Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:38:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The list  (Read 12646 times)

Buzzberry

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: The list
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2012, 03:59:44 pm by Red wizard »
Can't belive we are letting Baxo go. FFS. What are the players highlighted in red?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:02:38 pm by Red wizard »

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 18, 2012, 04:00:34 pm by Andy Thompson »
Can't belive we are letting Baxo go. FFS

"Discussions are ongoing with some of the released players. "

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2012, 04:01:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Gillett and Hird. :(

Also looks like Beye is here next season.

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2012, 04:01:15 pm by A9 »
Well that tells us nothing! Just a list of the out of contract players listed as "released" but it says we are still in discussions with some of them. So, none the wiser!

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2012, 04:02:27 pm by DonSkippy »
Hmm not sure what Stocky, Sully and Martin Woods will contribute next season but the rest look like strong.

Of the release list i'd have liked to have kept Mussy and Robert but nevermind...

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2012, 04:03:32 pm by stokerover »
Well that tells us nothing! Just a list of the out of contract players listed as "released" but it says we are still in discussions with some of them. So, none the wiser!

Exactly this! Why has this announcement been hyped up so much? Or is it people just getting excited on Twitter?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2012, 04:06:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Didn't expect Beye to stay, and didn't expect Gillett to go, but aside from that no real surprises. Be interesting to see if any of the re-signed players get brought back in though, I'd like to see Robert, Gillett and Oster signed up if the money is there. We desperately need a GK and a striker now, number one priority!

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2012, 04:06:08 pm by stokerover »
What would have been interesting would have been a statement from Saunders saying which of the released players he is considering resigning and which of the retained players he thinks are likely to move on...but obviously that isn't going to happen so we will just have to wait and see.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2012, 04:08:19 pm by MachoMadness »
What would have been interesting would have been a statement from Saunders saying which of the released players he is considering resigning and which of the retained players he thinks are likely to move on...but obviously that isn't going to happen so we will just have to wait and see.
He's already said he wants to sign Keegan and Robert, so maybe it's safe to assume the rest are gone. There aren't any real shocks on there for me anyway apart from Gillett.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2012, 04:12:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Paul Goodwin ‏@paulgoodwinDFP

The list is for administrative purposes only. I'm not certain we've seen the last of Gillett, Hird, Oster, Keegan, Dumbuya, Robert at #drfc.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2012, 04:12:28 pm by DonnyNoel »
He's already said he wants to sign Keegan and Robert, so maybe it's safe to assume the rest are gone. There aren't any real shocks on there for me anyway apart from Gillett.

And we also won't know at this stage which players "released" have actually chosen to leave. For all we know DS may have offered deals to some of those players but they fancy trying to get a deal in the Championship.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2012, 04:12:46 pm by bedale rover »
It is just a restatement of what we already know ie
we keep the ones with contracts we release the ones who are out of contract subject to them accepting any last minute off from us

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 18, 2012, 04:14:01 pm by DonSkippy »
Paul Goodwin ‏@paulgoodwinDFP

The list is for administrative purposes only. I'm not certain we've seen the last of Gillett, Hird, Oster, Keegan, Dumbuya, Robert at #drfc.

The exact names i'd have hoped to keep, maybe minus Oster

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 18, 2012, 04:14:13 pm by stokerover »
Hayter deseves to be released on his performances last  and Gillet not good enough.

Many many will disagree with this but trust me the right decision

Eh...?! Whilst technically they've all been released, half will most likely end up re-signing...

So no 'decision' has even been made

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 18, 2012, 04:14:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Big clue in the title of the list, you know the retained bit....

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 18, 2012, 04:15:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Maybe I am missing something but I see it something like this:

The first 13 are the contracted players - we knew that

5 youth payers have some sort of offer (good)

Barnes and Radford have gone and no discussions ongoing

The 12 released - any of them might be in discussions

The ones not mentioned at all are definitely going - i.e. Chimbonda, Diouf, Diatta, Bamogo, Bagayoko and McMahon

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 18, 2012, 04:16:05 pm by RedArmy »
wow.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 18, 2012, 04:18:32 pm by keyser_soze »
I don't know how anyone can be surprised at the list (apart from Beye perhaps), its just a list of who is under contract and who isn't. I expect some from the released list to be here next season, and some from the retained list to move elsewhere.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2012, 04:19:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Isn't Diouf still under contract with us? Thought we had him for 18 months? I don't expect him to stay at all but do we get a fee or is he just gone now?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2012, 04:24:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Isn't Diouf still under contract with us? Thought we had him for 18 months? I don't expect him to stay at all but do we get a fee or is he just gone now?

It was same as Beye, 6 month with an option of a further year. Beye's staying for the year and Diouf's going. McKay was giving us a percentage of any of his players agent fee's so we should get a few quid for that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2012, 04:24:40 pm by RoversAlias »
The only thing we've definitely got from that is that Barnes and Radford have already left.

Really irritating, no other team has released the list but basically said "but we're still none the wiser". Useless.

Apparently Dean has been on SSN or something today and name-dropped Gillett, Lockwood and Dumbuya as players he's talking to. I don't know, just wish we knew for sure sometime soon, every other team in the country does.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2012, 04:26:55 pm by Red wizard »
I don't know how anyone can be surprised at the list (apart from Beye perhaps), its just a list of who is under contract and who isn't. I expect some from the released list to be here next season, and some from the retained list to move elsewhere.
Always though Beye would stay. He is 34 and said he would retire if Villa didn't let him join us. He won't be in need of money so will just want to play.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 18, 2012, 04:29:48 pm by rtid88 »
Why have we made it public knowledge who has been released before we have too? Surely these players are still under contract for another 2 weeks yet.

We could potentially just been left with the following:

Kyle Bennett
James Husband
Gary Woods
Chris Brown
Shelton Martis
Neil Sullivan
Brian Stock
Jordan Ball
Jonathan Maxted
Andrew McCormick
Patrick Mullen
Liam Wakefield

If Beye, Copps, Friend, O'Connor, Spurr & Woods go which I would fully expect them too!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 18, 2012, 04:31:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I thought we had to state the current position by tomorrow?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 18, 2012, 04:32:41 pm by RoversAlias »
Actually, we legally have to do it by now, there is a deadline for telling the players in writing the intention whether or not the club wants them to stay or not, and then we have to go public with it. Nearly every team in the football league has announced their released list by now.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 18, 2012, 04:32:46 pm by The L J Monk »
Can't belive we are letting Baxo go. FFS.

Why? He couldn't even get a game at Hereford.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 18, 2012, 04:33:01 pm by Standanista »
I thought there was a release clause, for relegation?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 18, 2012, 04:33:18 pm by MachoMadness »

It was same as Beye, 6 month with an option of a further year. Beye's staying for the year and Diouf's going. McKay was giving us a percentage of any of his players agent fee's so we should get a few quid for that.

Surprised Beye is staying, it's a good sign that he actually wants to play for us. I've no doubts he could get a move elsewhere if he really wanted.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 18, 2012, 04:34:07 pm by MachoMadness »
I thought there was a release clause, for relegation?

I don't have a flippin' clue tbh. Which, you coould argue, is the whole problem with the experiment in a nutshell.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012