Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 08:04:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Millers Stadium  (Read 12534 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Millers Stadium
« on May 25, 2012, 05:03:08 pm by albie »
Latest pics show progress, but with 8 weeks before our friendly there, they still need to crack on;
http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edb4/nys__pukkamatt_23rd_may_745298/index.shtml

What happens if they dont have the safety certificate in time? Back to the Keepmoat!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
Re: Millers Stadium
« Reply #1 on May 28, 2012, 03:27:13 pm by Jim Dobbin »
That looks a cracking stadium, a bit more character than a normal bowl stadium with the sloping roofs and bigger main stand. Isn't the ground only partly open for games against Rovers & Barnsley?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 28, 2012, 04:12:25 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Those floodlights look angled the wrong way.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2012, 04:17:58 pm by rover-n-out »
Those floodlights look angled the wrong way.

They look a bit low as well Stu. :ohmy:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2012, 04:43:01 pm by RoversAlias »
The roof looks stupid, seems like they've made it like that for the sake of looking a bit different. It looks daft.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2012, 04:51:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The seating looks like it'll be facing the wrong way also.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2012, 04:52:51 pm by ctay »
Shall I be the first to ask.... Can the capacity be made bigger for when they reach the Prem?????????????????????????????

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2012, 05:00:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Shall I be the first to ask.... Can the capacity be made bigger for when they reach the Prem?????????????????????????????

By eck, how many years do you think modern buildings last?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2012, 05:26:00 pm by The L J Monk »
Y

It's all down to The Pins.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 28, 2012, 05:28:38 pm by Katesby »
A lot better than the Keepmoat

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2012, 06:28:42 pm by glosterred »
The grass is looking a bit on the brown side - could do with a drop of water!

:scarf:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2012, 06:36:43 pm by donnyroversfc »
Looks ok.

100x (atleast) better than our stadium.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2012, 07:04:00 pm by eastender »

It will open with a 12,000 seat capacity   but Future expansion of the stadium has been allowed for in the design by the addition of a further 3844 seats including 100 disabled to both the North and South stands, making it slightly larger than the Keepmoat.

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/NewStadium/0,,10360~2301397,00.html

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 28, 2012, 07:11:44 pm by Drover »
I cannot understand all the negativity alot of our fans give the Keepmoat.Glosterred,I don't know about Brown,More like "The grass is greener on the other side" ;).I for one would never swap the KM for Rotherhams new ground.it's like the KM but shrunk on three sides,and that makes it fairly ugly looking.Chesterfields is alot better than rotherhams on looks,but still not as good as ours.I also think the novelty of a new ground and design may influence first impressions,Give it a few years and compare the new stadiums then.Give me the Keepmoat before Any other stadium below 20,000 in the football league anyday.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:58:20 pm by Drover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 28, 2012, 08:40:35 pm by normal rules »
read on millers site that they will allow 50 % capacity for the barnsley match and then 75% for the rovers game. this is all part of them getting the safety certificate.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 28, 2012, 09:02:02 pm by Wellred »
Looks ok.

Would you like to explain why it is better than the Keepmoat as I'm afraid I cannot see any reasons as to why it is better?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 28, 2012, 09:08:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Looks ok.

Would you like to explain why it is better than the Keepmoat as I'm afraid I cannot see any reasons as to why it is better?

Looks nicer to me, the roof is quite nice on the eye.

In my mind, my house is 100x better than the keepmoat stadium too... I just genuinly hate the stadium.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 28, 2012, 09:10:17 pm by Wellred »
Looks ok.

In my mind, my house is 100x better than the keepmoat stadium too... I just genuinly hate the stadium.

Aww it's got a nice roof roflmao.
Are the seats pretty too?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 28, 2012, 09:14:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
Looks ok.

Aww it's got a nice roof roflmao.
Are the seats pretty too?

Tbh i'm not that keen on the seats, they lack in the glitter department. I've heard the scoreboard that will be erected in the stadium is going to be something pretty special! Made me moist with anticipation when i heard that!

HURRY UP AND BRING ON THE FRIENDLY!!! CAN'T WAITYY!!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 28, 2012, 09:57:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Another stadium ruined by the health and safety fanatics addicted to seats only. Welcome to zero atmosphere and high prices.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 28, 2012, 10:58:41 pm by coventryrover »
looks alright to me...good luck to em

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 28, 2012, 11:12:00 pm by hoolahoop »
looks alright to me...good luck to em

It does look alright except it's in Rovrum!! Btw there is nowt wrong with OUR stadium, why do we always feel it's incumbent on us to slag out team off, our town, our stadium and above all ourselves...........is it a form of Rovers 'self-harming' and can it be treated ?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 28, 2012, 11:20:52 pm by RoversAlias »
Another stadium ruined by the health and safety fanatics addicted to seats only. Welcome to zero atmosphere and high prices.

Yeah, those damn and blasted health and safety fanatics! The horrible bunch, why do they want to prevent more stadiums burning down, or people being crushed to death? These trivial matters should be sacrificed so we can all have a good sing-song!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 28, 2012, 11:33:03 pm by hoolahoop »

Yeah, those damn and blasted health and safety fanatics! The horrible bunch, why do they want to prevent more stadiums burning down, or people being crushed to death? These trivial matters should be sacrificed so we can all have a good sing-song!

Simply because seats and sterile atmospheres don't always = safety. A common sense approach from all parties and we have safety stands or terraces alike.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 29, 2012, 01:56:23 am by RoversAlias »
That assumes a lot of peoples ability to use common sense though, and in my experience a good many people, especially in this country, possess very little common sense.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 29, 2012, 06:24:53 am by Standanista »
I think they've kept the stand opposite the main stand deliberately low so that you get a view of the housing estates, pylons and overgrown hawthorn bushes on the wasteground at the back.  Makes Rotherham appear more sophisticated than it actually is.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 29, 2012, 07:04:28 am by Chris Black come back »

We were at Belle Vue for roughly 80 years. This had for almost the entire duration of our tenure a mix of seats and standing. There was to my knowledge not a single incident when anyone was burnt or crushed to death. If it was safe for 80 years (including for 17 seasons following April 1989) then why did it immediately become unsafe following our move to the Keepmoat?

There needs to be sensible analysis of the risks involved and where risks are identified appropriate measures put in place. Any analysis taken on this basis does not conclude that all-seater stadiums are the only answer. A mix of both seats and standing (for those who want to stand) is a moderate and sensible conclusion.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 29, 2012, 09:20:45 am by ctay »
It is a funny one with the Keepmoat, our fans dont tend to like it. Yet I was with a number of Huddersfield, Leeds and Barnsley fans and they all think it is a good stadium, good size etc.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 29, 2012, 10:04:43 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I like it, but I only like it when the football on show is good.  I expect that forms a big part of it.  When the football's half decent the crowd can make a hell of a noise in there and it can be a great place to watch football (think games like Crewe in the JPT, Southampton this season, Palace last season)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 29, 2012, 10:44:40 am by The L J Monk »

Bradford was caused by a discarded cigarette igniting rubbish which had accumulated beneath an antiquated wooden stand that the club could not afford to replace.

Hillsborough was caused by the failure of police control.

Neither incident was caused by the existence of terracing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012