Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:31:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Hird close to signing for..  (Read 20105 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Sam Hird close to signing for..
« Reply #30 on June 01, 2012, 11:04:26 am by Sprotyrover »
Sam Hird is four inches to short for the job of centre half, never rated him in Championship, may make a decent defensive midfielder in div two.  :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 01, 2012, 11:11:27 am by drfc1951 »
Saunders talks about developing the youth yet it seems a 34 year old Habib Beye is more of a priority than a 24 year old Sam Hird, for once Saunders please actually do what you say you are going to do.
Hardly Saunders fault that he cant  offer more money than Chesterfield.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 01, 2012, 11:13:56 am by DonnyRTID »
Saunders talks about developing the youth yet it seems a 34 year old Habib Beye is more of a priority than a 24 year old Sam Hird, for once Saunders please actually do what you say you are going to do.

Yes but the difference being Sam is out of contract, Beye & Martis aren't.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 01, 2012, 11:42:33 am by Capmeister »
Dont panic. Saunders is putting his faith in Beye. Surely he wont be the same liability he was last season. Flying into play and not training with the team, it's the future! Look how Saunders spotted our defensive frailties and corrected them when he came. Locky and Hird got us out of league 1 with solid defending last time round. It's wildly illogical to think they could do it again. Remember Saunders is a tactical defensive genius. He unlocked back fours' for fun as a player. Now he's unlocking ours. Oh and a ridiculous amount of pre-seasons. Nice one Deano. If they aren't knackered or injured at the end of that we're bound to hit the ground running!!!!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 01, 2012, 11:54:28 am by drfc1951 »
Who says hes putting faith in Beye? he is under contract Sam isnt. Beye might yet move on.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 01, 2012, 12:00:07 pm by timdrfc »
He's poor. We need to start again from scratch at centre half I think.

You clearly aren't very clued up on football then.

Sam Hird is miles better than Shelton Martis, he's not injury prone, he's younger, he will make less mistakes than Habib Beye.

Yet our club aren't bothered about all that and would rather let him sign for Chesterfield (CHESTERFIELD FFS) than show a bit of ambition and tie him up to a long term deal here.

CHESTERFIELD! Oh dear.

Better than Martis & Beye YOU have to be joking & YOU don't know much about football if you think that!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 01, 2012, 12:03:38 pm by rtid88 »
You obviously know nothing about football if you think Martis is better then Hird! Never rated him at all! Think Beye has got obvious talent, but is a major liability with his discipline! For me Hird would be above the Beye & Martis on the team sheet every week!!

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 01, 2012, 12:15:46 pm by Capmeister »
Drfc1951, Saunders has intimated in more than one article that he wants to build round Beye if possible. I take your point about moving on but his performances were not solid enough. I personally dont think anyone higher up will take him and Saunders is pinning his hopes on that. He's a classy player for a centre half but that cavalier attitude he has is a major flaw for me. I want somebody forged out of iron with a gob on him. Locky fills the granite bit and teamed with Hird's tactical savvy it's a natural choice for me and proven. Saunders' has a different view. We shall see.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 01, 2012, 12:46:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Martis is a better header of the ball than Hird IMO.  I personally think that the way our team has been for years we've done better with commanding centre halves in the air.  Hird's good at tackling but he's not IMO a great header of the ball and I like to see centre halves who'll come and head the ball away like Shackell, Mills, Ward, Lee, Foster all did.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 01, 2012, 01:32:49 pm by drfcsteve »
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Saunders choose to extend Beyes contract when the season finished? Hence committing money to pay Beye instead of other players?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 01, 2012, 02:16:05 pm by eastender »
Chesterfield? He is too good for League Two, far too good.

Apparently SOD's Crawley are the other interested club , so he could be lining up against us in league 1.  :(

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 01, 2012, 02:18:50 pm by donnyroversfc »

Sam Hird is miles better than Shelton Martis, he's not injury prone, he's younger, he will make less mistakes than Habib Beye.

Yet our club aren't bothered about all that and would rather let him sign for Chesterfield (CHESTERFIELD FFS) than show a bit of ambition and tie him up to a long term deal here.

CHESTERFIELD! Oh dear.

Better than Martis & Beye YOU have to be joking & YOU don't know much about football if you think that!

I clearly know more than you if that's what you think... For the record, i never once in my post said that Hird is better than Beye (i said he'd make less mistakes) he's a gazillion times better than Martis!

JO'C, Hird, Friend and Spurr... THAT would be our best defence next season, judging by Saunders comments though it's looking likely that only JO'C out of them 4 will still be here.

If that happens, and knowing how unambitious and unhelpful our board have been to Saunders, i will go back on my prediction of us winning the league next year.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 01, 2012, 02:20:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Saunders choose to extend Beyes contract when the season finished? Hence committing money to pay Beye instead of other players?

I don't know but I think he offered him 18 months in January, I was hoping after we were relegated there would be some sort of release clause. We need a fast defence (Mills Locky and Hird in 2008) and losing Hird to a league two club will be the nail that hammers any hope of promotion. When your best player is considering leaving for a team playing 2 leagues below where he played last year it is a sign that something major is wrong. And tbh I don't think the problem lies in the internals of the boardroom, afterall all we hear is good noises in the last few weeks.
I know it is early days but Saunders is yet to impress in the transfer market: practically begging clubs to bid for our players, wasn't the sharpest move in all honesty.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 01, 2012, 02:53:03 pm by eastender »
Paul Walker just Tweeted.  :(

Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw
Hope to have an update on Sam Hird and Chesterfield later this afternoon. All signs are positive that deal will go through without a hitch

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 01, 2012, 03:43:12 pm by DonnyRTID »
Someone on twitter saying he's been offered captaincy at Chesterfield.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 01, 2012, 03:45:04 pm by The Beast »
This boy Herd sounds like some player, surely can't be the same Herd I've been watching the last few years.
     If you disregard this season that has just been an absolute shambles and look at our seasons of survival in the Championship, he has largely been a fringe/back-up player. I for one was always worried to see his name on the team sheet as we would usually ship goals and lose in these games. This is my opinion and I'm sure i'll get shot down for it as it seems for many people he can do no wrong but as a case in point look at the 2009-10 season and look at the games he played in and the games he didn't.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 01, 2012, 04:27:38 pm by donnyroversfc »
This boy Herd sounds like some player, surely can't be the same Herd I've been watching the last few years.
     If you disregard this season that has just been an absolute shambles and look at our seasons of survival in the Championship, he has largely been a fringe/back-up player. I for one was always worried to see his name on the team sheet as we would usually ship goals and lose in these games. This is my opinion and I'm sure i'll get shot down for it as it seems for many people he can do no wrong but as a case in point look at the 2009-10 season and look at the games he played in and the games he didn't.

Another one who speaks complete nonsense about the ability of one of the best defenders at the club.

Btw, it's Sam Hird... If you are going slate his ability, atleast give him the common courtesy of spelling his name right. It's four words, it's not difficult, i expect my 6yo neice could spell it it's that easy.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 01, 2012, 04:29:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

CHESTERFIELD! Oh dear.

I clearly know more than you if that's what you think... For the record, i never once in my post said that Hird is better than Beye (i said he'd make less mistakes) he's a gazillion times better than Martis!

JO'C, Hird, Friend and Spurr... THAT would be our best defence next season, judging by Saunders comments though it's looking likely that only JO'C out of them 4 will still be here.

If that happens, and knowing how unambitious and unhelpful our board have been to Saunders, i will go back on my prediction of us winning the league next year.

Different players Martis bullys forwards with his physical game and Sam get to the ball quicker cos he few seconds ahead.

Both would be very very effective in League one!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 01, 2012, 04:32:49 pm by donnyroversfc »

CHESTERFIELD! Oh dear.

Different players Martis bullys forwards with his physical game and Sam get to the ball quicker cos he few seconds ahead.

Both would be very very effective in League one!

We'd after get him off the treatment table first.

Martis is clumsy and always looks as though he's running in cow shit.

We NEED to be keeping players like Hird and Friend, time for the board to step up to the plate and show a little bit of ambition.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 01, 2012, 04:34:17 pm by MrFrost »
Been away for a week and trying to catch up.
Truly shocked at this. If we can't match a League 2 side when it comes to offering contracts then things are very worrying.

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 01, 2012, 04:36:24 pm by stokerover »
Apparently had two offers, a L1 club (not Crawley) and Chesterfield. Both clubs offering first team football but the L1 club would mean Sam moving, Chesterfield want to make him captain and Sheridan pushed the boat out to get him. Agent went back to Saunders who hasn't acted. Has actually took a pay cut to join Chesterfield.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 01, 2012, 04:41:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Apparently had two offers, a L1 club (not Crawley) and Chesterfield. Both clubs offering first team football but the L1 club would mean Sam moving, Chesterfield want to make him captain and Sheridan pushed the boat out to get him. Agent went back to Saunders who hasn't acted. Has actually took a pay cut to join Chesterfield.

:laugh: :laugh: where's that from?

:laugh: :laugh: sorry for laughing, i find it disappointingly funny for some reason!

:laugh: :laugh:

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 01, 2012, 04:50:43 pm by drfc1951 »

:laugh: :laugh: where's that from?

:laugh: :laugh: sorry for laughing, i find it disappointingly funny for some reason!

:laugh: :laugh:

I dont really believe it to be honest,agent talking possably.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 01, 2012, 04:55:06 pm by donnyroversfc »
But if the deal is apparently as good as done as people suggest, why would his agent need to lie about that? I can understand it if he was nowhere close to agreeing a deal somewhere and wanted to play clubs off eachother to up his clients wages aswell as creaming money for himself too (as agents do).

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 01, 2012, 05:04:07 pm by The Beast »
Sorry I spelt his name wrong, there's guy I work with called Herd,does your niece know the difference between words and letters?
      As i have stated this is only my opinion, I don't really rate him but if hes such a great player why is he considering going to Chesterfield, isn't there a queue of Championship clubs beating down his door?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 01, 2012, 05:07:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's OK.  Sam signed with us. I dreamt it last night.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 01, 2012, 05:08:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
Sorry I spelt his name wrong, there's guy I work with called Herd,does your niece know the difference between words and letters?
      As i have stated this is only my opinion, I don't really rate him but if hes such a great player why is he considering going to Chesterfield, isn't there a queue of Championship clubs beating down his door?

She does, but it looks like i dont!  :laugh:  :suicide:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 01, 2012, 06:00:50 pm by RoversAlias »
If all that is true then it is pisspoor of Saunders to not want to keep him and let him go on a reduced deal to a lower division team. If this is a sign of things to come I may have to rethink my 'give Saunders a chance' thought.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 01, 2012, 06:32:21 pm by drfc1951 »
But if the deal is apparently as good as done as people suggest, why would his agent need to lie about that? I can understand it if he was nowhere close to agreeing a deal somewhere and wanted to play clubs off eachother to up his clients wages aswell as creaming money for himself too (as agents do).

Is the deal as good as done though as people on here suggest, are they really in the know.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 01, 2012, 06:34:53 pm by donnyroversfc »

Is the deal as good as done though as people on here suggest, are they really in the know.

Think it's those at DFP/Radio Sheff who are saying its as close as done deal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012