20 seats of ESC , which say's to me that those 20 seat's in ESC will more than likely be used as segregation and covered in black mesh.
So i'll stand by my initial post that the away end will be closed .....but i could be wrong .  :whistle:

No, your wrong, they are not closing the North Stand.

As I've already stated they are closing ESA, ESB and a bit of ESC. The ST holders in those areas, around 70 I believe, are being upgraded and put in Cat A seats. There is a considerable cost saving in doing this, and deterioration is not an issue.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 02, 2012, 12:47:40 pm by MrFrost »
I don't see how closing 2 blocks of seats has a considerable saving of cost. I could see the sense if it was an entire stand. But at the most you are saving on one turnstyle, a couple of stewards and a catering kiosk. Unless it goes deeper, and we are officially reducing the capacity of the stadium.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 02, 2012, 12:53:26 pm by eastender »

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

As I've already stated they are closing ESA, ESB and a bit of ESC. The ST holders in those areas, around 70 I believe, are being upgraded and put in Cat A seats. There is a considerable cost saving in doing this, and deterioration is not an issue.

I'll put it another way then SM to try and get a straight answer , will all the amenities under the East stand still be in use every game next season ?

P.S Not all 70 ST holders have  up graded to Cat A , i chose to remain in cat B to avoid changing seats again next season when they decide to charge Cat A prices for those who have been forced to moved from Cat B this season.  ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 02, 2012, 01:16:49 pm by silent majority »

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

I'll put it another way then SM to try and get a straight answer , will all the amenities under the East stand still be in use every game next season ?

P.S Not all 70 ST holders have  up graded to Cat A , i chose to remain in cat B to avoid changing seats again next season when they decide to charge Cat A prices for those who have been forced to moved from Cat B this season.  ;)

Are you suggesting I'm not giving you a straight answer? I've told you what I know, if you want more questions answering then you can ask the club yourself can't you? If you wish I don't mind asking them for you but you need to tell me what you want.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 02, 2012, 01:54:27 pm by eastender »

Shef Wed--2462
Shef Utd--2394
Hudders---1474
Charlt----1064
Preston---901
Carlisle--737

Are you suggesting I'm not giving you a straight answer? I've told you what I know, if you want more questions answering then you can ask the club yourself can't you? If you wish I don't mind asking them for you but you need to tell me what you want.

I'm not having a dig at you SM in any way or form , we all know that there are a lot of people who read this forum who work for DRFC/SMC  from the chairman down , ticket office staff , groundsman  + many more .
 Surely someone can explain on here what the full story is with out having to go to the lengths you suggest.
Unless their frightened of reprisals.  :pinch:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 02, 2012, 02:54:48 pm by silent majority »
I think the club wanted to speak to all of the ST holders before they announced anything, and I still think that is the case. However I posted what I knew to stop any rumours of the North stand being closed getting out of hand when I knew that was not happening.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012