Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:46:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No perception  (Read 3349 times)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
No perception
« on June 05, 2012, 02:41:50 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Why do some people who post on this forum have no perception of what the club is trying to do and only want to find the negative in everything?

Remember when we were bottom of the league on Christmas day in 2008. We couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and although we had played quite well in most games that season, there was a very real chance we were going to be relegated later that season.

But we didn't get relegated. We stayed up, punched above our weight and continued to do so for three years. Ultimately, things weren't meant to be and we have now fallen back to our natural position in football in the lower leagues, but can't we accept that and look towards the future now in League One.

Constant criticism of the manager and/or individuals who have served this club in the past is going to get us nowhere. I know our club sometimes leave a lot to be desired with the way they do things off the pitch and they have probably isolated people with some bad decision making at times, but it is done now and the past cannot be altered. If some individuals want to treat our club with contempt then that is their choice, but the rest of us are moving on with life and accepting the rough with the smooth.

People wanting an apology is ridiculous. Why do you want an apology for watching us play the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds United, Wolves and West Brom in the last four years?

Having been a Rovers fan since the 1980's, I was no great advocate of the McKay scheme and didn't like the way JR foistered him upon us. It comes as no surprise to learn that McKay has now disappeared and doesn't want anything to do with us anymore, but what we need to do now is us to support our club.

We may be back where we belong in the lower leagues, but our dream will only ever be over when individuals who have been spoiled with success in the last few years throw their teddy out the pram and ridiculously disown us, because their demands have not been met.

Shame on you if you are one of those people!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: No perception
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2012, 03:41:17 pm by Wellred »
I think you have hit the nail on the head in your last paragraph.

For those of us old enough to remember, we have just gone down a snake. We will climb a few ladders soon though.

WorcestershireDan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2012, 04:12:27 pm by WorcestershireDan »
 :clapping:Well said  Alan-Rover
I remember the late 60`s and 70`s and crowds of 1500/2000 but it was still my team,so I am grateful for our success over the last years.
Real supporters will always be there good times and bad, whatever division we are in. So please, be proud to be a Rover (ALWAYS) :clapping:  :rtid:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2012, 04:35:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
Why do some people who post on this forum have no perception of what the club is trying to do and only want to find the negative in everything?

What exactly are the club trying to do then? You seem to know. I dont. Both SO'D (in the latter part of his reign) and now Saunders, haven't been helped by the club/board. The only thing it looks like to me that the club is doing, is trying to alienate and the divide the supporters with their amateur decision making. If i'm correct and that is what they are trying to do, then they are doing a fantastic job!

People wanting an apology is ridiculous. Why do you want an apology for watching us play the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds United, Wolves and West Brom in the last four years?

Why is it ridiculous? You dont want an apology I understand that, but there will be others (i'm one of them) who DO want an apology and feel it is warranted. Not an apology for getting us into a position where we can compete with the West Ham's, Newcastle's and Leeds of  the world (which I for one, will always be grateful for) but for last seasons disatrous decision making and strategy which not only let themselves down, but let the supporters down massively. They made big mistakes and i've always thought people should apologies when a mistake is made. The club are just burying their heads in the sand. Apologies and move on.

Having been a Rovers fan since the 1980's, I was no great advocate of the McKay scheme and didn't like the way JR foistered him upon us. It comes as no surprise to learn that McKay has now disappeared and doesn't want anything to do with us anymore, but what we need to do now is us to support our club.

It was always going to end that way i'm afraid... Few could see it, the club were not one of those. I think we are all supporting the club, whether you're anti-Saunders or pro-Saunders, I think we are all hoping and praying that next season he has a good un and we do well.

I agree with you on the point about constantly criticising the manager... People will argue that he's not done much right while he's been here... But I cant see where he's done much wrong.

Here's to L1 next season and (hopefully) a successful year under the guidance of Deano!!  :rtid: :scarf:

:chair:

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2012, 06:10:25 pm by Alan_Rovers »
So what exactly do you want an apology for? Willie McKay is long gone and won't be coming near our club again in the future. I don't think he helped us at all, but neither did the injury list or even the hard pitch, which is well beyond the control of the board? Things were going wrong 18 months ago with SO'D and have continued to go wrong now that Saunders is manager. Do you want an apology from them too? Or are you just blaming the board because it is easier.

The past cannot be changed, no matter how many fingers people like you want to point. Our Championship days are over and that can either be accepted honorably so that we can move on with supporting our football club, or you can continue wallowing for an apology that will only serve to pander your own ego and self needs.

From my first game as a Rovers fan it took 25 years to reach the higher divisions. For many like you, who display a lack of gratitude, I suspect it was a lot less. It may be a long time before we ever return to a higher division, but if everyone shared the same apathy and content about the club like you do, it will be a considerably harder challenge trying to even come close to promotion ever again.

Please accept the past for what it is and get on with supporting our club.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2012, 06:59:45 pm by drfc1951 »
I might be wrong, but i dont recall supporters wanting an apology from Richardson and Weaver.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2012, 07:28:17 pm by Barmby Rover »
They just wanted them to go, they would not have expected an aplogy from those crooks.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 07, 2012, 07:24:43 am by dickos1 »
The club is trying to alienate the fans?? What garbage currently the club are involving the supporters more than ever before

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 07, 2012, 08:35:39 am by Filo »

Why is it ridiculous? You dont want an apology I understand that, but there will be others (i'm one of them) who DO want an apology and feel it is warranted. Not an apology for getting us into a position where we can compete with the West Ham's, Newcastle's and Leeds of  the world (which I for one, will always be grateful for) but for last seasons disatrous decision making and strategy which not only let themselves down, but let the supporters down massively. They made big mistakes and i've always thought people should apologies when a mistake is made. The club are just burying their heads in the sand. Apologies and move on.

Attend the fans forum, air your thoughts, and you never know, you might get one. Why should the club apologise to an anonymous internet username?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 07, 2012, 09:20:21 am by silent majority »
The club is trying to alienate the fans?? What garbage currently the club are involving the supporters more than ever before

Absolutely spot on! I can't recall how many times I've posted on this forum to explain what we are doing, what we have spoken about and how the club have sat and listened to what we've asked of them. And they've responded, in a much more positive way than I could have wished for.

The Forum for the Future, as I've stated before, is a great opportunity to put last season behind us, show that the club, both management and directors, are committed to putting things right. I suggested the forum to them towards the back end of last season, when Dave Morris was still running things, and it was considered but ultimately rejected. And I'm glad it was, because it would have been meaningless then, but now under the guidance of Gavin Baldwin, and with the results of the fans survey under our belts, we have something that means much more and will be welcomed by all Rovers fans.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 07, 2012, 09:54:19 am by Norfolk N Chance »

What exactly are the club trying to do then? You seem to know. I dont. Both SO'D (in the latter part of his reign) and now Saunders, haven't been helped by the club/board. The only thing it looks like to me that the club is doing, is trying to alienate and the divide the supporters with their amateur decision making. If i'm correct and that is what they are trying to do, then they are doing a fantastic job!

It was always going to end that way i'm afraid... Few could see it, the club were not one of those. I think we are all supporting the club, whether you're anti-Saunders or pro-Saunders, I think we are all hoping and praying that next season he has a good un and we do well.

I agree with you on the point about constantly criticising the manager... People will argue that he's not done much right while he's been here... But I cant see where he's done much wrong.

Here's to L1 next season and (hopefully) a successful year under the guidance of Deano!!  :rtid: :scarf:

You are the reason why people are fed up - always being negative !

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 07, 2012, 01:10:16 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

I think he's took over from me ;)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 07, 2012, 01:11:55 pm by donnyroversfc »

It's not being negative, it's being real! Can't be positive about something that isn't positive Norfolk.

I think you are the reason why people are fed up - always being deluded ! Mr. Stevie Wonder i like to call you  :)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 07, 2012, 04:03:00 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Donnyroversfc, why can't you accept that what happened last season is now over and we have a fresh chapter ahead of us, instead of focusing entirely on the negative aspects?

Many of us found it hard to be positive last season as we were punching well above our weight in a division where we were struggling. From your posts what I have read I'm assuming you were entirely negative towards the McKay project and possibly wanted it to fail. I was no great advocate of the scheme myself, but the positive to draw from the experience is that it is now over and we have a fresh chapter of our clubs history lying ahead in League One.

People like you, who seem to want to gloat at the manner in which we have failed, make my blood boil. We need to rebuild and look ahead instead of turning over old ground in the appalling manner that you do. Nothing is going to change what happened last season, but support from the likes of yourself in the future may effect the finances and direction of our future.

RTID.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 07, 2012, 04:09:04 pm by donnyroversfc »
I'm not gloating Alan and yes i DID want it to fail... Only because if it did (which it has ofcourse) then it wouldn't be continued.

The negative aspects are continuing, mainly with our manager not getting backed yet again and getting left hung out to dry to face the music with the fans!

If anyone is going to affect the direction of the clubs future then it's not me! That buck will fall on the board again. I hope i am wrong this time, but i can see the board totally messing up this upcoming season too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012