Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:15:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: popular STAND fanzine available for FREE online  (Read 2026 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
popular STAND fanzine available for FREE online
« on June 03, 2012, 07:10:30 pm by VivaRovers »
Issue 58 of the fanzine (which was on sale at the final home game of the season) is now available to read for free via our online library.

Issues 52-57 are also available via the same link.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: popular STAND fanzine available for FREE online
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2012, 07:28:23 pm by Wellred »
Do people actually pay to read this?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 03, 2012, 07:28:53 pm by MrFrost »
Do people actually pay to read this?

Do you think you could do better?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 03, 2012, 07:34:45 pm by Wellred »
We have different agendas.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 03, 2012, 07:44:31 pm by VivaRovers »
To answer your question Wellred, yes they do and sales figures would suggest they do so as much now as at any point in the last 14 years.

I take it from your comment that you're not one of our readers, so I'd be interested as to what you perceive the 'agenda' of the fanzine to be.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 03, 2012, 07:59:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is a good fanzine with lots of decent contributions, put together professionally. However, the rather negative carping editorial line last season about pretty much anything the club did was more than a little tiring by April. I must admit I stopped buying it. Hope to pick up again in August should there be a more balanced view.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 03, 2012, 08:06:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have to admit it's not IMO as good as it once was.  To me it tried to mock a large amount of discussion about the club then actually went into the same old discussion that it tried to mock.

The negative aspect of it just seamt a bit tiring really.  That's an opinion though, but I'm not sure I'll buy it next time around.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 03, 2012, 08:43:35 pm by Wellred »
To answer your question Wellred, yes they do and sales figures would suggest they do so as much now as at any point in the last 14 years.

I take it from your comment that you're not one of our readers, so I'd be interested as to what you perceive the 'agenda' of the fanzine to be.

Maybe it's the constant negative agenda of the publisher.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 03, 2012, 09:05:33 pm by VivaRovers »
Thanks for the constructive criticism from those who've left it. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything that is in the 'zine, indeed it's rare that I do. The aim of the 'zine, as I see it, is to offer an alternate view to all things Rovers. I've not been particularly in favour of a lot of things the club has done this season and that has been reflected in some of my editorials. Had I seen/read things to change my views perhaps the editorials might have changed in tone, alas I didn't. But as I said there is much more in the zine besides the editorial, and I've made an effort to provide a balanced publication to cater for as many tastes/views as possible.

Wellred, I'm still waiting for you to explain the agenda of a publication you don't read

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 03, 2012, 09:09:46 pm by Wellred »
Thanks for the constructive criticism from those who've left it. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything that is in the 'zine, indeed it's rare that I do. The aim of the 'zine, as I see it, is to offer an alternate view to all things Rovers. I've not been particularly in favour of a lot of things the club has done this season and that has been reflected in some of my editorials. Had I seen/read things to change my views perhaps the editorials might have changed in tone, alas I didn't. But as I said there is much more in the zine besides the editorial, and I've made an effort to provide a balanced publication to cater for as many tastes/views as possible.

Wellred, I'm still waiting for you to explain the agenda of a publication you don't read

I read the online version you have posted.
I read your negative posts.
You publish the magazine.
Need I say more?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 03, 2012, 09:22:07 pm by MrFrost »

Need I say more?

You do know you can contribute to the fanzine. Why not try it? Maybe you can then share your agenda.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 03, 2012, 09:27:20 pm by Wellred »

Need I say more?

You do know you can contribute to the fanzine. Why not try it? Maybe you can then share your agenda.

But I don't have an agenda :-)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 03, 2012, 09:27:38 pm by VivaRovers »
Again, I edit it I don't publish it, and I only write a relatively small percentage of it. Contributors write what they please, there is no agenda, indeed it would be very hard to forge one when the fanzine team has never collectively been in one place.

I don't get this fascination of yours with pigeon-holing everything as positive or negative. The world isn't that black and white. What makes my posts on here, which have been very few and far between this past year and for the most part have been just lettung folk know the fanzine is on sale 'negative'? I disagreed with the route the club took this past season and felt the need, as a supporter, to question the whys and wherefores of choosing that direction. Unlike many, I've not directly called for anyone to resign or leave the club, just questioned the reasoning behind the involvement of some folk, particularly McKay.

I support the club, I wouldn't go through the labour of putting together and distributing the fanzine for free if I didn't, but that doesn't mean I need to go blindly along with everything the club does. If I believe initiatives, decisions, individuals are worthy of praise I'll praise them the way I've always done. But if I feel things need questioning or highlighting then I'll do that to. Perhaps the reason you perceive me as 'negative' is because more of the club's doings this past year have fallen into the latter category than the former.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 04, 2012, 12:37:16 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't know what people want for a quid?!,i enjoyed the read,it's better than the programme article wise,when i read it a few years ago it was all jokey stuff,too much,i'd say you've maybe not got the balance of funny and serious right,but i would buy it as it is,the Saunders P.I. is funny he reminds me of Columbo on it ''just another thing Sir before i go''

TinyPortal © 2005-2012