Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:47:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 18th june meeting  (Read 5824 times)

tuffty

• Forum Member
18th june meeting
« on June 07, 2012, 07:00:28 pm by tuffty »
How many of you are planning on going to the meeting?

I have enjoyed the previous nights what the club have put on so am looking forward to this one as well, we should also find out the future plans! what ever that might be.

:rtid: :scarf: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: 18th june meeting
« Reply #1 on June 07, 2012, 07:31:57 pm by Red wizard »
Got my tickets.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 07, 2012, 07:42:32 pm by RedJ »
I'm quite looking forward to this really. Got my ticket today.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 07, 2012, 07:46:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep, picked up 4 tickets today.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #4 on June 07, 2012, 08:17:28 pm by Rovin Reporter »
It seems a little cloak and dagger ! since when has a meeting with fans ever resulted in any change of aproach or out come . We are cash poor club who DO need better public relations so if it results in more fans coming on board the I'm all for that . But it usually means more jam tomorrow and dry bread for today.   We have been spoiled in the Championship and anything less than a short trip back will have a negitive out come so J/R and co must be aware that to survive long term we have to get back up . So it beggers the question why he needs this meeting ,so let's face fax it won't all be good news or he'd be shouting it long before then as the man loves publicity  .
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:07:53 pm by Rovin Reporter »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 07, 2012, 11:27:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
I am really, really concerned about this. Past experience indicates that attendees will overwhelmingly be moaning halfwits without two brain cells to rub together, who will dominate the meeting with hugely negative and ill-informed comments/attacks on the Board. These fools are not representative of the Rovers' fanbase but my money would be on poor JR walking away from this event feeling massively depressed by the same idiots who think it was at all sustainable to expect the Board to be shovelling in 3-4 million of their own money year in, year out to cover our losses. We need to face reality - we have x coming into the club and x should be our budget. I hope the meeting is about how we can enhance our income or how we can prioritise our spending to reflect common goals between Board and fans - not fantasies about fictional millions that the day release crew think should be shoved in by Ryan and the KM2.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:29:50 pm by Chris_Black_come_back »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 08, 2012, 01:07:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We badly need some more investors to help JR,the fella has pumped millions into the club and not for profit,he hasn't got the cash of the billionaires to keep doing it,and upto now has done a great job,the club somehow has to become more self sufficient,a good youth system would help with that,obviously more fans in,who knows us getting relegated might have the opposite effect that were expecting,and some of the stay away's might come back,it's not always that they were glory hunters,sometimes it's just many can't afford to go money wise,a club like Crewe strike me as something similar to what we want to be,but obviously not dropping down to League 2 like they did,i'm a massive admirer of how they are run,we need to be long term build on concrete not sand-COME ON YOU REDS!! :rtid:

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 08, 2012, 01:10:44 am by Alan_Rovers »
I think this meeting may prove to be underwhelming in its content, but moreover it is that it is clear to see the club is wanting to interact with supporters once again and take our ideas on board.

Under the previous regime with Dave Morris I think the club lost its direction and that close knit relationship with our supporters. So even though we are at a low ebb following the events of last season, it is good to see the club going back to basics and attempting to rally supporters so that we can put the past behind us and look towards our future.

Anyone who has supported for this club for a period longer than the last ten years will understand that we were never going to maintain our place in the Championship. The only shame is a lot of younger supporters have thrown their teddies out the pram, because we are not as successful as we were when they probably started following us in the 2000's.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 08, 2012, 01:19:12 am by Viking Don »
Not sure you can throw the 'new supporter' syndrome out really Alan, it was JR who promised he'd get Rovers back into 'division 2' and he did just that. Well after tye year 2000, you must be  really old or just a miserable Kitson.

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 08, 2012, 10:53:11 am by tuffty »
i am just going with an open mind, don't think anybody in the real world is going to go there thinking they are going to announce a load of money is going to be thrown at it again, although like chris_Black_come _back puts it there may well be a number of day release crew there who have not got a brain cell between them, and if they did they would be dangerous!

;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 08, 2012, 06:40:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Chris you talk about negativity about half wits sharing a brain cell. You talk about a board who cannot afford to keep covering losses. You talk about reality.
Well let's not forget it was JR nearly year on year who has fuelled speculation. He let it be known about mouthwatering players, then we let Wellens and Mills go. The money we got covered part of the debt. Even before the championship we allowed Paul Green to leave, because we could not afford his wages. Let's go to the start of last season when JR said we would sign Six players and be fighting in the top half of the table. We could not afford to do that. He also said we will bounce straight back in the end of rthe season dinner. The reality is and has been for a long time we could not afford to keep going in the championship, but it was never accepted until the experiment this year by JR and or the board. Why have we lost 5,000 season ticket holders. Because one cost but also people have stopped being gullible. So these supports rs you talk about that are negative should not all be tarred with the same brush. Like you I hope the board tells it has it is. Stops blaming the supporters and accepts they created some of the problems themselves.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 08, 2012, 07:22:44 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Chris you talk about negativity about half wits sharing a brain cell. You talk about a board who cannot afford to keep covering losses. You talk about reality.
Well let's not forget it was JR nearly year on year who has fuelled speculation. He let it be known about mouthwatering players, then we let Wellens and Mills go. The money we got covered part of the debt. Even before the championship we allowed Paul Green to leave, because we could not afford his wages. Let's go to the start of last season when JR said we would sign Six players and be fighting in the top half of the table. We could not afford to do that. He also said we will bounce straight back in the end of rthe season dinner. The reality is and has been for a long time we could not afford to keep going in the championship, but it was never accepted until the experiment this year by JR and or the board. Why have we lost 5,000 season ticket holders. Because one cost but also people have stopped being gullible. So these supports rs you talk about that are negative should not all be tarred with the same brush. Like you I hope the board tells it has it is. Stops blaming the supporters and accepts they created some of the problems themselves.

They have created nothing and until you put your money in be grateful they cover the losses.

There is no new investment given the apathy of the local public, so I am grateful they are still interested.

How would you like to lose millions every year?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #12 on June 09, 2012, 05:47:17 pm by Rovin Reporter »
They spend but its all added to the accounts and put against tax due , so yes they send but it they want a return they need to get the overall value of the club to rise , that how they get their money back with the share value . Let's face it the clubs aver all value has dropped so its upto them ... Stick or bust.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 09, 2012, 07:55:14 pm by dickos1 »
Jr has lost a fortune on us, people moan about not spending money on season tickets because the club has let them down yet the same people criticise jr even though he has spent a small fortune on the club.
If you don't WANT to spend any money on the club then don't criticise somebody who has spent millions on it.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 09, 2012, 08:40:16 pm by SIRFRAN »
Jr has lost a fortune on us, people moan about not spending money on season tickets because the club has let them down yet the same people criticise jr even though he has spent a small fortune on the club.
If you don't WANT to spend any money on the club then don't criticise somebody who has spent millions on it.

Couldn't have put it better!

drfc_steve_rtid

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 10, 2012, 02:28:09 pm by drfc_steve_rtid »
Have got two tickets and will be there,  hopefully there wont be idiots moaning about mckay and the experiment , its in the past lets just all look forward to the future and how things are going to be changed for the better  :rtid:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 10, 2012, 04:42:12 pm by donnyroversfc »
Yep they are proper idiots if they moan about an arsehole who didn't help the club and only hindered us.

Idiots, i hate them!!11!!!!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 10, 2012, 07:46:48 pm by dickos1 »
What would it achieve to moan and whine about it at this meeting?? It's purpose is the future not to keep looking back and crying about the past?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 10, 2012, 08:45:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
What would it achieve to moan and whine about it at this meeting?? It's purpose is the future not to keep looking back and crying about the past?

Well said that man

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 10, 2012, 09:19:00 pm by Chris »
Yeah, why focus on the past? I mean, it's not important to learn from our mistakes or to even acknowledge our mistakes, is it?!

Very clever of those involved to call this a 'Forum for the future'. That offers some justification to the morons who call anyone who dares criticise past decision a t**t.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:22:23 pm by Chris »

drfc_steve_rtid

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 10, 2012, 09:34:55 pm by drfc_steve_rtid »
I agree that past mistakes need to be learned from otherwise they will keep happening,  but I don't see the point of people going over and over it all the time,  I think by now we all know what a mess it was

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 10, 2012, 09:39:57 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Surely the club has already acknowledged mistakes made in the recent past by calling a forum for the future in an attempt to create some enthusiasm and positive momentum ahead of next season? This would never have happened when Dave Morris was chief executive and it signals a positive stop forward after some turbulent times. The club is now engaging with supporters once again on a face to face basis, as opposed to having a distanced relationship with little communication and lots of mystery.

One thing that has always struck me about John Ryan is that he seems unable to accept constructive criticism of any sort. He made several poor decisions last season which impacted on our ability to compete in the Championship, but even still he doesn't need to apologise to anyone when you consider everything he has done for our club.

What he needs to do is accept that when some of us are being critical, we aren't having a dig at him personally and trying to provoke problems. We all have the best interests of the club at heart and don't want anything bad to happen again. If John Ryan learned to accept some criticism when it is justified and act upon it, then he would be a better chairman for it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 10, 2012, 10:20:51 pm by ravenrover »
JR is chairman of the club, the mouthpiece of the club he is no longer the owner, why does everyone lay all the problems of last season solely at JRs door? He had to come forward and give the views of the whole board, like it or not, not just his own so why vilify JR?
Having a go at JR as an individual is totally wrong so you can see why he gets upset when people criticise him as an individual. There are many people on the Board but when is any other individual other thanJR picked out for critiscim? Who ever complains about for example Stuart Highfield, who happened to be one of the best refs in the local leagues when I was playing, when things went wrong or any of the other lesser members, ie the ones without fat cheque books after the KM2 abandoned ship. And lets face it no-one KNOWS the real reason they decided to leave or their decision to return after we got control of ground!
Give over and get real would you accept it without a whimper if you were JR?

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 10, 2012, 11:25:11 pm by tuffty »

Well said mate.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 10, 2012, 11:30:44 pm by dickos1 »
Yeah, why focus on the past? I mean, it's not important to learn from our mistakes or to even acknowledge our mistakes, is it?!

Very clever of those involved to call this a 'Forum for the future'. That offers some justification to the morons who call anyone who dares criticise past decision a t**t.
Who said anything about not learning or acknowledging? It's been done to death. The new season is almost upon us, it would achieve nothing other than turn the meeting into a farce.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012