Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 06:43:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: OneCall Insurance  (Read 1155 times)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
OneCall Insurance
« on April 27, 2012, 10:16:17 pm by Donnylass »
I have my car insurance through One Call and I will have to change my use to include business. I was watching Watchdog the other night and the lady on there said she was charged £55 by them just to change her address. Has anyone else had to change any details and were they charged?

My colleges who've had to also do this through other insurance companies haven't been charged or it's been minimal and one was even owed 1p, by hers.

I'm not looking forward to the call.  :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: OneCall Insurance
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2012, 10:55:29 pm by RobTheRover »
I guess it will depend who you are actually insured with.  One Call are just a broker.  Some insurance companies dont load the policy for including a little business cover.

The address change costing £55 might actually have been down to moving to an area where car crime was more prevalent and that was the premium increase, and not a fee as such.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2012, 11:51:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Changed my car and they charged £55 seems like a standard ripoff by them  £55 is not reasonable

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2012, 10:08:48 am by mjdgreg »
Is it worth insuring your car in the first place? Seems people who don't, just get a small fine and a few points on their licence, if they've got one (and that's if they get caught).

There was an example on TV the other night where a 16 year old 'borrowed' his mum and dads car. He obviously hadn't passed his test, couldn't drive properly (he was all over the road like he'd drunk 20 pints) and guess what, he got a caution and a £150 fine.

What a joke.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012