Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:41:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: robbie Blake  (Read 7777 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: robbie Blake
« Reply #30 on June 28, 2012, 01:00:33 am by newyankee »

Just shows what a lot of tossers the are at Oldham doesn't it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 28, 2012, 07:03:27 am by PaulRover08 »

Hey Alick, what about Beckham 37, Giggs 39 and Scholes 38, tell me ANY League One manager who, if offered one or all of these three would turn them down for a one year contract?

sorry to piss on your chips but Scholes wanted to end his career at Oldham as he always said he would and they turned him down!!! He went back to United instead!!

Where have you heard that shite? He never left United so how could he go back or be turned down elsewhere. He was coaching with United, hence maintaining his fitness when stepping back into playing action.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2012, 07:17:31 am by anton123 »
Robbie will defo surprise a few this year , may not start all the games but I think he will defo make n impact in L1 this year GREAT SIGNING !!!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2012, 09:21:40 am by Barmby Rover »
In his tenure with the Trotters, Blake made a total of 9 appearances and scored 1 goal. That goal came just 8 days after his debut, at the Reebok against one of his myriad former clubs, Birmingham City. His freekick ensured Bolton earned a 2-2 draw. And that was very much the climax of his Bolton stay. He was, admittedly, not one of Coyle's masterstrokes.

We wish nothing but the best to Robbie Blake at Doncaster.

Not my opinion, but that of Bolton fans, this is another where, like the "experiment" I raise eyebrows, wonder what thought process went on to make them think this was a good move and hope I am wrong.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2012, 10:53:47 am by RobTheRover »
To be fair,  Barmby,  fitting into a fluid,  fast Premiership style,  and a (again to be fair)  more limited L1 style are world's apart.

I'm actually enthused by that Trotters fans statement. We have someone finally who can get a free kick on target!

;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012