Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:34:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The list  (Read 12645 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: The list
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2012, 04:34:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Saunders confirmed at the end of April that Diouf was leaving, and that he had a release clause if we went down. He's long gone thankfully.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2012, 04:41:28 pm by Red wizard »
Why have we made it public knowledge who has been released before we have too? Surely these players are still under contract for another 2 weeks yet.

We could potentially just been left with the following:

Kyle Bennett
James Husband
Gary Woods
Chris Brown
Shelton Martis
Neil Sullivan
Brian Stock
Jordan Ball
Jonathan Maxted
Andrew McCormick
Patrick Mullen
Liam Wakefield

If Beye, Copps, Friend, O'Connor, Spurr & Woods go which I would fully expect them too!
And just who do you think is going to buy Woods and pay him more than he is on here?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:44:11 pm by Red wizard »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2012, 04:43:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Isn't Andrew McCormick not called Jake McCormick?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2012, 04:50:58 pm by RedJ »
Isn't Andrew McCormick not called Jake McCormick?

think I read it was a nickname or something, cos in the article where they gave their thoughts about getting the pro offer, it said Andrew *middle name* "Jake" McCormick (IIRC)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 18, 2012, 05:05:57 pm by RoversAlias »
Yeah Jake's the name he uses, but his first name is Andrew.

Not unlike our long-serving centre back Adrian 'Sam' Hird.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 18, 2012, 05:11:35 pm by Drover »
Regards the released players,I think its likely,the ones Suanders would like to keep will have been asked to stay
with a lower wage.Hence most of them will wait now and see if any offers from other clubs come in with better wages,if not then may resign with us on lower wages due to relegation.Some like Hird,I would think will get better offers and may dean and sam may have already resigned to leaving.I would like Gillet,keegan,Robert and Hird to stay.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 18, 2012, 05:13:33 pm by Drover »
Can't belive we are letting Baxo go. FFS. What are the players highlighted in red?

Think it's just because they have a link to their profiles on DROS.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 18, 2012, 05:14:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
After reading the list on the official site my thoughts are... Our club is Amateur at best.

Massively tinpot!!

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 18, 2012, 05:54:28 pm by Capmeister »
Marvellous. DS retains the oak that is Beye. That's worth at least 10 goals to the opposition

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 18, 2012, 05:59:35 pm by mushRTID »
It will be a sad day if Sam Hird leaves this club. I thought he could be here for years and years.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 18, 2012, 06:07:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We need to stop offering him just a one year contract and realise he's one of our best defenders and give him a year deal.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 18, 2012, 06:08:31 pm by donnyroversfc »
We need to stop offering him just a one year contract and realise he's one of our best defenders and give him a year deal.

Yep, that would work!  :lol:  :P

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 18, 2012, 06:10:11 pm by RoversAlias »

I hope you missed a word out there!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 18, 2012, 06:30:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Shit! I meant five year deal!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 18, 2012, 06:56:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
Personally, I'd like to see Gillett, Hird, Oster, Keegan, Dumbuya, Robert and Baxendale stay.  Hayter too actually.  Would be strong in L1.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 18, 2012, 07:18:56 pm by The Beast »
I for one will be very pleased if Beye's with us next season. Can't understand why people think he's useless and Sam Hird is sone kind of world beater.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 18, 2012, 07:22:05 pm by mushRTID »
I like them both, Beye and Hird could boss league 1. Genuinely belive our shit midfield was a major reason we went down. Beye and Hird, good midfield in front of them were laughing.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 18, 2012, 07:30:45 pm by Spankster »
Personally, I'd like to see Gillett, Hird, Oster, Keegan, Dumbuya, Robert and Baxendale stay.  Hayter too actually.  Would be strong in L1.

Totally agree with that, apart from the obvious he was the one I am most exited about, the experience will keep more goals out than his mistakes let in, top defender, you can't question his commitment even if he does make a few mistakes, king of the last minute challenge

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 18, 2012, 07:31:46 pm by Spankster »

Totally agree with that, apart from the obvious he was the one I am most exited about, the experience will keep more goals out than his mistakes let in, top defender, you can't question his commitment even if he does make a few mistakes, king of the last minute challenge

Beye i meant

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 18, 2012, 10:02:48 pm by ravenrover »
It will be a sad day if Sam Hird leaves this club. I thought he could be here for years and years.
We might not have seen the last of Sam yet  ;)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 18, 2012, 11:50:39 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I for one will be very pleased if Beye's with us next season. Can't understand why people think he's useless and Sam Hird is sone kind of world beater.

Cos Beye was brought under the experiment, no other reason what so ever!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 18, 2012, 11:51:58 pm by RoversAlias »
There is also the fact that he made several big errors that cost us goals and you could argue games, Norfolk. I personally think he could be a very solid player for us in League One, but it is unfair to say people are criticising him purely for being a product of the 'experiment'.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 18, 2012, 11:54:23 pm by Viking Don »
I hope Sam stays, someone who knows what it's like to fight for his local team.

Also, hope someone comes in for sickboy Martis, great on his (one) day and we keep Lockwood instead of him. Another one willing to break down walls for the cause and good enough for League1. Martis will be on the dead bed all season again so get rid asap.

Bit surprised by Bax's release, are the youngsters really better than him? Great times ahead if so!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 18, 2012, 11:58:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think Baxendale and Radford were on single year deals and they automatically got released as we cannot offer contracts to anyone out of contract until be can get budget (currently 2million in the red) somewhere towards balance. They may or may not get contracts. The fact they are on released list is not conclusive.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 19, 2012, 12:17:08 am by Viking Don »
While it's closed season and we can slag players off, I think we need two new keepers. I do seriously think that Woods contributed to SoD's demise, his keeping was just awful at the start of last season, and it really didn't looked to have improved at the end either. I know it's easy to critisise keepers but really how many chances do you get, it's a tough job, probably the toughest in terms of blame, but we really need a commanding keeper as a major priority, I wasn't the only the only one saying exactly this same time last year.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 19, 2012, 12:19:47 am by Chris Black come back »
Agree on the keeper front. Think two front line keepers a bit greedy given our minute budget. We need one credible keeper and then Maxted as back up.

No way should we be entrusting our defence to Martis and Beye. Both absolute liabilities. Together responsible for circa 10-15 goals each season. Each.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 19, 2012, 12:20:29 am by pigeonhole »
To the people who think Lockwood & Gillett are 'good'.

I'm pretty sure you're the same people who thought the club was mental to let Wilson go... warm Oxford's bench.

Absolutely clueless. If we retain those on the retained list and release those on the released list I'd be happy...with the exception of G woods who never has been and never will be a goalkeeper as long as I live.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 19, 2012, 12:24:07 am by Norfolk N Chance »
To the people who think Lockwood & Gillett are 'good'.

I'm pretty sure you're the same people who thought the club was mental to let Wilson go... warm Oxford's bench.

Absolutely clueless. If we retain those on the retained list and release those on the released list I'd be happy...with the exception of G woods who never has been and never will be a goalkeeper as long as I live.

agree with this 100%

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 19, 2012, 12:29:10 am by Viking Don »
Yeah boys, and we'd also have the smallest squad in the entire league.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 19, 2012, 12:59:44 am by Mr1Croft »
I've always thought that Gillett was a decent player,but to be honest our midfield has been bullied for years maybe we need a little bit of size plus ability in there,we've badly needed a good ball winner for a fair few years,once we lose the ball we can't get it back,that then makes the defence and goalkeeper take a lot of pressure
Having said that Lockwood i wouldn't keep,it's not lack of effort with him,he just isn't good enough,George Friend also for me is massively over rated,when he's under any type of pressure he panics
Gary Woods for me is ideal as a number two or even three maybe he needs a good loan period at a lower league team just to get his confidence,like them or not Man utd don't make many mistakes when they are signing players he must have ability or he wouldn't have been there in the first place!!

I agree with some of that but I do have differing opinions on certain aspects:

Lockwood was one of our best players when we were in League One last time, granted he spent more time in attack than defence but he did score 5 and captained us for most of the season and I think he has a lot to give at this level for one more season at least.

We need to be aiming to be a Championship Club for all intensive purposes, and therefore Gary Woods needs to gain more experience to be our number one at that level, and that is why I would make him our number one next season, give him a full season in League One and if he still doesn't improve then we can stop wasting our time and money with him and get rid this time in a year.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012