Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:40:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The 2 new signings  (Read 5771 times)

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
The 2 new signings
« on June 27, 2012, 07:06:40 pm by Mark Mccammon »
Am I the only one on here that is dusguted about the 2 signings? Hope they're are not being paid much.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
Re: The 2 new signings
« Reply #1 on June 27, 2012, 07:08:47 pm by CottyRover »
Seem so!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 27, 2012, 07:18:23 pm by MachoMadness »
Who should we be signing then?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 27, 2012, 07:21:43 pm by Donnybax »
What's wrong with cotterill? Blake is getting on but only got a years deal so not sure what the problem is

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 27, 2012, 07:34:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
Am I the only one on here that is dusguted about the 2 signings? Hope they're are not being paid much.

I for one have been asking the board for realism, so let's the supporters be real. Unless we lose two or three high wage earners we will not be signing players that you may believe we need. First we must be winning games at home to attract supporters. So let's hope Dean can build a team which can start to win games again. It not our god given right to bounce straight back. The two or three players should be staying really but the club cannot afford them.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 27, 2012, 07:42:48 pm by The_Rooky »
....I think some people need to get some realism into their lives. These seem like pretty good signings to me. In terms of Blake (and I'm not suggesting he's in the same class) but how old is Kevin Phillips at Blackpool. Did a very good job last season for them and scored some crucial goals. Robbie Blake could be used in a very similar way for us next season.
Some people only seem happy when they're unhappy.

Well done Rovers - particularly as these deals were pretty much done below the radar until the 11th (if not 12th) hour.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2012, 08:14:39 pm by dknward2 »
we are not a championship club any more we are a league one club

all the signings made i think will give us what we need youth players maxted, ball, wakefield etc given time could be great

syers and cotterill have a point to prove and robbie blake having dropped down leagues will to just to show he has still got it and if he can help bring some youth players though   

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2012, 09:07:38 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Another troll....please delete this total b*llocks

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2012, 09:15:41 pm by ferribyrover »
Not disgusted or even dusgusted but not thrilled either.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 27, 2012, 09:34:32 pm by Woodhead Passer »
WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED MESSI YET?  :headbang:

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 27, 2012, 09:40:38 pm by Tazemma »
Our miserable lot would complain if we did sign Messi. He's not big enough,he scores too many goals.
I actually think Cotterill is a decent signing. He's got a bit of pace as well which is something we have lacked.

I also believe it says one thing about Dean Saunders and his abilities if players want to work with him again!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 27, 2012, 10:06:25 pm by StocktonRover »
....I think some people need to get some realism into their lives. These seem like pretty good signings to me. In terms of Blake (and I'm not suggesting he's in the same class) but how old is Kevin Phillips at Blackpool. Did a very good job last season for them and scored some crucial goals. Robbie Blake could be used in a very similar way for us next season.
Some people only seem happy when they're unhappy.

Well done Rovers - particularly as these deals were pretty much done below the radar until the 11th (if not 12th) hour.
Phillipsy is 39 and has been given a further years contract at Blackpool - its about how players look after themselves as well as their age.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 27, 2012, 10:59:50 pm by mushRTID »

They can't be worse than some of the shit we signed last year.

Only disappointment with Cotterill with it means Copps is off or no chance of Robert coming back (which I knew deep down anyway)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 27, 2012, 11:31:39 pm by Viking Don »
Can't take the OP seriously, he must know how good this pair are. I'm very surprised we've managed to sign (not attract) players of this quality to League1 after all the stuff about not having any dosh to spend. I was kinda expecting us to start the new season with last season's youth team.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2012, 07:05:36 am by PaulRover08 »

They can't be worse than some of the shit we signed last year.

Only disappointment with Cotterill with it means Copps is off or no chance of Robert coming back (which I knew deep down anyway)

Not necessarily, you need more than 2 wingers to be a top club. Competition for places. I do think Copps will leave though but we might get August out of him.

drfc_steve_rtid

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2012, 08:02:23 am by drfc_steve_rtid »
Are some people never happy,  dean and the board are trying to work with what money/wages they have trying to build a stable squad for next season, also by bringing in 1 or 2 older players it will give the younger 1s something to work with for experience,  where are a league 1 club now so bravo dean so far this summer and I for 1 am looking forward to next season

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2012, 08:36:20 am by ditch_drfc »

Probably, seeing as you're the only one who knows what "dusguted" means...

opinionated old git

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 28, 2012, 10:13:59 am by opinionated old git »

I have it on good authority that Messi and Ronaldo were 99% certain to sign ....... but then they read this forum.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 28, 2012, 10:50:55 am by Alickismyhero »

Another troll....please delete this total b*llocks

Personally I totally disagree with his views but I would encourage him to make them but when it comes to your opinion.........A Troll .........delete his comments------- grow up

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 28, 2012, 01:46:03 pm by RobTheRover »
Personally, I greeted the information that Blake was signing as "Hmmmm, a Paul Barnes v2.0".  Very shrewd, in my eyes.

Cotterill has received very good reports from the Barnsley fans I work with.  They liked him.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 28, 2012, 03:13:40 pm by jonnydog »
To be honest, I am treating every signing as a bonus as we must be in a stronger position than first rumoured.

I think Cotterill could be very effective in our league and will hopefully fit in well to DS plan. I am liking the DS approach at the moment and hopefully it's a sign that we are going to far from struggle next season.

I would like to see an established, natural, goal-scoring striker in next. From either above us or from league 2, I'm not really bothered as long as he fits in and can be our next 15-20+ a season.

In my eye's, the future looks bright... the future is red and white (all be it on a similar shirt to last year!!)

:scarf:

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 28, 2012, 05:49:07 pm by markusparkus75 »
Personally, I greeted the information that Blake was signing as "Hmmmm, a Paul Barnes v2.0".  Very shrewd, in my eyes.

Cotterill has received very good reports from the Barnsley fans I work with.  They liked him.

Exactly my opinion.  Yes, Blake's getting on a bit, but looks in decent shape.  And anyone who can do this against Man Utd in their 30s is okay by me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHoahsd3Uw

And Deano and Blake are old pals from their Bradford days so I do wonder if he sees him in an eventual coaching role.

As for Copps leaving, he is (it is rumoured) our highest paid player, but his involvement in the Penny academy doesn't suggest he's in a hurry to go. Quite the opposite, though it may not be up to him.

All in all, have been quietly impressed with Deano so far - not rushing into anything or responding to fans shouting "SIGN SOMEONE NOW", and has done it off the radar.

Go Stealth Deano!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 28, 2012, 06:40:59 pm by MachoMadness »

If he is half as successful as Barnes was for us then Deano is much wiser than most people think! Technique is something you don't lose, so if he can maintain his fitness then he'll be invaluable for us I think. Certainly one that will have league one defences worrying if we can get some pace to support him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012