Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:45:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fed-up with football!  (Read 899 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Fed-up with football!
« on April 11, 2012, 12:46:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I lost any passion I had for football a while back. The match day experience used to be a special event starting from waking up in the morning, to pre-match drink, followed by a much anticipated game, and a post mortem afterwards. Watching a football match meant fulfilling a hunger that had built up since the last game you saw.

Now there is no hunger, football is on TV every day and has caused a situation where viewers are no longer stimulated, but are saturated by it. It is watched through habit.

Highlights of games possibly cause even more damage, resulting in full games being boring to such an extent that they often would be more enjoyable with the option of a fast forward button.

I personally find it hard to concentrate on live football now, and don’t pay great attention to detail, because half the time I expect to see an action replay whenever ow’t exciting happens!

Adding to that, another thing not doing the game any favours is the fact that it is one of the very few sports where the better team in the match often losers to a sucker punch, or worse, to bent or incompetent officials dictating results.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Fed-up with football!
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2012, 12:53:23 pm by The Red Baron »

Adding to that, another thing not doing the game any favours is the fact that it is one of the very few sports where the better team in the match often losers to a sucker punch, or worse, to bent or incompetent officials dictating results.

I thought that was supposed to be one of football's charms- OK, not the incompetent officials (maybe I'm naive but I don't think they're actually bent) but the fact that a lesser team can beat a superior one. How many shock results do you get in rugby (both codes) for instance?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012