Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:48:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Change of colours with money investment...  (Read 7635 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Re: Change of colours with money investment...
« Reply #30 on June 06, 2012, 07:48:44 pm by southwestexile »
given that it's half-term that sounds like a good deal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 06, 2012, 07:54:16 pm by RedJ »
You'll all be selling your kids next for 10 boxes of fairy liquid.

well times are tough ;)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 06, 2012, 08:44:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Not just the change of kit, they moved the logo as well. Wouldn't be happy with that at all, even if it did link towards us in somehow. The viking is us

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 06, 2012, 08:47:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not just the change of kit, they moved the logo as well. Wouldn't be happy with that at all, even if it did link towards us in somehow. The viking is us

If we'd have been as resistant to change in the past, we wouldn't have the Viking badge now. I remember the one we had before it...and also the one we had when they couldn't use it.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 06, 2012, 08:57:19 pm by glosterred »

The viking badge is not something that has been around since the Rovers came into being - it only stems from back in the early 70's late 60's and before then we had a white rose for a while and the towns coat of arms as well. I remember the thunder cat - now that was naff.

COYR - or blues, or greens, or whites, or yellows or whatever colour and whatever badge

pubteam

« Reply #35 on June 07, 2012, 12:06:01 am by pubteam »
Not if it was in the same circumstances as Cardiff, with someone with no connection to the club doing it. Simply because that sets a dangerous precedent for things to be altered. Where are they going to stop? Will the club be renamed? Will it even be moved away from Cardiff?

If it was somebody like JR changing the colours and badge to 'rebrand' the club, I don't think I'd object to it, because he's unlikely to do anything stupid. But when it's a Malaysian investor or something doing it who doesn't know the first thing about the traditions and values of football, it's a dangerous game.

He already has done, in the Conference we changed from red to all white then back to red again, and he also changed the club badge to that shite Thundercats thing when he fell out with the Supporter's Club over the copyright to the Viking badge.

Exactly. And everyone supported it because they knew he wasn't going to do anything stupid in addition.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 07, 2012, 01:28:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The Cardiff situation is just the start on the long slippery round to wiping away they're identity,they've sold their soul for an ounce of Old Holburn!!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 08, 2012, 07:15:47 pm by Standanista »
Our original colours were blue, yellow and white, for the record.  Granted, the cap bobble was red; Albert Jenkins said at the time that that bobble was the start of a slippery slope.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Doncaster_Rovers/Doncaster_Rovers.htm

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 08, 2012, 07:19:47 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Doncaster Rovers I support not the kit, dont see what issues are too be honest!

Fickle football fans!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 08, 2012, 08:26:07 pm by Standanista »
The viking badge is not something that has been around since the Rovers came into being - it only stems from back in the early 70's late 60's and before then we had a white rose for a while and the towns coat of arms as well.
Wasn't the whole "Vikings" nickname coined as part of some commercial relationship, a long time after 1879?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 09, 2012, 12:18:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Anybody remember when the club changed the badge to a Panther in the Conference days,i can't remember anybody who said they liked it!.
Same here Norfolk i support the team,but the colours and traditions should always be saved in any club,the foreign owners just think of it as a business opportunities and nothing else,that's why i'm really glad we've got a guy who has the clubs best interests at heart :scarf:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 09, 2012, 02:24:41 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Doncaster Rovers I support not the kit, dont see what issues are too be honest!....

How would you feel about us being called Racing Doncaster, Yorkshire Dons etc?

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 09, 2012, 08:44:33 am by Ian H »
League football is all about rich men's toys. Either you want success at any price or you learn to live with what your "rich man" can afford.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 09, 2012, 08:55:20 am by Crowle Rover »

Quite liked the "graphic hoops" early to mid 90's

TinyPortal © 2005-2012