Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:36:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bent referee`s Society  (Read 7684 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Bent referee`s Society
« on April 14, 2012, 05:28:37 pm by Filo »
I think we had the life president today!

first pen Beye did n`t touch him, second pen the ref had a cigar and a pint before awarding it, 3rd goal a foul all today long on Woods and how the ginner Kitson, got away without a card I`ll never know after putting Lockwood into row 3 of the east stand and then assaulting Coppinger

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Bent referee`s Society
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 05:30:16 pm by Superspy »
I felt it all coming at half time to be honest. Every slight little touch on a pompy player seemed to get a foul and we were getting nothing. But it all just sums up the last 2 seasons for us doesn't it? Dodgy ref, once again linesmen that can't make their own minds up, 2 penalties, a red card, and 2 goals from the 90th minute onwards....ah well, onwards and upwards.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 05:32:40 pm by Wellred »
He has to be the worst referee I have ever seen. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football ground ever again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2012, 05:33:29 pm by RedJ »
I felt it all coming at half time to be honest. Every slight little touch on a pompy player seemed to get a foul and we were getting nothing. But it all just sums up the last 2 seasons for us doesn't it? Dodgy ref, once again linesmen that can't make their own minds up, 2 penalties, a red card, and 2 goals from the 90th minute onwards....ah well, onwards and upwards.

hopefully upwards sooner rather than later - any time before 5 decades is up will suit me

as for the ref.. is "disgraceful" strong enough a word?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2012, 05:34:25 pm by Filo »
I really do hope Rovers complain to the referee assessor for that 45 minutes of totally corrupt refereeing, shocking!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2012, 06:00:40 pm by Donnybax »
Also the 3rd looked handball to me, if the red is sacked demoted or whatever, what favours Does that do us?

pubteam

« Reply #6 on April 14, 2012, 06:05:19 pm by pubteam »
Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Absolutely appaling.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2012, 06:17:15 pm by Dimples-D »
I have never complained about a ref on a forum before, but todays ref... Jeeezus.. I have to agree with what pubteam posted.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2012, 06:24:11 pm by Donnywolf »

... yes the Ref was appalling but good god what are his so called assistants doing (or supposed to be doing).

Locky gets assaulted by the ginger c with the Ref watching BUT not 2 yards from the incident the Lino is stood watching and what does he do .....eff all

Kitson then as you say chases Copps down and yanks his neck from behind right in front off the other Lino AND the effing 4th official (whats the point of them by the way) and both take no action whatsoever

I believe that the second Pen was handled twice but could be convinced I was wrong.

Kn.....ds of the highest order all 4 "officials" and Ladies and Gents we KNOW it only gets worse the lower you go in the Pyramid of life

pubteam

« Reply #9 on April 14, 2012, 06:32:58 pm by pubteam »
Just watched the goals back on SSN. Absolutely shocking decisions. First pen outside the box. Second pen very harsh - fired at Jimmy's arm from 2 yards away. Third goal, blatant handball by Kitson.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2012, 06:39:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shocking display really was.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2012, 06:41:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Knowing our luck he'll be demoted to League One .....next season

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2012, 06:52:48 pm by hoolahoop »
I think that's by far the worst set of officials we've had in many a year. I'll be seething about these t**ts until the start of next season, demotion was virtually a given but to have your head kicked in further by that referee was inexcusable.  :headbang:

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2012, 07:09:02 pm by bobbymax »
Without a shadow of a doubt, the most incompetent set of officials I have ever witnessed!
The referee must have got a good price on Pompey at half-time! Just seen the goals on Sky, first penalty wasn't even a foul and about three yards outside the area. Beye certainly wasn't the last man so it wasn't a red card anywhere. Second pen was fired at JOC from about 18 inches away - utterly ludicrous decision. Third was a foul on Woods, fourth was handball by the sub and a a foul by the ginger whinger on Hird. How on earth Kitson was still on the field after assaulting Copps only the linesman and fourth official can say.
But there again, we may as well have had two halves of a pantomime horse rather than the linesmen. The one in front of the west stand only made one decision all day and got that wrong when he flagged Hayter offside.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2012, 07:16:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
Saw the decision for the penalt against Beye... WTF?!? He was tripped outside the box and then jumped like he was running the grand national into the box and then went down like Tulisa on MC ULTRA!

I don't know his overall performance of course (though it sounds like a complete shocker) but was he worse than the referee at Southend away? Bald Southend player dived on ball with his hands around it like he was scoring a try and referee gave nothing... THAT was the worst decision i've ever seen live.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2012, 07:54:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Maradona's 'hand of god' goal looked quite subtle compared to Kitson's slam dunk.

It was quite revolting to see Kitson and the ref patting each other periodically as the game progressed.

After Kitson cuffed Copps on the back of the head the ref had the audacity to have a work with Copps as if it was his fault !! Right in front of the Linesman who did jack shit.

Mind you the same linesman that doesn't know you can't be offside from your own half. Well, had Hayter have gone one to score it would have put us 4-2 up and cheating 3 more goals out of us would have been a bit too obvious.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2012, 07:56:40 pm by Donnybax »
well how is this a pen?

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2012, 08:43:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just talking ta mate just rung his pompey supporting mate whos up for the game  and even he said the ref and linesmen were bent

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2012, 09:04:10 pm by The Red Baron »
I've just posted this on a refereeing forum. I have the feeling it will get deleted (even though it isn't abusive, but states facts) but I thought it worth preserving here for posterity:

I am a very angry man tonight. Not because my team has been relegated- to be honest we did well to last more than one season in the Championship. Financial reality caught up with us today, ironically against a team who despite their financial woes can still manage to pay at least one of their squad £30,000 a week.

No, I'm angry because I've seen the worst refereeing display in over 40 years of watching football. Mr Russell almost single-handedly robbed us of three deserved points. I won't go over all the incidents but he awarded one penalty for a "foul" which took place yards outside the area. Then another for handball when the ball was fired at a defender from a few feet away and then allowed a goal when the scorer both fouled the goalkeeper AND handled the ball.

I say "almost single-handedly" because he was aided and abetted by two incompetent assistants and a fourth official, two of whom ignored a bad off-the-ball foul (and a certain yellow card, if not a red) which took place in front of them. The other assistant could have seen quite clearly that the "offence" for the first penalty (I just thought it was a dive, and still do) took place well outside the box, but chose not to intervene.

The kindest thing I can say about Mr Russell is that he is an utter incompetent who should not be allowed to referee another game at this level, because the alternative is too awful to contemplate.

The standard of refereeing in this country is the worst I have seen in over 40 years- not just today, but throughout the season, and some of the so-called assistants are quite frankly not worthy of their match fees. The media focuses on the Premier League, and there have been some poor performances there, but if they looked lower down the leagues they would be amazed by what they saw. It's time the FA took some action and dealt with some of those officials who are not up to the job.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2012, 09:12:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Copy it to the fa

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2012, 09:14:42 pm by The Red Baron »
Sorry, but I'd be wasting my time. Although if JR does get hauled before the FA (and I haven't heard what he said) I'd be happy to contribute towards any fine he cops.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2012, 09:55:56 pm by WBDRFC »
Beye certainly wasn't the last man so it wasn't a red card anywhere.

The picture posted by Donnybax shows that he was the last man - there were no defenders between the Portsmouth player and Woods. Definitely not in the box, but, if it was a foul (and I'm not sure), the red card was correct.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2012, 10:06:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Funny thing is, after 20 odd minutes I commented that it was such a refreshing change to see an unbiased ref!

Then......Well....... If those officials didn't receive any financial gain for giving Portsmouth victory, they f**king well should have.

I really and truly am sick and tired of football at the moment.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2012, 10:16:30 pm by jonnydog »
I've just posted this on a refereeing forum. I have the feeling it will get deleted (even though it isn't abusive, but states facts) but I thought it worth preserving here for posterity:

I am a very angry man tonight. Not because my team has been relegated- to be honest we did well to last more than one season in the Championship. Financial reality caught up with us today, ironically against a team who despite their financial woes can still manage to pay at least one of their squad £30,000 a week.

No, I'm angry because I've seen the worst refereeing display in over 40 years of watching football. Mr Russell almost single-handedly robbed us of three deserved points. I won't go over all the incidents but he awarded one penalty for a "foul" which took place yards outside the area. Then another for handball when the ball was fired at a defender from a few feet away and then allowed a goal when the scorer both fouled the goalkeeper AND handled the ball.

I say "almost single-handedly" because he was aided and abetted by two incompetent assistants and a fourth official, two of whom ignored a bad off-the-ball foul (and a certain yellow card, if not a red) which took place in front of them. The other assistant could have seen quite clearly that the "offence" for the first penalty (I just thought it was a dive, and still do) took place well outside the box, but chose not to intervene.

The kindest thing I can say about Mr Russell is that he is an utter incompetent who should not be allowed to referee another game at this level, because the alternative is too awful to contemplate.

The standard of refereeing in this country is the worst I have seen in over 40 years- not just today, but throughout the season, and some of the so-called assistants are quite frankly not worthy of their match fees. The media focuses on the Premier League, and there have been some poor performances there, but if they looked lower down the leagues they would be amazed by what they saw. It's time the FA took some action and dealt with some of those officials who are not up to the job.

You'll have to keep us updated on any responses to that

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2012, 10:22:45 pm by Donnylass »
Even if we'd have won today the chances were that we were down because of others results, so i don't think the bad feeling towards the officials is just sour grapes. It hurts because he was just down right wrong and when our team were playing for their lives, they couldn't even have the dignity of going out with a bang and showing what they are really made of.

I hope they are allowed to play the next three games with officials that are fair.

:rtid:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 15, 2012, 12:04:46 am by Donnybax »
none of the goals should have counted

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2012, 01:33:11 am by Filo »
Just got in from work and I`m still fuming over those decisions, my lad Sky+ the football league show for me and told me not to watch the highlights, he said I`d blow my top at those decisions, he was right! that set of officials should never be allowed near a football pitch again, if that had happened in the premiership there would be an investigation into corruption!

tufcref

« Reply #27 on April 15, 2012, 06:15:45 am by tufcref »
As a Torquay United fan and a referee, I have to say, I'm laughing at all of you. If you honestly think he'll get sacked, you're having a laugh. Do you honestly think that the FA will sack a referee after one bad performance? I would put my house on him refereeing again before the end of the season, and I think he'll probably be straight back into Football League duties next weekend! Get a grip!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2012, 06:54:28 am by Mr1Croft »
Just got in from work and I`m still fuming over those decisions, my lad Sky+ the football league show for me and told me not to watch the highlights, he said I`d blow my top at those decisions, he was right! that set of officials should never be allowed near a football pitch again, if that had happened in the premiership there would be an investigation into corruption!

I'll try not to wake you then as I'm turning my car around front of your house this morning. You sound on the edge  ;)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2012, 09:07:21 am by bobbymax »
Having viewed the Pompey goals several times now, I still can't actually believe Mr Russell's performance. Congratulations are in order, he's surpassed our Conference nemesis Mr Singh and out-Kettled Trevor Kettle in just 45 minutes. Of course, there could be several factors.

• He is registered as a blind person. This would explain much as I sit in the south-east corner and left my glasses in the car yesterday but still managed to spot that Beye's 'foul' was outside the area, Kitson volleyballed in the the third goal and then wrestled Sam Hird to the floor ahead of the fourth. This theory falls down, however, in the fact that someone so visually impaired would have been obliged to have Goldie the labrador trotting alongside and a white stick. Neither does it explain the linesman's obvious misunderstanding of the offside rule or the fourth official's inability to see Kitson's two-fisted assault on Copps from 10 yards away. Mr Russell also managed to spot JOC's handball when not a single Pompey player appealed and the rest of the crowd were left wondering 'What was that for?'
He believes Mr Kitson is his love child. Those of you old enough to remember 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum' will recall a similar relationship between the bullying sergeant-major and one of his men, whom he believed to be his long-lost son. Of course, the absence of any ginger on Mr Russell's person let's down this theory but he was believed to have been smuggled back onto the Portsmouth team bus under a padded coat bearing the initials DK.
  • He'd had a bet. Got on his mobile at half time to have a punt on the National and noticed that Pompey were a massive price to win. This is the most likely scenario, though don't bookmakers notice any unusual betting patterns.
He had been paid by Portsmouth to prolong their Championship status. Unlikely, the team don't have two ha'penny's to rub together due to the fact they are playing some pretty awful players vast fortunes every week, and have been doing so for years.
Of course, it could be that he was just utterly incompetent and shouldn't be trusted to referee an under-10s game on a Sunday morning let alone a game in the Football League. But the match assessor probably gave him 9/10 and recommended he be promoted to the Premier League. There again, at least we wouldn't have to suffer his eccentricities again. As for Mr Kitson, he'll be looking for a new club next season to maintain his lifestyle no doubt. I've passed on a tape to Harlequins, as he may well be the answer to their line-out problems and his own brand of thuggery would go down well in rugby union.[/list]

TinyPortal © 2005-2012