Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:45:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An interesting consequence...  (Read 60537 times)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: An interesting consequence...
« Reply #210 on June 16, 2012, 05:33:16 pm by Chris »
My God man, they'll be sending you out to solve the Middle East Crisis next! Racism in football, easy, let's just kick it out. Unemployment? Give 'em a job. Debt crisis? Print some more money...

This thread began with a very pertinent post recognising that the fan base is divided. Let me remind you:

"I believe the club sold 10 years work, values and reputation down the line in less than a week. I continue to be sufficiently disappointed to believe that it will be impossible, in my lifetime, to reignite the passion and the pride that was shattered by the events of last October. But that's just one side of the continuing conflict isn't it?"

Don't you see you can't cure a problem like that with platitudes. Those who resent the very presence of Saunders will never accept him unless he has us knocking on the door of the Premiership (as was promised on his arrival) - that's what he was brought in to do.

Heaven forbid he has a bad start to next season because there will be a bloodbath.

We need to be absolutely realistic and accept that next season will see reduced attendances even if we do well. Folk are disillusioned with the club and the way things have been handled. It's not because we were relegated but the circumstances under which it happened. Folk who predicted the 'experiment' was a huge error of judgement and were subsequently proved right.

There will be bitterness surrounding the club and Saunders until a clean break is made because if he has a bad run you will get a flood of 'We told you so' posts. If he does well you'll get another bunch of supporters crowing 'WE told you so'. And if we have a mediocre start - remember this is the guy who himself said, 'There is nothing worse than just floating half way up the league' - then both factions will be unhappy. Especially if we're playing hoofball which I suspect is what awaits.

Wake up and see the bigger picture - it doesn't matter if you love the guy or hate him, whatever happens on the pitch will rip the club apart. It's time for the Chairman to rip up the script and get rid. Let's appoint a manager through the due and proper process, forget the past and start over again from scratch. It won't matter so much then how we perform and only then will there ever be any chance of harmony and cohesion among supporters.

If you want to get behind this manager, then by all means do so, but don't expect EVERYONE to follow you like a herd of sheep because that's simply not going to happen. Plenty on here were calling for SOD's head when he had a near identical run of results to that which Saunders has now had yet those same folk cannot possibly be happy with Saunders yet the blame is constantly pushed at those who respected SOD.

It's not SOD versus Saunders, it's fan group versus fan group and cannot be reconciled. That's why he has to go.

I think the best clean break we could have would be for you to SOD off to Crawley instead of posting on here with your constant drivel and rubbish.

Oh God, hahaha!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on June 16, 2012, 05:38:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
My God man, they'll be sending you out to solve the Middle East Crisis next! Racism in football, easy, let's just kick it out. Unemployment? Give 'em a job. Debt crisis? Print some more money...

This thread began with a very pertinent post recognising that the fan base is divided. Let me remind you:

"I believe the club sold 10 years work, values and reputation down the line in less than a week. I continue to be sufficiently disappointed to believe that it will be impossible, in my lifetime, to reignite the passion and the pride that was shattered by the events of last October. But that's just one side of the continuing conflict isn't it?"

Don't you see you can't cure a problem like that with platitudes. Those who resent the very presence of Saunders will never accept him unless he has us knocking on the door of the Premiership (as was promised on his arrival) - that's what he was brought in to do.

Heaven forbid he has a bad start to next season because there will be a bloodbath.

We need to be absolutely realistic and accept that next season will see reduced attendances even if we do well. Folk are disillusioned with the club and the way things have been handled. It's not because we were relegated but the circumstances under which it happened. Folk who predicted the 'experiment' was a huge error of judgement and were subsequently proved right.

There will be bitterness surrounding the club and Saunders until a clean break is made because if he has a bad run you will get a flood of 'We told you so' posts. If he does well you'll get another bunch of supporters crowing 'WE told you so'. And if we have a mediocre start - remember this is the guy who himself said, 'There is nothing worse than just floating half way up the league' - then both factions will be unhappy. Especially if we're playing hoofball which I suspect is what awaits.

Wake up and see the bigger picture - it doesn't matter if you love the guy or hate him, whatever happens on the pitch will rip the club apart. It's time for the Chairman to rip up the script and get rid. Let's appoint a manager through the due and proper process, forget the past and start over again from scratch. It won't matter so much then how we perform and only then will there ever be any chance of harmony and cohesion among supporters.

If you want to get behind this manager, then by all means do so, but don't expect EVERYONE to follow you like a herd of sheep because that's simply not going to happen. Plenty on here were calling for SOD's head when he had a near identical run of results to that which Saunders has now had yet those same folk cannot possibly be happy with Saunders yet the blame is constantly pushed at those who respected SOD.

It's not SOD versus Saunders, it's fan group versus fan group and cannot be reconciled. That's why he has to go.

I think the best clean break we could have would be for you to SOD off to Crawley instead of posting on here with your constant drivel and rubbish.

Oh God, hahaha!

Laughable load of f**king shit this really is!

Yes please go to Crawley!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on June 16, 2012, 05:41:45 pm by Chris »

Oh God, hahaha!

Laughable load of f***ing shit this really is!

Yes please go to Crawley!

Leave it, Derek.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on June 16, 2012, 05:44:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

This post is exactly why there are divisions within the fan base, a blatant refusal to accept the current manager, regardless of what happens in the current season!

Agree. The only ones who will refuse to accept Saunders even if we have a good season will be those who put their own agenda's before the future success of Doncaster Rovers in order of importance.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on June 16, 2012, 06:03:44 pm by Wellred »
Dead right mate. Dead right.

Some folk won't ever get used to having Saunders around and as for me personally I can't wait for the day he leaves. He's only here because he's part of JR's ridiculous experiment and as such should have been discarded when it was abandoned. Whatever possessed him to throw 3-year contracts around I'll never know.

There. Happy?

I suppose f*** off to Crawley is better than f*** off to Leeds but in that single post by the guru that is Wellred we can see the problem I outlined precisely. Our way or the highway. Well, tell you what, that's me not spending a penny on the Rovers till we play Crawley.

In the words of the dragons, I'm out.

Well done!

No can someone tell me how I log out of this site, please?

That has to be the best post in years. Yesssssssssssssssss

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on June 16, 2012, 06:12:41 pm by wilts rover »

What a load of tosh. Plenty of people on here were calling for SOD's head for 2 years after he was appointed - for the reason he wasn't Kevin Keegan. Have you forgotten the humble pie? The fanbase hasn't been united (over the manager) since Penney left - if they ever were then.

I take it you were not at West Ham away? That was the best performance I have ever seen from a Rovers team and if Dean Saunders can get them playing like that each week there wont be many people against him. Like you I have my doubts if he can - but John Ryan is going to give him the opportunity so I am fully behind him for that.

Football is a game of opinions - and my opinion is that if you want your team to fail - for whatever reason - then you are not a supporter and ought to consider whether you should be posting on a forum for them.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on June 16, 2012, 06:16:53 pm by donnybez »
I respect some of the points you make, but this concept of ditching Saunders is unworkable. It costs money we simply cannot afford as a club. Saunders might have been the puppet of MacKay like so many believe, I wouldnt know as I dont know anybody closely linked to the club, but MacKay who everyone believes to be the new Richardson or enemy of the club has left the club and Saunders can now freely do things as he wishes. Now I appreciate you feel he should go after last seasons failure but lets face it, we brought him in with a huge handicap against the club in terms of league position and points, and he did a commendable job in keeping us within fair distance. In a division that historically has been too far for us.

Lets just give the guy a chance at a reasonable level for our club and see what he does. JR clearly trusts in him and the guy has a decent record with making good decisions so lets give Saunders a chance and see if now we're not fighting relegation if the style is improved.

I supported SOD but now I support DS and I'll support anyone behind that desk or on that pitch because its my club in that moment that counts. Im glad to be bickering about the choice of manager then what could have been back in the 90's

RTID

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on June 16, 2012, 06:49:02 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Dead right mate. Dead right.

Some folk won't ever get used to having Saunders around and as for me personally I can't wait for the day he leaves. He's only here because he's part of JR's ridiculous experiment and as such should have been discarded when it was abandoned. Whatever possessed him to throw 3-year contracts around I'll never know.

There. Happy?

I suppose f*** off to Crawley is better than f*** off to Leeds but in that single post by the guru that is Wellred we can see the problem I outlined precisely. Our way or the highway. Well, tell you what, that's me not spending a penny on the Rovers till we play Crawley.

In the words of the dragons, I'm out.

Well done!

No can someone tell me how I log out of this site, please?

That has to be the best post in years. Yesssssssssssssssss

This fan real?

in nearly two decades of posting never heard so much crap in my life..

A supporter I dont think!

Good riddance!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on June 16, 2012, 06:55:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Donnybob

" I can't wait for the day he leaves."

I'm afraid that this, in a nutshell, sums up the argument.

Personally, being a naive romantic, I can't wait for the day that he turns out to be a phenomenal second coming of Clough and leads us to the Premier League. If he ends up getting fired, I'll be thoroughly pissed off because we'll be struggling.

On the other hand there are several, apparently thoroughly intelligent people in here who would rather us struggle than be proved wrong in their opinions.

Funny old game.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:57:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on June 16, 2012, 07:38:21 pm by drfc1951 »
Do certain posters who have an agenda, want to try and force JR to retire because of all the shit they post on here.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on June 16, 2012, 08:37:59 pm by drfcsteve »
One of the big problems with this forum is that there are certain people (you know who you are) who will never admit they are wrong, no matter what the facts are, purely because they are too stubborn (or stupid).

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on June 16, 2012, 08:51:44 pm by Wellred »
Don't you think we have reached a point where its not about being right or wrong?  With either facts or opinions (Not quite the same although certain posters do not know the difference)
Its about moving on.
It seems some people just cannot move on no matter what.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on June 16, 2012, 10:58:59 pm by BobG »
I see Wellread is upto his usual high standard of informed analysis and erudition. Pillock.

More to the point, Filo, my old mate. You are right. That was the point of my very first post that started this thread. And doesn't that tell us all something really rather important?  This is too visceral an issue, too emotional a subject, for some people to simply 'accept the current manager' as you suggested. To some, he is the bright new future. He is the beacon of hope. of progress. But to others he symbolises the crassness, the foolishness and the viciousness that began last October. He symbolises the destruction of values that were worth supporting, a club that made us proud.

And that is why Donnybob is spot on. No matter what results Rovers achieve next season, the split amongst the supporters has a long way to run yet. That, my friend, is why Saunders should go. A house divided you know ... That is something that the KM2 realy should have thought through before they stuck their knife in JR's back. You know full well too that the Big House in the Boardroom is divided as well. So the sooner this boil is lanced, the better for everybody concerned.

BobG

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on June 16, 2012, 11:21:51 pm by Wellred »
I see Wellread is upto his usual high standard of informed analysis and erudition. Pillock.

More to the point, Filo, my old mate. You are right. That was the point of my very first post that started this thread. And doesn't that tell us all something really rather important?  This is too visceral an issue, too emotional a subject, for some people to simply 'accept the current manager' as you suggested. To some, he is the bright new future. He is the beacon of hope. of progress. But to others he symbolises the crassness, the foolishness and the viciousness that began last October. He symbolises the destruction of values that were worth supporting, a club that made us proud.

And that is why Donnybob is spot on. No matter what results Rovers achieve next season, the split amongst the supporters has a long way to run yet. That, my friend, is why Saunders should go. A house divided you know ... That is something that the KM2 realy should have thought through before they stuck their knife in JR's back. You know full well too that the Big House in the Boardroom is divided as well. So the sooner this boil is lanced, the better for everybody concerned.

BobG

Why don't you follow Donnybob to Crawley too as all you seem to want to do is criticise anyone who doesn't agree with Mr Know it all.

No matter what results Rovers achieve next season, the split amongst the supporters has a long way to run yet. That, my friend, is why Saunders should go.

So if we get promotion the Manager should be sacked. You do talk rubbish.

I am sure Doncaster Rovers would be much better off without you. What a sanctimonious prat you really are.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:28:43 pm by Wellred »

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on June 17, 2012, 12:04:49 am by Norfolk N Chance »

BobG

Spot on ....?

Problem is people dont move on and always NEGATIVE!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on June 17, 2012, 12:08:21 am by Chris »
When people say "move on", what you really mean is "pipe down and stop disagreeing with me".

Na.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on June 17, 2012, 12:20:28 am by Norfolk N Chance »
When people say "move on", what you really mean is "pipe down and stop disagreeing with me".

Na.

Ok lets rip the club apart...

You know what part of me whats JR to leave and the rest of the board...

I wouldnt blame them one bit ....then see where it gets us, cos tell you what there wont be anyone that would put up this constant moaning!

You have a club and board to be proud of and we still talk about an experiment that was born out of desperation to keep our championship and not go meekly down.

How can we compete with the likes of Leicester / Readings money, the crowds of Leeds (cos half Doncaster still support them) etc etc  .

You want someone to blame, blame apathy !

Like say careful what you wish for!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on June 17, 2012, 12:23:21 am by Chris »

Na.

I wouldnt blame them one bit ....then see where it gets us, cos tell you what there wont be anyone that would put up this constant moaning!

You have a club and board to be proud of and we still talk about an experiment that was born out of desperation to keep our championship and not go meekly down.

How can we compete with the likes of Leicester / Readings money, the crowds of Leeds (cos half Doncaster still support them) etc etc  .

That's a pretty big and illogical leap from me disagreeing with some of the board's decisions to wanting rid of John Ryan and the board.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on June 17, 2012, 12:29:45 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Na.

That's a pretty big and illogical leap from me disagreeing with some of the board's decisions to wanting rid of John Ryan and the board.

General point I make is people dont move on which you dont seem to like....

Constantly moaning about the involvement of Dean/ Mckay etc etc

In essence they are disagreeing with the board as they make the decisions inc JR?

illogical is it?

Mention of protests at Xmas when I spoke to people why most didnt know and based on media perceptions..

McKay said exactly how it was in the media ...most people in Doncaster support other clubs and how could they compete with Leicester etc etc

He is right and that is why the experiment was right !

Of course their was mistakes and some of it was ill thought out at times but you learn from mistakes

SO LETS MOVE ON!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:37:22 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on June 17, 2012, 12:36:32 am by Chris »

Na.

In essence they disagreeing with the board they make the decisions inc JR?

illogical is it?

Mention of protests at Xmas when I spoke to people why most didnt know and based on media perceptions..

McKay said exactly how it was in the media ...most Doncaster support other clubs and how could they compete with Leicester etc etc

Of course their was mistakes and some of it was ill thought out at times but you learn from mistakes

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Move on from what exactly? This thread was about the split the decision to sack O'Driscoll has caused so it's hardly surprising that O'Driscoll has been discussed. People tend to spout the "move on" rubbish even when people claim that they don't rate Saunders as a good manager. How can you move on from a judgement of the club's current manager?

Also, it's probably worth noting that the communication between the club and the fans has been disgracefully poor since the September episode. That may be why there's still so much ill-feeling towards the club at the moment as a result of this farce.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on June 17, 2012, 12:38:39 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Na.

illogical is it?

McKay said exactly how it was in the media ...most Doncaster support other clubs and how could they compete with Leicester etc etc

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Move on from what exactly? This thread was about the split the decision to sack O'Driscoll has caused so it's hardly surprising that O'Driscoll has been discussed. People tend to spout the "move on" rubbish even when people claim that they don't rate Saunders as a good manager. How can you move on from a judgement of the club's current manager?

Also, it's probably worth noting that the communication between the club and the fans has been disgracefully poor since the September episode. That may be why there's still so much ill-feeling towards the club at the moment as a result of this farce.

Dont you think the fans forum is all about this?

Trust you are going?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on June 17, 2012, 12:46:42 am by Chris »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

Well as it's called "Forum for the future" and with comments on here suggesting anyone who mentions Sean O'Driscoll should be heckled out of the room then no, I don't think that's what it's all about. Also, a meeting 9 months after an event is hardly sufficient.

I will not be attending.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on June 17, 2012, 12:49:29 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

Well as it's called "Forum for the future" and with comments on here suggesting anyone who mentions Sean O'Driscoll should be heckled out of the room then no, I don't think that's what it's all about. Also, a meeting 9 months after an event is hardly sufficient.

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

SO you you have to voice your opinions and you moan about it !

SOD - Why the best manger in the clubs history?

Its how you put your point over my friend!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on June 17, 2012, 12:52:26 am by Chris »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

I was going to point out that I am unable to attend as I live at the other end of the country but I thought I'd see if you jumped to a wrong conclusion to suit your argument.

"PMSL"...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on June 17, 2012, 12:53:52 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

I was going to point out that I am unable to attend as I live at the other end of the country but I thought I'd see if you jumped to a wrong conclusion to suit your argument.

"PMSL"...

I see you all your posts are a wind up then...

Ok so you dont really moan then??

You little tinker you!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on June 17, 2012, 12:55:30 am by BobG »

I am sure Doncaster Rovers would be much better off without you. What a sanctimonious prat you really are.
[/quote]

With folk of your stunning intellectual incapacity there's not many other ways to speak tbh. That comment displays not only your inherent inability to think but also your total ignorance of just what I represent. And what I've done. And that's a damn sight more than you've ever done for the Rovers you silly, pathetic man.

BobG

PS And doesn't this graphically display, absolutely, the whole point of this thread? As I said before, QED.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on June 17, 2012, 12:55:48 am by Chris »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

"PMSL"...

You little tinker you!

Time for you to stop posting. Or lay off the beers.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on June 17, 2012, 12:57:15 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

"PMSL"...

You little tinker you!

Now being offensive are we ...Ill do what I want thanks!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on June 17, 2012, 01:00:19 am by Chris »

Na.

illogical is it?

SO LETS MOVE ON!

Trust you are going?

I will not be attending.

PMSL 

"PMSL"...

You little tinker you!

Now being offensive are we ...Ill do what I want thanks!

Le sigh..

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on June 17, 2012, 01:08:56 am by MachoMadness »
Right. The argument is that Saunders has divided the fans, and so he must go, correct? What makes you think the fans who support (or slate, for that matter) Saunders will instantly accept any new manager that comes in? Won't sacking Saunders cause yet another division amongst the fans, those who wanted him to stay and those who wanted him gone, AND then those who still pine for SO'D to come back too. I'm not seeing how sacking another manager solves ANY of the problems the fanbase has. Bob's theory is a contradiction in terms. Just because some fans don't want Saunders there, doesn't mean sacking him will make every fan happy. To suggest this is asinine.

Why can't we just let him have a close season to build a squad of his own, and at least wait until we've kicked a ball before saying he's got to go? He's making signings so he's obviously not getting sacked - why bother with demanding him to be gone?

Also, can people maybe take 5 seconds to edit posts they're quoting so I don't have to read a massive tower of quotes for a three word response, it makes everything hard to follow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012