Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:56:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Is Saunders the right man for League 1?

Yes
32 (25.8%)
No
70 (56.5%)
Unsure
22 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Is Saunders the right man for League 1?  (Read 9237 times)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
Is Saunders the right man for League 1?
« on April 09, 2012, 08:01:45 pm by inSODwetrust »
 :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
Re: Is Saunders the right man for League 1?
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 08:39:08 pm by donnygreenjeans »
I heard saunders voted in each category!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 09:01:56 pm by Chris »
But think of all the world class players!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 09:13:43 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
No need to worry, all Saunders needs is the next 20 people to vote Yes and he will be well out of this mess.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 11:27:33 pm by donnyroversfc »
I voted 'unsure'... Because i'm unsure.

MartinB

« Reply #5 on April 10, 2012, 01:17:08 am by MartinB »
Think of the players we'll bring in next season..."Championship Quality Players in League One".
Predicted starting XI next season using the "scouting nework"
GK: Pegguy Arphexa
DF: Ronald Koeman, Clive Freeman, Rachid Bouhenna & Ilunga
MID:Diatta, JJ Price, Paul Keegan
AM: Damien Plessis (Captain)
CF:  Julian Joachim & Marco Boogers

Saunders says he's not been given a chance but has brought in more players in a short time than any manager I can remember.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2012, 05:52:38 am by mjdgreg »
He's the right man for the Conference because that's where we'll end up unless he's given the boot as soon as possible.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2012, 08:13:32 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Lets be generous and say 1 in 4 think he's the right man for us next season, thats far more than I though given his frankly abysmal run whilst he's been here.

Remind me, its one win in how many now? Surely must be close to reaching the magic 19 surely?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2012, 09:45:01 am by Donnybax »
Lets be generous and say 1 in 4 think he's the right man for us next season, thats far more than I though given his frankly abysmal run whilst he's been here.

Remind me, its one win in how many now? Surely must be close to reaching the magic 19 surely?
1 win in 17 with players of "premier league quality" and "world class players"

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2012, 02:14:26 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
No.  :facepalm:

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2012, 06:20:15 pm by lee.j09 »
i think he is should be given till next january.

Dont forget under SOD it was a slow start give the man a chance

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2012, 06:30:13 pm by donnyroversfc »

Plus he's had to work with the 'help' of someone that only has his own interests at heart and not necessarily working for the best of the club but for his own gain.

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2012, 06:30:31 pm by Mark DRFC »
yeah SOD had a slow start but he didnt have the likes of Diouf, chimbonda, Piquionne, baye, illunga etc plus all the pile of shit other so called World Class McKay players hwo by all rights should be pissing the division if what is said is to be believed about their quality.
Saunders is not the man to take us back up when the inevitable happens, i personally think he will take us further down.

John Ryan, you love this club, if it wasnt for the money men who have now cashed in and pissed off  SOD would still be manager and we would have a chance at bouncing straight back, he was proven to do well in League 1 just look at the record.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2012, 07:11:55 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Of course you have to give people a chance ...some of the opinions on here bang out of order!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2012, 07:43:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Sorry Dean. Fresh start needed. New players. New gaffer.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2012, 07:57:18 pm by lee.j09 »
yeah SOD had a slow start but he didnt have the likes of Diouf, chimbonda, Piquionne, baye, illunga etc plus all the pile of shit other so called World Class McKay players hwo by all rights should be pissing the division if what is said is to be believed about their quality.
Saunders is not the man to take us back up when the inevitable happens, i personally think he will take us further down.

John Ryan, you love this club, if it wasnt for the money men who have now cashed in and pissed off  SOD would still be manager and we would have a chance at bouncing straight back, he was proven to do well in League 1 just look at the record.

this is where people are getting it all wrong Diouf, chimbonda, Piquionne, beye, illunga are here because quite simply put no one else wants them!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2012, 09:37:16 pm by Wellred »

In one breath you say SOD would still be here if the money men hadn't left. WRONG. They were still involved when he left.
Then you go on to say he would be able to get us straight back if he was still here. That assumes that he would have got us relegated!!
I think you need to make your mind up mate.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2012, 10:52:00 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

In one breath you say SOD would still be here if the money men hadn't left. WRONG. They were still involved when he left.
Then you go on to say he would be able to get us straight back if he was still here. That assumes that he would have got us relegated!!
I think you need to make your mind up mate.

SOD's "let's dig our way out of this hole" was to get the following on loan;

Reece Brown
Milan Lalkovic
Pie Man Parkin

Debate over. The man had lost the post.
He had to go.

Otherwise we'd have had another 30 odd games of 15 injured players, more dross on loan and an even more arrogant attitude.
Nice to see Hereford heading out of the FL too. Well done ROK.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2012, 10:56:40 pm by The L J Monk »
Otherwise we'd have had another 30 odd games of 15 injured players, more dross on loan and an even more arrogant attitude.

What's changed on that front?

Hereford's plight has next to nothing to do with ROK. Unlike Saunders he's not had time to turn things around there.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2012, 11:05:32 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

What's changed on that front?

Hereford's plight has next to nothing to do with ROK. Unlike Saunders he's not had time to turn things around there.

Not saying Saunders is the right/wrong man for the job, but the point on the injuries was that nothing was improving at that time.
Is it better now? Perhaps?
The problem is that we've got players with crap mental attitudes. That takes a long time to change, so if we can get rid, get rid.
Unfortunately some players (long term "cry-offs") like Martis and Woods still have another year.
The damage was already done. Too many cry-babies.

Too many signings of either players with dodgy fitness records and/or players that had played in constantly failing sides (so how could we ever improve the positivity of the squad?)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2012, 11:09:28 pm by The L J Monk »
For me O'Driscoll made two awful decisions.

1. The 3+ year deal for Martis
2. Making Gary Woods the number one.

Most of his other decisions I can live with, but these two stand out as particularly expensive on and off the pitch.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2012, 11:20:52 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
For me O'Driscoll made two awful decisions.

1. The 3+ year deal for Martis
2. Making Gary Woods the number one.

Most of his other decisions I can live with, but these two stand out as particularly expensive on and off the pitch.

100% agreement there chief.

I'm great with numbers, but even my brain will not allow me to consider when that 3 year deal for Martis began (and when it runs out!!!).

If he has children, they must be so disappointed with him...

Daddy, why aren't you playing this week?

Well kids, my brain tells me I've broken a finger nail, so now I'm scared to head the ball or challenge that brute of a centre forward :)

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2012, 11:35:55 pm by Chris »
If anyone follows members of our youth team on Twitter, you may have seen something today which would suggest that the answer to the OP's question is undoubtedly 'No'!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2012, 11:51:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sorry Dean. Fresh start needed. New players. New gaffer.

Expect better mate !

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 11, 2012, 01:10:12 am by Donnybax »
If anyone follows members of our youth team on Twitter, you may have seen something today which would suggest that the answer to the OP's question is undoubtedly 'No'!
what was said like?

pubteam

« Reply #25 on April 11, 2012, 01:26:01 am by pubteam »

No, I don't. So what did you see?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 11, 2012, 01:27:44 am by Chris »
what was said like?

Numerous people employed by Doncaster Rovers have serious reservations regarding numerous aspects of Dean Saunder's management. I'm not going to say more as the VSC will be in here threatening legal action but you only have to spend a few moments on various social networking sites to see what I'm talking about.

pubteam

« Reply #27 on April 11, 2012, 01:41:57 am by pubteam »
what was said like?

Numerous people employed by Doncaster Rovers have serious reservations regarding numerous aspects of Dean Saunder's management. I'm not going to say more as the VSC will be in here threatening legal action but you only have to spend a few moments on various social networking sites to see what I'm talking about.

I was actually being economical with the truth. I do know about this, and I'm pretty sure you didn't see who was involved and what was said.

And unless you've done any further digging on the matter, I'm pretty sure it involved one first team player and one member of the youth team, not 'numerous people employed by DRFC.'

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 11, 2012, 01:46:16 am by Akinfenwa »
The guy appears to have deleted whatever it was.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 11, 2012, 01:51:28 am by Chris »
what was said like?

I was actually being economical with the truth. I do know about this, and I'm pretty sure you didn't see who was involved and what was said.

And unless you've done any further digging on the matter, I'm pretty sure it involved one first team player and one member of the youth team, not 'numerous people employed by DRFC.'

Look on more pages than the one belonging to the youth team player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012