Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:10:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: i just dont get it?  (Read 7600 times)

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
i just dont get it?
« on June 03, 2012, 03:59:10 pm by sheffieldROVER »
why do we release players like hird who hardly miss a game? but hang onto injury prone players like martin woods?  eh? i mean how many games has woods played in the last 2 or 3 seasons? :suicide:    what a joke!!!!!!!   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: i just dont get it?
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2012, 04:07:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I agree - the biggest problem with us the last two seasons was an ever changing lineup, especially in defence.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 03, 2012, 04:12:16 pm by Akinfenwa »
Hird was out of contract. Martin Woods is not. Simple as that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 03, 2012, 04:14:58 pm by silent majority »
You know its a bit like asking a woman what she thinks of the new look you've just given to the lounge when all you've done is strip off the old wallpaper! Can't we wait to pass judgement until the room is finished?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:25:08 pm by silent_majority »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 03, 2012, 04:45:25 pm by dickos1 »
One is out of contract the other one isn't. Not rocket science is it???

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 03, 2012, 06:34:21 pm by MrFrost »
It's not rocket science to see that we can't even compete with League 2 teams either.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 03, 2012, 07:10:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Well, lets hope the injury records of anyone we sign are good. I think thats the point, and where we've failed dismally in recent seasons.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 03, 2012, 08:03:30 pm by Barmby Rover »
If Sam is too highly paid to play for us, what sort of player do you think we are going to have? Sam was not the top earner in the squad I would say, so I presume all others higher than him will have to go too. Tha lesaves us with about 10- 11 of the current squad plus players who are earning under £1K a week. Sounds like a good recipe for demotion to me.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 03, 2012, 08:51:31 pm by phil o sophical »
Once described by SOD as a model pro yet always appeared to be the scapegoat. DS said he wants players who give 100% and who aren't afraid to roll their sleeves up and put their bodies on the line. Step forward Sam Hird... oh hang on a minute, we've let him go. Not a good start to the rebuilding for me

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2012, 12:30:20 am by dickos1 »
He was never a big player for us, if a league 2 team want to offer him the world why should we try and beat it for a bit part player.
He was never indespensible for us.
Move on and stop whining ya set of tarts

donny4life

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2012, 12:40:22 am by donny4life »
Well said , I'll give it 6month before chesterfield are moanin about him ,  and people sayin we should keep baxendale on one promising performance should sort there lifes out ,he was average at a non league team this year and couldn't get in hereford squad when on loan , but if u want I'll issue funds to get fairhurst and adam brown back if you want ,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2012, 09:38:31 am by dickos1 »
Maybe we didn't want to compete they're offering him the captaincy and he'll be on of their highest earners. He shouldn't be one of our highest earners, they wanted him more than us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 04, 2012, 10:04:51 am by Filo »
Reading a Chesterfield forum, they seem to think he has pace, is good in the air and is a leader, not sure where they saw all those attributes, because I never saw them at the KM

Sod This For a Laugh

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 04, 2012, 11:40:39 am by Sod This For a Laugh »
If DS is trying to improve the defence he may have been looking at Sam as only his 3rd or 4th choice centre half and offered him money accordingly. Saving the higher wages for what will be his 1st and 2nd choice centre halfs. Chesterfield will have offered Sam a contract based on being 1st choice.

I just hope we move away from what has happened over the last few seasons where we settle for full backs playing centre half (JOC, Freind & Beye) and actually get proper centre backs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 04, 2012, 11:44:03 am by dickos1 »
If DS is trying to improve the defence he may have been looking at Sam as only his 3rd or 4th choice centre half and offered him money accordingly. Saving the higher wages for what will be his 1st and 2nd choice centre halfs. Chesterfield will have offered Sam a contract based on being 1st choice.

I just hope we move away from what has happened over the last few seasons where we settle for full backs playing centre half (JOC, Freind & Beye) and actually get proper centre backs.

Sense at last

donny4life

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 04, 2012, 11:47:16 am by donny4life »
Speaking to dean last week he said he had two big strong centre halfs lined up , and also said gillet had championship clubs in for him so was going to be hard to keep him ,

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 04, 2012, 11:53:00 am by MrFrost »
Speaking to dean last week he said he had two big strong centre halfs lined up , and also said gillet had championship clubs in for him so was going to be hard to keep him ,

Where were you speaking to Dean?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 04, 2012, 12:26:26 pm by dickos1 »
Frosty why do you jump on everyone who says they spoke to someone within the club??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2012, 12:53:06 pm by MrFrost »
Frosty why do you jump on everyone who says they spoke to someone within the club??
He seems to know a lot. Example, he knows exactly how much it would cost for us to terminate Martin Woods contract, he is on speaking terms with DS. I'm sure we are in the habit of releasing information like this to fans.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2012, 01:17:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
Sit down, look, listen and take it all in.

The board are showing us that they are;

1) not willing to back their own managers that they've employed.
2) They are out of their depth/lacking ambition.
3) not trying hard enough to not make mistakes, because they know the stupid loyal supporters are not going to question them
4) showing themselves up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 04, 2012, 01:20:40 pm by dickos1 »
Just wondered why you never believe people, you've moaned at myself numerous times when I've found things out, such as line ups and Kennedy signing for Leicester..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 04, 2012, 01:22:37 pm by MrFrost »
Just wondered why you never believe people, you've moaned at myself numerous times when I've found things out, such as line ups and Kennedy signing for Leicester..

Can you quote where I have moaned at you please?

dickos1

• VSC Member

donny4life

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2012, 01:49:51 pm by donny4life »
some people just cant take in  and hate the fact tht you no someone within the club and they no nobody

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 04, 2012, 01:52:54 pm by MrFrost »
some people just cant take in  and hate the fact tht you no someone within the club and they no nobody

Apologies dickos, You clearly have a better memory than me.
donny4life - I couldn't really care less who you know at the club. I have far more interesting things to occupy my mind with.

donny4life

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 04, 2012, 01:54:47 pm by donny4life »
what like tugging yourself off to a poster of john oster ,

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 04, 2012, 01:56:42 pm by MrFrost »
what like tugging yourself off to a poster of john oster ,
You see it is comments like that that prove that you're just an immature youngster, and makes your comments of being in the know even less believable.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 04, 2012, 02:14:47 pm by RoversAlias »
Frost is bang on, all of your posts 'donny4life' just scream 'I am a 12 year old'. Bragging about having a 'life', having a girlfriend, being in-the-know and making juvenile quips about Frost being gay or whatever, it is all just pathetic.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 04, 2012, 02:20:06 pm by dickos1 »
No worries mate... It was a long time ago,

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 04, 2012, 05:56:32 pm by graingrover »
The fact about Hird is the fact about Rovers . He was on wages we cannot afford in League 1.We need to halve our wage bill to meet the new Football League economic criteria which stipulates only 60%of turnover goes to players wages .
      Next season IF we get average  crowds of 6000 I calculate we will still not have enough to pay the remaining squad their wages ( 1million quid short).
    Instead of moaning maybe Vikings Supporters Co Operative ,which used to be a supportive forum, could try to engage in getting people to buy season tickets instead of spending so much time slagging off Dean Saunders and co. This forum is more infested by  too many scroungers than by people willing to invest money to pay Hird's wages .
    Do NOT be surprised if in future JR holds OPEN fan forums and relegates the VSC to the periphery of the club's influence . This forum is to blame for that .
     If I am wrong then I invite the VSC  EXECUTIVE committee to explain to me why the hell I shuld pay YOU £25 quid a year to support the shit we get from scroungers on here rather than give it ro DRFC Supporters club .If you tell me it is because they do not have a forum .... ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012