Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:36:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An interesting consequence...  (Read 60519 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: An interesting consequence...
« Reply #270 on June 19, 2012, 01:25:01 pm by Filo »
Going no where me!

That's a huge shame.

Saunders out!!!!

As I`ve posted yesterday, deliberate trolling will be deleted, no explanations will be given, this applies to any one else who tries to wind folk up, it`s time the users reclaimed this forum from the trolls!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on June 20, 2012, 12:20:13 am by BobG »
Is this thread a record? Right now I imagine one of the 'Billy Sharp Sign's' threads will have attracted more views and contributions - but I can't remember any others, particularly when, despite the attempts of a few numpties,  the discussion is an exercise in judgement, intelligence, pattern recognition and experience.

There's been some extremely well argued posts on here. Congrats to everyone making them. They've given me alternatives to ponder, ideas to reflect on and insights I wasn't previously aware of. Thank you all.

BobG
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:28:20 am by Filo »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on June 20, 2012, 08:07:02 am by Bentley Bullet »
Sometimes I wonder if supporting Rovers is worth it. Not because of times like this when we’ve just been relegated, God knows I’ve experienced enough such times over the years to know it’s all part and parcel of the game. It’s because I don’t want to share my club with some of the posters on here.  It’s hard to accept an affinity with them.

I’m not necessarily referring to those whose literary skills let them down. Possibly a more serious problem is caused by those who are more skilled at putting their point across, especially when they use gobbledygook to camouflage an otherwise unimpressive post.

I’m convinced that some of the more literate posters on here could argue a point for both sides of an argument with equal precision. This is all well and good until it influences some of the more gullible people amongst us.

The more literate posters on here should consider it their duty to show more responsibility towards those forum users who are susceptible to influence.

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on June 20, 2012, 10:34:14 am by sf9944 »
Very well and diplomatically put BB.  I feel that some of the posters you refer to are more interested in making themselves look clever and more 'in the know' on all things Rovers.  The tone of their posts is often patronising in the extreme and I believe their contributions are more self serving than Rovers serving.  I wonder if some are trying to maintain dwindling reputations as Rovers oracles and part-saviours by promoting division on here?

Yes and I know this is a forum and is here for the purposes of debate and to give people the opportunity to express opinion but at the end of the day surely we only bother to log in every day because we care about this club. Everyone has now had the chance to have their say about the events of last season.  Mistakes were made but can't we please now look to the future and move on.  Not even the most negative person in the world could fail to see the positive steps this club is now making in terms of operating in a proper business-like manner.  I can't remember that happening before....who knows where it might take us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on June 20, 2012, 11:31:54 am by dickos1 »
Good post bob, we don't always agree but I do enjoy listening to your points of view, and you do give things to ponder.
As for madmick he stopped winding me up 6 months ago, now just feel sorry for him.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on June 20, 2012, 10:28:36 pm by BobG »
I must be going blind. Too much you know what :) I could have sworn I posted a msg last night thanking almost everyone for their thoughts and contributions to this thread and saying that I found it all very instructive and helpful. I think, Dickos, you are even referring to it in the post above? So where the hell has my post gone? I can't find it!

Cheers all

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on June 20, 2012, 10:57:49 pm by Filo »
As promised earlier in the thread Bob, your post contained a dig at one poster in particular, so I removed it and any other subsiquent threads having digs at others, if you`d like me to restore that post without the dig then I`ll do it, but like I said point scoring by having digs at others are going to be monitored and deleted if necessary from whichever side of the fence you sit, I did also say that posts will be deleted without explanation, but in this case i`ve made an execption, I won`t explain my actions over and over again, we can have our debates and disagreements without the childish games just the same. Time to make the forum readable again

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on June 20, 2012, 11:07:50 pm by mushRTID »
As promised earlier in the thread Bob, your post contained a dig at one poster in particular, so I removed it and any other subsiquent threads having digs at others, if you`d like me to restore that post without the dig then I`ll do it, but like I said point scoring by having digs at others are going to be monitored and deleted if necessary from whichever side of the fence you sit, I did also say that posts will be deleted without explanation, but in this case i`ve made an execption, I won`t explain my actions over and over again, we can have our debates and disagreements without the childish games just the same. Time to make the forum readable again

Christ, there will hardly be any posts left on here!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on June 20, 2012, 11:24:13 pm by silent majority »
Definitely necessary though.

Lets reclaim some sense and sensibility.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on June 20, 2012, 11:29:33 pm by Red wizard »
Got to agree. Its become a joke at times on here. Every thread turns into a slagging match. We done mods.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on June 20, 2012, 11:48:01 pm by BobG »
:):) Filo!

OK. NP. I do think the guy is a plank and I am sick of his stupid digs at a lot of other people on here, but ok. Point taken. Thank you for the explanation. If you could restore my post without the naughtiness, that would be great. I did wnat tosay thank you to all the people who have thohght, long and hard in some cases, contributed (is it a record yet?!) and broadened both my knowledge and my outlook.

Cheers everyone

BobG

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on June 21, 2012, 12:13:29 am by Norfolk N Chance »
:):) Filo!

OK. NP. I do think the guy is a plank and I am sick of his stupid digs at a lot of other people on here, but ok. Point taken. Thank you for the explanation. If you could restore my post without the naughtiness, that would be great. I did wnat tosay thank you to all the people who have thohght, long and hard in some cases, contributed (is it a record yet?!) and broadened both my knowledge and my outlook.

Cheers everyone

BobG

BobG
NNC here

cheers

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on June 21, 2012, 12:36:20 am by Bentley Bullet »
WTFYOA?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012