Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:43:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Hird close to signing for..  (Read 20082 times)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Sam Hird close to signing for..
« Reply #60 on June 01, 2012, 06:38:17 pm by drfc1951 »
If all that is true then it is pisspoor of Saunders to not want to keep him and let him go on a reduced deal to a lower division team. If this is a sign of things to come I may have to rethink my 'give Saunders a chance' thought.

Saunders has said he wants to keep him,perhaps Saunders is being held back by the board.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 01, 2012, 06:40:15 pm by drfc1951 »
But if the deal is apparently as good as done as people suggest, why would his agent need to lie about that? I can understand it if he was nowhere close to agreeing a deal somewhere and wanted to play clubs off eachother to up his clients wages aswell as creaming money for himself too (as agents do).

Is the deal as good as done though as people on here suggest, are they really in the know.

Think it's those at DFP/Radio Sheff who are saying its as close as done deal.
Radio Sheffield shit stirrers.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 01, 2012, 06:43:55 pm by Wellred »
This boy Herd sounds like some player, surely can't be the same Herd I've been watching the last few years.
     If you disregard this season that has just been an absolute shambles and look at our seasons of survival in the Championship, he has largely been a fringe/back-up player. I for one was always worried to see his name on the team sheet as we would usually ship goals and lose in these games. This is my opinion and I'm sure i'll get shot down for it as it seems for many people he can do no wrong but as a case in point look at the 2009-10 season and look at the games he played in and the games he didn't.

Another one who speaks complete nonsense about the ability of one of the best defenders at the club.

Btw, it's Sam Hird... If you are going slate his ability, atleast give him the common courtesy of spelling his name right. It's four words, it's not difficult, i expect my 6yo neice could spell it it's that easy.

Can your 6 year old niece spell Sharp? I know its an extra letter but you found it difficult didn't you?

People in glass houses and all that.  :woohoo: :woohoo:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 01, 2012, 07:10:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
This boy Herd sounds like some player, surely can't be the same Herd I've been watching the last few years.
     If you disregard this season that has just been an absolute shambles and look at our seasons of survival in the Championship, he has largely been a fringe/back-up player. I for one was always worried to see his name on the team sheet as we would usually ship goals and lose in these games. This is my opinion and I'm sure i'll get shot down for it as it seems for many people he can do no wrong but as a case in point look at the 2009-10 season and look at the games he played in and the games he didn't.

Another one who speaks complete nonsense about the ability of one of the best defenders at the club.

Btw, it's Sam Hird... If you are going slate his ability, atleast give him the common courtesy of spelling his name right. It's four words, it's not difficult, i expect my 6yo neice could spell it it's that easy.

Can your 6 year old niece spell Sharp? I know its an extra letter but you found it difficult didn't you?

People in glass houses and all that.  :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh dear.

You seem so proud of that post, but unfortunately (because i happen to have a very low opinion of you) i am going to have to shoot you down...

I refer you to this thread

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=233110.msg244501#msg244501

I think you'll find (and Rover Alias knew it too) that i was joking and intentionally spelt it like that.

I think i am more than worthy of posting these smilies

:woohoo: :woohoo:

As you were.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 02, 2012, 12:51:50 am by Akinfenwa »
Not that bothered about this to be honest. One of the many below average central defenders we've been 'blessed' with over the last few years.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 02, 2012, 12:59:46 am by dickos1 »
What's this go to do with Saunders??? He's told Sam he wants to keep him but the board won't finance it. Criticising Saunders is beyond belief he wants to sign players and he's said all along he wanted to get it sorted early, the board are doing what they do every year and not giving the manager the info he needs on what he has to spend..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 02, 2012, 01:14:43 pm by MrFrost »
We couldn't compete in the Championship financially. It looks increasingly that we cannot compete at League One level in terms of player signings and wages. There is only one way this is heading.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 02, 2012, 01:18:12 pm by donnyroversfc »
We couldn't compete in the Championship financially. It looks increasingly that we cannot compete at League One level in terms of player signings and wages. There is only one way this is heading.

Yep, a surprise league 1 title win  :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 02, 2012, 07:38:19 pm by silent majority »

I'm not sure the evidence is there for you to make that assessment. We have to balance our budget, but so does everybody else.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 02, 2012, 07:41:08 pm by Red wizard »

I'm not sure the evidence is there for you to make that assessment. We have to balance our budget, but so does everybody else.

So what going to happen if no team comes in for our players? or our players won't leave because they are on more money here?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 02, 2012, 07:47:37 pm by wilts rover »

So what going to happen if no team comes in for our players? or our players won't leave because they are on more money here?

I dunno, what do you reckon?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 02, 2012, 07:54:44 pm by Red wizard »
I dunno, thats why i asked. Just seems odd to me that deano isn't allowed to sign players until we off load. Now i know we need to lower the wage bill. But as each day passes we are missing players. We are hoping to off load but teams will only offer peanuts as all the clubs know we are in a right old mess. I just hope we can get rid of who we don't want asap.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 02, 2012, 08:09:04 pm by wilts rover »
I would say we were in right old mess, have a look at the players we have contracted, I dont think they will win the league, but I also dont think they will get relegated. I am happier that we are exercising a sound financial policy and not storing up problems for the future, if that means players are here until their contracts run out so be it. We have some good youngsters coming through, give them a chance and build for the season after next.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 02, 2012, 08:26:17 pm by dickos1 »
Some players will be leaving, it's obvious the high earners will go. What I don't understand is why they can't loan the club the money to sign the players the manager wants and get it back when the high earners have gone.
Waiting until they've left first is just ridiculous all the players were interested in will have joined other clubs.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 02, 2012, 09:14:57 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Who says the big earners will be shifted? Who's going to give Woods, Stock, Gillett and Friend the kind of salary they are probably on at Rovers. Not that many considering they're either constantly injured or have failed at bigger clubs, or both.

Compounded to this we appear to be tied to Beye who is on god knows what with no relegation clause in the clubs favour (who signed this one off ffs?).

No-one will be coming in until others leave. Costs are being cut. Simple as that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 02, 2012, 09:31:24 pm by dickos1 »
We don't need all those to go, copps, spurr and friend will go and those alone will be enough for us to bring in 5 or 6 players.
Bêye has a release clause in his contract, so will be off unless we can persuade him to stay.
Don't know why you think we're tied down to him

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 02, 2012, 09:47:35 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
We don't need all those to go, copps, spurr and friend will go and those alone will be enough for us to bring in 5 or 6 players.
Bêye has a release clause in his contract, so will be off unless we can persuade him to stay.

Beye has a release clause in his favour as far as I've read. i.e Rovers can't get shut of him unless he wants to move. So we are tied to him. Persuade him to stay? Rovers will be begging him to leave. He's the top earner and therefore prime candidate for the chop. Trouble is, it seems he had a good agent working for him. Ahem.

As for only getting rid of copps, spurr and friend...I don't think that will be enough, unless you have some info to the contrary.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 02, 2012, 09:50:27 pm by RedJ »

can't see Beye leaving - he threatened to retire if Villa didn't let him come back (before they released him)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 02, 2012, 09:54:56 pm by dickos1 »
Well listening to the local media they seem to suggest we just need one player to leave and there will then be a number of players joining us.
As for bêye, Saunders wants to keep him but thinks he will leave as he is pursuing other options first.
Don't think he's on the wage of stock, coppinger, friend, spurr. When he signed the contract Saunders said he was on less than half of some of our players

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 02, 2012, 10:03:07 pm by donnyroversfc »
Well listening to the local media they seem to suggest we just need one player to leave and there will then be a number of players joining us.
As for bêye, Saunders wants to keep him but thinks he will leave as he is pursuing other options first.
Don't think he's on the wage of stock, coppinger, friend, spurr. When he signed the contract Saunders said he was on less than half of some of our players

It was wrote on here, Fal (and he has confirmed it) that John Ryan said Billy Sharp was the highest paid player at the club and the second highest was Habib Beye on 4k a week...

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 02, 2012, 10:07:06 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
According to this...

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-mathias-pogba-no-go-for-rovers-as-james-harper-deal-stalls-1-4583148

Beye is top earner. Who'll want to sign an expensive, inconsistent, 34 year old who lives in France?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 02, 2012, 10:08:49 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

It was wrote on here, Fal (and he has confirmed it) that John Ryan said Billy Sharp was the highest paid player at the club and the second highest was Habib Beye on 4k a week...

You seriously believe Coppinger, Stock, Woods, Spurr and Friend are on less than 4k a week? I'd be shocked if they were.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 02, 2012, 10:13:35 pm by donnyroversfc »

You seriously believe Coppinger, Stock, Woods, Spurr and Friend are on less than 4k a week? I'd be shocked if they were.

I'd be shocked myself (and would include Sullivan in that list) but it's what John Ryan said himself at a fans meeting (or something similar).

Fal wrote/confirmed on another forum:

When i went to the 100 club meeting JR stated that Billy Sharp was our highest paid player on £12,500 a week, once he left Habib Beye was our highest paid player on £4,000. Thats out of the horses mouth!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 02, 2012, 10:14:11 pm by dickos1 »
Not a chance they're on less than 4k no way. They'll be on double that at least

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 02, 2012, 10:17:00 pm by dickos1 »
According to this...

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-mathias-pogba-no-go-for-rovers-as-james-harper-deal-stalls-1-4583148

Beye is top earner. Who'll want to sign an expensive, inconsistent, 34 year old who lives in France?

That report says he is ONE of the top earners which he undoubtably is but I think there's others on more

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 02, 2012, 10:18:13 pm by donnyroversfc »
Not a chance they're on less than 4k no way. They'll be on double that at least

Which is why i dont believe a word the board say.

Fal has no reason to lie btw, he wrote it on here first ages ago. I remembered the comment and he confirmed it was him who had said it.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 02, 2012, 10:34:29 pm by The Beast »
What's with all this hysteria?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very average boy!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 02, 2012, 10:48:40 pm by Red wizard »
I don't think its all to do with Sam. For me its more the fact we can't offer more than a L2 club until we off load players.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 02, 2012, 11:03:40 pm by graingrover »
a real good clear out is what we need .. it started with SOD  then the CEO then Doctor Death , then goalkeeping coach then etc etc etc
          Those who criticise the Board have obviously never known previous Donny Rovers Boards .Please name the Board Drectors who were bette tan te current Board if I h

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 02, 2012, 11:10:34 pm by donnyroversfc »
It's not about the past board... None of that matters anymore... What matters right now is the present, and the future!

Thats like saying we could get relegated to the conference in the next two years, but it wouldn't matter because atleast it's not as bad as it once was.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012