Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:26:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Panarama  (Read 12328 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Panarama
« Reply #30 on May 31, 2012, 12:47:10 pm by DearneValleyRover »
When I stated sensationalised it was in no means intended to detract from the fact that the incidents took place. My comments were based on the timing and Sol Campbell's comments.
The fact of the matter is that neither country should have been awarded the tournement because of the obvious highlighted problems but they have. The police/security forces will have been read the riot act by their governments in order to ensure everything goes off peacefully as the eyes of the world will be watching. I'm sure just as in England the individuals responsible for organising the violence and hate campains are known and will have been spoken to. After the tournement I'm sure it will be business as usual and once again a blind eye will be turned.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 08, 2012, 11:28:31 am by drfcsteve »
Well well well, the tournement hasn't even started and the Dutch have already been subjected to racist abuse while training.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 08, 2012, 11:31:53 am by donnyroversfc »
Well well well, the tournement hasn't even started and the Dutch have already been subjected to racist abuse while training.

Dutch FA have not made any complaints of racism... Move on!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 08, 2012, 02:31:15 pm by Chris »

But UEFA have confirmed that racist chanting did take place. It really is worrying that this can happen at a training session before the tournament has kicked off.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 08, 2012, 02:59:46 pm by donnyroversfc »

But UEFA have confirmed that racist chanting did take place. It really is worrying that this can happen at a training session before the tournament has kicked off.

Yeah at the time Uefa were saying it was protests against the actual competition and Wisla fans not wanting Holland training on their pitch... Plus no Dutch FA complaint.

Uefa have now confirmed it though and yes, it is disgusting. 500 or so chanting apparently.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 08, 2012, 06:50:48 pm by drfcsteve »

Oh right! Sorry! That means it didn't happen then and everything's ok!

jucyberry

• VSC Member

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 28, 2012, 07:15:33 pm by Dimples-D »
Well all the scaremongering turned out to be just that. What a suprise...

Don't go to Brazil in 2 years time for the World Cup, what with all the favelas and drug gangs, murders and muggings.. Just getting it in a few years before Panorama do.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 28, 2012, 07:24:25 pm by silent majority »
Yes, just that scaremongering. We had a fantastic time and the Ukrainian people couldn't have been kinder, more helpful and all round great fun!

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 28, 2012, 08:53:26 pm by PDS »
Likewise, we had a great time and good to see you in Kiev SM. Already got flights booked for Berne, Warsaw and Stockholm so will no doubt cross paths again soon!

Also notice the famous Sol Campbell coffin has found it's way on to ebay for charity. Unused.

People really should learn to challenge what they see in the media a little more. There's always 3 sides to every story. your side, my side and the truth. But don't let stand in the way of some good scaremongering.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 29, 2012, 12:01:53 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep of course and all those scenes in Stuttgart in 2006 were just pockets of one or two trouble makers were they ?
Don't make me laugh, it's time our people/nation grew up, the next time it's in based in a more familiar W.European country get ready for the mayhem. When I see youngsters screaming in fear, young lasses being harrassed, women having steins of beer poured over their heads, young N.Africans attacked because they look like Turks etc...............it makes me sick to my stomach.
It's not the scraps we had as youngsters with Rovrum, SKitsons etc...........they happen ; it's this sinister anyone regardless of age, colour , sex can be a target ''thing'' that really puts us bellow animals at times.

Sorry I can NEVER defend that behaviour and neither should anyone else.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 29, 2012, 12:50:09 pm by Dimples-D »
Yep of course and all those scenes in Stuttgart in 2006 were just pockets of one or two trouble makers were they ?
Don't make me laugh, it's time our people/nation grew up, the next time it's in based in a more familiar W.European country get ready for the mayhem. When I see youngsters screaming in fear, young lasses being harrassed, women having steins of beer poured over their heads, young N.Africans attacked because they look like Turks etc...............it makes me sick to my stomach.
It's not the scraps we had as youngsters with Rovrum, Sc***s etc...........they happen ; it's this sinister anyone regardless of age, colour , sex can be a target ''thing'' that really puts us bellow animals at times.

Sorry I can NEVER defend that behaviour and neither should anyone else.

What's Stuttgart 2006 got to do with the Panorama show and Euro 2012?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 29, 2012, 05:27:15 pm by RedJ »
Think the point Hools is trying to make is that the sort of behaviour towards foreigners they were trying to make look unique to Poland and Ukraine could kick off anywhere.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 29, 2012, 06:18:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Think the point Hools is trying to make is that the sort of behaviour towards foreigners they were trying to make look unique to Poland and Ukraine could kick off anywhere.

That was the point and I doubt our fans or those of other teams will change anytime soon. It reminded me of the t**ts who thought it was funny to gob on and throw beer over Rovers supporters (especially youngsters) at a final I went to recently. I would put the fairly muted behaviour of the England fans in Ukraine down to lack of numbers and being out of their comfort zone oh and the expense which curtailed their behaviour to some extent.

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 30, 2012, 05:07:09 pm by Al Riggall »
Hoola,

Yes, the panorama programme on Stuttgart was just pockets of fans. If you think following England away is like that then your sadly mistaken. I've been following England 8 years, can count on 1 hand the number of games I've missed and I've seen no more trouble that I ever have at a Rovers game.

I suggest you don't comment on things you know nothing about.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 30, 2012, 07:19:41 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola,

Yes, the panorama programme on Stuttgart was just pockets of fans. If you think following England away is like that then your sadly mistaken. I've been following England 8 years, can count on 1 hand the number of games I've missed and I've seen no more trouble that I ever have at a Rovers game.

Are you suggesting that I wasn't in Stuttgart how the hell do you know that ? Most of our supporters home and away behave themselves I'm bloody aware of that but there are a helluva lot that don't. Btw I've never seen anything even approaching the behaviour of our English ''fans'' at a Rovers match and never anywhere near that scale.
Why the fook do we continue to bury our heads in the sand about such things!! That way they never get resolved.........

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 30, 2012, 08:02:16 pm by SkellowRover »
Hoola,

Thay maybe why, you should have been around in the 80's and 90's lol.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 30, 2012, 09:17:37 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola,

Thay maybe why, you should have been around in the 80's and 90's lol.

Cheers Skellow ......well spotted ;)

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 30, 2012, 09:48:03 pm by Al Riggall »
He never mentioned the 80's and 90's. And in case you haven't noticed its 2012 life moves on. Mandela was in prison in the 80's.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 30, 2012, 09:53:08 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Spain 82, we were housed in Zaruz an hour from Bilbao. First week, open welcome in bars, clubs, restaurants etc to all us England fans. Towards the end of the first week the split started. Us "normal England fans" and the NF, West Ham ICF etc parted the ways, By the second week ALL England fans were barred from said establishments in the town due to brawls, fighting general yobbish behaviour by the latter group. The locals did not distinguish we were all England fans as far as they were concerned. We had to go to the bank in 2/3's not on our own and only drank in our hotel bar. One night a Spaniard nicked an off duty coppers' gun and shot indiscriminately into the bar, thankfully we all hit the deck. This was all due to disgraceful overtly racist behaviour by the thug element of the party.
Incidentally the trip was booked out of the Daily Mirror so no-one knew anyone before we departed (except the organisers who were the worst behaved) so i did not know what to expect. So just a warning to all, there is never an 100% risk free trip with England, and i too have travelled many times over the years. 

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 30, 2012, 11:25:28 pm by Al Riggall »
Hoola,

Are you suggesting that I wasn't in Stuttgart how the hell do you know that ? Most of our supporters home and away behave themselves I'm bloody aware of that but there are a helluva lot that don't. Btw I've never seen anything even approaching the behaviour of our English ''fans'' at a Rovers match and never anywhere near that scale.
Why the fook do we continue to bury our heads in the sand about such things!! That way they never get resolved.........

It's blatantly clear you wasn't there from your comments!

Things are not 100% perfect, they will never be, but your take on England fans and take of the experience of following England is wrong. You see more trouble in Donny on a Saturday night.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 01, 2012, 10:13:12 am by silent majority »
To be a member of Englandfans and therefore enjoy the luxury of tournament tickets you have to undergo a Police check. Anything that resembles a Police record and you're not allowed in at all.

So, no arrests in Poland/Ukraine, no arrests in any of the qualifying games, no arrests in South Africa or in any of the qualifying games leading up to that. Englandfans were voted the fans of the tournament in South Africa, Germany, Portugal and Japan. And that's in stadiums with no segregation and minimal Police presence. The dark days of English hooliganism have long since passed and all anybody asks is to be Policed on behaviour not on reputation, that's something the media seems incapable of.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 01, 2012, 12:13:13 pm by eastender »
Going slightly off topic , but what do you think silent_majority about Platini's idea of playing the Euro 2020 all over Europe in 12 or 13 different cities.
It sounds like a good idea but it's not very fan friendly .
What if the English fans in the group stage had to travel to Donestk, then on to Dublin and Finally Istanbul all in the space of a week , a lot of expense , organising and travelling involved.  :(

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 01, 2012, 12:41:31 pm by silent majority »
Going slightly off topic , but what do you think silent_majority about Platini's idea of playing the Euro 2020 all over Europe in 12 or 13 different cities.
What if the English fans in the group stage had to travel to Donestk, then on to Dublin and Finally Istanbul all in the space of a week , a lot of expense , organising and travelling involved.  :(

He's banking on the plethora of cheap airlines to make this work. He must be mad if he thinks cheap airfares will be available for football supporters during a tournament. Just as an example, the FA's official travel company, Thomson Sports, were providing flights to Kiev for about £450 for the group game. The same company were advertising flights for Englandfans members to the final (no ticket included) for £1400! No profiteering there then!

I think Uefa have had a few issues with this last tournament and it very nearly didn't come to fruition. Its not the stadiums but the other parts of the infrastructure that's the problem. In Donetsk there was a desperate shortage of decent accommodation, the new airport opened its doors the week before the tournament started and the new high speed trains started to run that week too. It very nearly didn't happen.

So the Platini plan is that if you spread it around different cities in different countries then the infrastructure should already be in place rather than relying on one or two countries to make massive financial investments. The forerunner so far for 2020 has been Turkey, somehow I can't see that happening.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 01, 2012, 01:43:36 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

He's banking on the plethora of cheap airlines to make this work. He must be mad if he thinks cheap airfares will be available for football supporters during a tournament. Just as an example, the FA's official travel company, Thomson Sports, were providing flights to Kiev for about £450 for the group game. The same company were advertising flights for Englandfans members to the final (no ticket included) for £1400! No profiteering there then!

I think Uefa have had a few issues with this last tournament and it very nearly didn't come to fruition. Its not the stadiums but the other parts of the infrastructure that's the problem. In Donetsk there was a desperate shortage of decent accommodation, the new airport opened its doors the week before the tournament started and the new high speed trains started to run that week too. It very nearly didn't happen.

So the Platini plan is that if you spread it around different cities in different countries then the infrastructure should already be in place rather than relying on one or two countries to make massive financial investments. The forerunner so far for 2020 has been Turkey, somehow I can't see that happening.

I think Platini's only throwing in the multi-city option as so far, only Turkey has expressed an interest in hosting 2020.
I know Scotland/Ireland were thinking of putting their hat in the ring, but why not England? We might get more than 1 vote this time!

Did all 4 games in Ukraine; not a spot of bother seen. From the passport control people, to the volunteers to the stadium staff; all the Ukranians couldn't have made us more welcome.

I'm embarassed that our gutter press/media continue to write complete nonsense on things that they have no idea about.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012