Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:13:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Armthorpe welfare  (Read 3702 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Armthorpe welfare
« on June 04, 2012, 11:07:03 am by mushRTID »
@thewelfare: Doncaster Rovers have announced they'll play Cleethorpes Town this summer to carry on tradition of supporting amateur teams in pre-season.

@thewelfare: Very dissapointed- especially when there are three local sides, us, @AskernVilla and @RossingtonMain needing all the support we can get

Got to agree. Enjoyed the local friendlies

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Armthorpe welfare
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2012, 11:11:05 am by Filo »
Got to agree as well, we should be supporting sides in the local vicinity

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2012, 11:54:52 am by dknward2 »
There are still more friendlys to be sorted thought deano wanted ten this is only six so far they could easy add the three locals askern, armthorpe and Rosso and then still name another at the keepmoat

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2012, 03:21:45 pm by vietaff »
@thewelfare: Doncaster Rovers have announced they'll play Cleethorpes Town this summer to carry on tradition of supporting amateur teams in pre-season.

@thewelfare: Very dissapointed- especially when there are three local sides, us, @AskernVilla and @RossingtonMain needing all the support we can get

Got to agree. Enjoyed the local friendlies

Mr Saunders may not be upto scratch on location, after all Cleethorpes comes under the DN postcode   :blush:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2012, 03:56:26 pm by Red wizard »
If we play them and not one of the local teams i won't be happy. Come to think of it the club are giving me more reasons not to renew my tickets. Joke

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 04, 2012, 04:13:27 pm by Maps »
Yeah, I'm not renewing my Season Ticket if we don't play a pre-season friendly against Armthorpe Welfare!  :huh:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 04, 2012, 05:11:05 pm by donnyroversfc »
I've got to be honest i've had to question myself on whether to renew my season ticket for next season too... Not because of who we are deciding to play friendly's against though.

I WILL be renewing, that was the decision i came to.

Hope the weather is noce when we play Cleethorpes  :cool: :scarf:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 04, 2012, 05:33:09 pm by Red wizard »
Yeah, I'm not renewing my Season Ticket if we don't play a pre-season friendly against Armthorpe Welfare!  :huh:
Its not just the freindlys. There just seems to be alot of things adding up atm.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 04, 2012, 07:06:13 pm by RoversAlias »
The other local sides have had the lucrative friendly in recent seasons, why not give it to Cleethorpes this season? It isn't like it's in Devon is it?

The club is not obligated to do these matches and until about three seasons ago we never did them anyway. To say you might not renew your season ticket because of playing Cleethorpes in a friendly is the height of over the top nonsense.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2012, 07:37:07 pm by Red wizard »
I would rather we gave the support to a team in the Doncaster area. The money they make helps the survive. Now i don't want to see any team go to the wall but it would be better to keep the money more local.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2012, 08:05:59 pm by silent majority »
I would rather we gave the support to a team in the Doncaster area. The money they make helps the survive. Now i don't want to see any team go to the wall but it would be better to keep the money more local.

How do you know we are not going to? This has been tweeted by Armthorpe, nobody else, not even the clubs involved.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2012, 08:27:04 pm by Red wizard »
I don't know. But the tweets from the local clubs don't sound good. Its somthing and nothing i suppose.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2012, 12:08:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Askern could really do with the support at the minute,especially when some mindless little idiots have just damaged the ground causing twenty grand of damage,not just Askern though,what about Frickley,Bentley Colliery etc,they could organise loads with the local teams and just send a youth team with a few first teamers here and there,help the grass roots football,the money it can earn teams like that keeps them comfortable for a season or two!!
On the Cleethorpes game,just don't have the players training running through the sea,who knows what objects might float by :laugh:

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #13 on June 05, 2012, 12:23:55 am by Rovin Reporter »
It always pisses it down when we play these . and I end up
Going home by half time .

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2012, 08:57:05 am by SIRFRAN »
Would have thought the rovers might re-visit armthorpe with there appointment of Leo as manager recently! Would have been good to see!

I know the money from the rovers game saw armthorpe through the season, Having said that if any of our local non league teams need help its Askern! Been subject to vandals and mindless idiots ruining what the Askern committee are trying to achieve! The money from a friendly would help them re-build!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2012, 10:29:08 am by The Red Baron »
As we play Cleethorpes on Saturday 14th July (confirmed on their website btw) and Grimsby the following Tuesday, it makes me think that we may have a training camp planned for somewhere in the vicinity.

List of friendlies now reads:

Saturday 14th July- Cleethorpes Town (away) 3.00pm
Tuesday 17th July- Grimsby Town (away) 7.30pm
Saturday 21st July- Bradford Park Avenue (away) 3.00pm
Tuesday 24th July- Rotherham United (away) 7.45pm
Saturday 28th July- Sheffield Wednesday (home) 3.00pm
Saturday 4th August- Barnsley (home) 3.00pm

Scope for a few more games there, even if they are "Rovers XI"-type games with a mix of senior and youth players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012