Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:05:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepmoat Pitch  (Read 5291 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
Keepmoat Pitch
« on May 04, 2012, 11:35:26 am by weststander »
Does anyone (Andy Thompson?) know if there is any major maintenance work planned for the the pitch this summer? I seem to remember some opposition managers making comments about it being bumpy (eg Poyet) and difficult to play on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Keepmoat Pitch
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2012, 12:08:14 pm by jonnydog »
POYET....

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2012, 10:22:26 pm by Andy Thompson »
Does anyone (Andy Thompson?) know if there is any major maintenance work planned for the the pitch this summer? I seem to remember some opposition managers making comments about it being bumpy (eg Poyet) and difficult to play on.

Yes works commences after the rugby game on Sunday! All the organic material (approx 150 tonnes) will be removed to expose the synthetic fibres, then 60 tonnes of sand will be spread, sown with new seed, fed, spiked and watered..all in time for the rugby to play next Sunday.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2012, 10:50:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Yes works commences after the rugby game on Sunday! All the organic material (approx 150 tonnes) will be removed to expose the synthetic fibres, then 60 tonnes of sand will be spread, sown with new seed, fed, spiked and watered..all in time for the rugby to play next Sunday.

Can't you rip the whole lot up forget about the sand and plant some grass, oh and ban Rugby  ;)

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 05, 2012, 09:24:18 am by Andy Thompson »

Can't you rip the whole lot up forget about the sand and plant some grass, oh and ban Rugby  ;)

No and No ;-)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2012, 08:13:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Any chance of laying a bed of ash under it, Andy?  ;)

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2012, 04:19:37 pm by weststander »
Anyone know how the pitch is coming along?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2012, 04:28:31 pm by donnyroversfc »
Anyone know how the pitch is coming along?

Last monday i was laid on that little hill next to the KM, sunbathing  :silly:

Caught glimpses of the pitch, it looked in pretty good nick. It was green, which is always a plus point for grass!

It did look well though, it'll be like a snooker cloth by time we get to the first pre-season friendly.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #8 on June 02, 2012, 06:18:09 pm by GM-MarkB »
I was down there talking to Andy on Thursday. Had a little look at it, coming on nicely

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 02, 2012, 07:46:32 pm by Andy Thompson »
Pitch has had 3 cuts with the small 21" mowers and will be cut everyday from now on!

Was seeded 24 days ago and still has some tillering and thickening up to do, next game isn't until the 23rd June.

But we are in a better place health wise than we were at this time last year and we have no concert to worry about.

A lot of hard work to do though, but the renovation this year has been the best we have had done since we have been at the KMS.

i dont want it to peak to early though and want the pitch to start doing a little work of its own and start to look for its own nutrients thus making it stronger.

If anyone is bored any day and wants to have a look at the pitch and talk about how its maintained etc then just give me a shout and i will duly oblige and spend sometime with anyone that is interested, obviously when i am not busy, i am around 7 days a week so feel free to get in touch.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on June 02, 2012, 07:50:28 pm by GM-MarkB »
If you do go down to chat to him, don't let him lure you into his 'office' for a cuppa.......shudder  ;)

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 02, 2012, 07:52:59 pm by Andy Thompson »
If you do go down to chat to him, don't let him lure you into his 'office' for a cuppa.......shudder  ;)

pftt once you turn up and smell the biscuits and hear the click of the kettle i can never get shut of you!! :-)

GM-MarkB

« Reply #12 on June 02, 2012, 08:54:25 pm by GM-MarkB »

pftt once you turn up and smell the biscuits and hear the click of the kettle i can never get shut of you!! :-)

Thats a lie....you've never got any biscuits lol

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2012, 09:25:01 pm by TheRev »
Having a lad who works at Headingley on the Groundstaff I do know how hard these guys work.
Keep up the good work Andy. You and your team do a great job.

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2012, 10:17:06 pm by Andy Thompson »
Having a lad who works at Headingley on the Groundstaff I do know how hard these guys work.
Keep up the good work Andy. You and your team do a great job.

Your lads not called Adam by any chance is he?

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2012, 10:17:52 pm by Andy Thompson »

Thats a lie....you've never got any biscuits lol

thats because we had chance to hide them whilst we waited 25 mins for you to stop chatting outside my gates

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 03, 2012, 10:54:47 am by TheRev »
Yes he is Andy.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 03, 2012, 11:27:18 am by Red wizard »
Pitch has had 3 cuts with the small 21" mowers and will be cut everyday from now on!

Was seeded 24 days ago and still has some tillering and thickening up to do, next game isn't until the 23rd June.

But we are in a better place health wise than we were at this time last year and we have no concert to worry about.

A lot of hard work to do though, but the renovation this year has been the best we have had done since we have been at the KMS.

i dont want it to peak to early though and want the pitch to start doing a little work of its own and start to look for its own nutrients thus making it stronger.

If anyone is bored any day and wants to have a look at the pitch and talk about how its maintained etc then just give me a shout and i will duly oblige and spend sometime with anyone that is interested, obviously when i am not busy, i am around 7 days a week so feel free to get in touch.
I might just take you up on the offer Andy if i get chance.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 03, 2012, 11:57:28 am by weststander »

Thanks a bunch Andy for the detailed feedback and well done to you and your team for your efforts. Let's hope the football next season lives up to the surface.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012