Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:49:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hird....  (Read 9375 times)

eastender

• VSC Member
Hird....
« on June 02, 2012, 04:37:27 pm by eastender »
As signed for Chesterfield .  :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Hird....
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2012, 04:39:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
Hopefully he gets treat better there and gets the acknowledgment and appreciation he deserves. He's well shot of this club.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2012, 04:44:59 pm by Filo »
Dropped down to League 2, he`s sold himself short there, Either he`s not confident in his own ability or Chesterfield are throwing a wad of dosh at him

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2012, 04:48:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Two year deal. Seems a bit short as well.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2012, 04:50:54 pm by Red wizard »
 Well i have got to say i am very angry at this. Come on JR whats going on. You want season tickets sold but we are yet to sign a player and losing a player who the manager wants to keep. I don't think Hird will of been asking for much. We will have no chance of keeping Gilly if we can't keep Sam. A l2 team beating us on wages? Worried.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2012, 04:58:17 pm by Filo »
The Chesterfield fans must think they`ve signed a different Sam Hird

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=40315&st=0

Quite pacey, foil for Trotts at CB?

Very good player left back and was shocked to go as he was out of contract and could easily play again in the championship and likes where he lives near Donny.

Be shocked if Donny dont offer him another contract, but would be made up if he came to us. Central defender or defensive midfielder, quick and very good in the air

Lad at work said he would kick through a metal door to get to the football, loves to tackle

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2012, 05:00:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Well I'm not, we need 2 new CH's and a strong defensive midfielder as our results over the last 18 months and the amount of goals we have leaked. Bullied, unable to defend set pieces and Sam was a part of that problem. Good luck to him at his new club but we need someone with a more physical presence.

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2012, 05:46:49 pm by stokerover »
As I said yesterday, have heard from a good source that Sam has taken a pay CUT to join Chesterfield. To expand on that...he has been offered less by Chesterfield compared to what he was on with us last season...but Chesterfield are offering more than DS has offered Sam this week...I'm told the offer from DS was appallingly low. Also offered the captaincy at Chesterfield and guaranteed first team football and that Sheridan made him feel wanted, DS didn't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 02, 2012, 05:50:06 pm by dickos1 »
DS didn't??? Pretty hard to make him feel wanted don't you think when your only able to offer him peanuts..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 02, 2012, 05:52:15 pm by MrFrost »
It is an absolute joke if we cannot compete in terms of wages with a League 2 team. Yep. Fantastic way to get bums on seats this.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2012, 06:16:10 pm by mushRTID »
Good luck Sam. Rarely let us down, didn't deserve half the stick he got on here.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 02, 2012, 06:17:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How can you blame Saunders if he hasn't got any money to offer the players? It's the boards fault if any.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 02, 2012, 06:19:08 pm by roverstillidie91 »
He isn't good enough and hes not big enough to be a centre half as already been proved

and as a holding midfielder isn't good enough either

doesn't exactly bring fear to opponents anyway

we could of afforded to keep him if it wasn't for the 12 contracted players sucking up our entire budget

and we need to live within our means ( accruing 4 million losses aint sustainable )

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2012, 06:22:54 pm by The Beast »
The underlying problem is we've got players who aren't Championship players who have been earning Championship wages. I dont think he's been mis-treated by the club, he's probably done very nicely thankyou from the club. Good luck to him at Chesterfield!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2012, 06:27:33 pm by eastender »
If it's true that DS only offered Sam a vastly reduced salary , then i can't help thinking that DS knew Sam was desperate to stay and thought he could get him on the cheap...that's a dangerous game to play and one that as back fired.
I hope i'm wrong and he doesn't try it on again with any other potential targets.  :unsure:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2012, 06:30:18 pm by donnyroversfc »
No blame can be attributed to Dean Saunders for this surely? Totally the boards fault imo, they've been the problem for a good 2 years now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 02, 2012, 06:39:16 pm by dickos1 »
Saunders offered him what he could, both of them stated that Saunders wanted to keep him..
If we cock up running the stadium people on here will be blaming saunders

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 02, 2012, 06:43:32 pm by mushRTID »
Not sure why we always need to blame somebody. Maybe Sam was tired of been 3rd, 4th choice centre back and feels he is reaching the age to be playing every week?

I liked Sam. But il wait until who lines up as our defenders in August before I get too carried away with this.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 02, 2012, 06:49:50 pm by dickos1 »
He stated yesterday we were his preferred option but hadn't been offered anything as of yet, and then we offered him peanuts

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 02, 2012, 07:09:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You can't offer what you haven't got. worth mentioning the salary cap you all seem to have forgotten about.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 02, 2012, 07:14:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Not sure why we always need to blame somebody. Maybe Sam was tired of been 3rd, 4th choice centre back and feels he is reaching the age to be playing every week?

I liked Sam. But il wait until who lines up as our defenders in August before I get too carried away with this.

Agreed

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 02, 2012, 07:18:11 pm by donnyroversfc »
Fed up of hearing about the salary cap ffs. Way people are going on about it we probably can't afford to field a 5-a-side team next season!

Preston seem to be doing there business just fine with it, Rotherham and Chesterfield dont seem to be getting affected by it either (and i think they can only spend about 50-55% of their income too).

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 02, 2012, 07:26:31 pm by Red wizard »
Also the fair play doesn't affect player singed before a certain date i think. Sure i read that on here.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 02, 2012, 07:46:22 pm by wilts rover »
spend more money than you expect to have coming in - now there's a good policy

Sorry I dont believe DS was ever serious about keeping Sam Hird. When he had all his options (half) fit, Sam was always the one he left out and he would have been 4th choice at best. I always liked his spirit but come on, he only ever looked good when he had someone better playing beside him, good luck at Chesterfield Sam.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 02, 2012, 07:49:32 pm by southwestexile »
Also the fair play doesn't affect player singed before a certain date i think. Sure i read that on here.

Did Sam get singed as a precursor to getting a tattoo?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 02, 2012, 07:50:35 pm by Wild Rover »
I think you will find that this fair play malarky is exactly how DRFC have been conducting business over the last 3 seasons. Yes i know DRFC can only spend 65% of "Take", but there is licence ( on a sliding scale ) for directors to "Put in" 5million reducing to 3 million quid a season over next 3 seasons ( in fact i think the 3 million is a lifetime amount, so once at that level it is maintained forever at that level). Now i satnd to be proven wrong by others on here, but thats my reading of it. So its a case of "How Much" the directors are willing to throw in, as opposed to "They cant throw money in".

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 02, 2012, 08:06:40 pm by dickos1 »
You can't offer what you haven't got. worth mentioning the salary cap you all seem to have forgotten about.
We should have more to offer than a side that has also just been relegated and will have the same problems we have with regards high wage bills and losses in tv revenue, yet they're offering more than us..
It doesn't look good, and is making a difficult job for Saunders an impossible one

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 02, 2012, 08:07:24 pm by Red wizard »

[/quote Lol dam phone.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 03, 2012, 11:50:46 am by Drover »
This is bad news to me,and worse of all,we can now expect all the other players Dean has released but was hoping to stay will feck off elsewhere,it's obvious the club are wanting them to stay but on
drastically lower wages.I remember talking to Brian Deane in town when the rumours he was about to leave was doing the rounds,I ask him if it was true and he told me yes,it looks likely,but you have to realise, Rovers want me to take a pay cut to stay with them.We had just got relegated and he was our leading scoring for the season with about 9 goals.I thought we had ripped the Blades off when they paid 30,000/40,000 grand,whatever it was.Then look what he went on to do!Only the poorer players asked to stay will think about staying.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:43:41 pm by Drover »

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 03, 2012, 12:02:49 pm by drfcsteve »
What a joke this is. If people are saying Hird was Saunders 4th choice cb, who are 1st 2nd and 3rd choice! Martis will be on the injury list all next season again so that leaves us with Beye if he can manage to not be suspended for half the season and Lockwood. At least Hird would stay fit, continue to improve, give 100%, and was proven in League One from our last time there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012