Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:25:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hayter to Yeovil  (Read 6951 times)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Hayter to Yeovil
« on June 28, 2012, 03:22:56 pm by jamesrover17 »
just seen on the Yeovil website they have signed Hayter on a 2 year deal.... Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Hayter to Yeovil
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2012, 03:26:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Good deal for him and good for all that he leaves us really.  Not sure he's what we need, not sure what he needs either right now, it's a good move for him and good luck to him, sure he'll get a great reception against us.

Sounds a bit harsh though, but don't you feel a bit more confident we'll do ok, playing against players like James Hayter at our level than the players we faced last season?

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2012, 03:29:14 pm by jmt »
Great player who always gave his all, thanks for the promotion goal!

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2012, 03:30:31 pm by SIRFRAN »
Good luck to Hayter!! Don't think he has the required quality anymore but he always gave his all for rovers and will always be remembered for THAT goal!!!

pubteam

« Reply #4 on June 28, 2012, 03:31:16 pm by pubteam »
Good signing for them. I thought he did great for us, and could've done a job at this level, but I think it was probably the right time for him to move on. Good luck to him there.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2012, 03:35:35 pm by jonnydog »
His 'goal' was memorable and that will always be with him, and he always gave 110%. Good move for him and us in reality. Hopefully the best move all round.

Thanks James and all the best for your future.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2012, 04:27:01 pm by RobTheRover »
Good luck,  Hayts.  Rovers legend.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2012, 04:37:17 pm by Filo »
Thanks for that goal and that day Hayts and all the best!  :thumbsup:

ROVERSBELLY

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2012, 04:40:57 pm by ROVERSBELLY »
Good luck Hayt's , thanks for always giving 100% whilst here , and especially many thanks for that never to be forgotton goal !!! :clapping:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2012, 04:56:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Good luck Hayts from me too

Hird & Hayts were the two players of those out of contract that I most wanted to stay - no coincidence they are the first two to be fixed up elsewhere

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2012, 04:58:56 pm by Mr1Croft »
Great deal for both parties, League One is about his level, that said he was a tireless worker in the Championship and with the right partnership he could be deadly, he has had a very good consecutive goal scoring run in every one of our seasons except the last one.
Good luck James

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2012, 06:38:51 pm by streatham dave »
Thank you and good luck.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2012, 06:46:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Good for him. Always struck me as a player who made a lot out of a lot of detriments, never the quickest, strongest or the best technically but his tireless work ethic meant he always offered something. He'll do well for them I think.

I think a lot of fans soured on him when SO'D insisted on playing him in front of Heffernan in 08-09, which really wasn't his fault. Always tried his best even when he wasn't necessarily good enough to do what was asked of him. League one is about his level I think.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2012, 06:54:50 pm by roversontheup »
Thanks Hayts. You were always one of my favourites.  Not the most skilful player we had but always ran your socks off for the team and of course there's also...........THAT GOAL!

Good luck Hayts except when you come up against the mighty Rovers.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2012, 07:14:54 pm by mattco »
A player who always gave maximum effort and who will always be part of Rovers folk-lore for the Wembley goal.  Good luck to him, he deserves it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2012, 07:27:36 pm by The Red Baron »
Top player. Always gave full value and will always be remembered by me for THAT goal. I think he could have done a job for us this coming season. Yeovil have themselves a good 'un.

Good luck JH- except when you play Rovers!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2012, 07:56:05 pm by RoversAlias »
Will always love James Hayter as a player for the contribution he made to this club. Put in more effort than you thought possible and popped up with goals on more than enough occasions. Hope he does a great job at Yeovil and keeps on going at this level for a few more years.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 28, 2012, 08:12:30 pm by mushRTID »
Great servant no doubt.

Got to feel though had he been promoted with a club with stronger finances than us he would have been back in league 1 a lot sooner.

Thanks James and good luck.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 28, 2012, 08:22:52 pm by Jimmydee »
You all appear to be sympathising the fact that he is going to Yeovil as a downgrade for him, don't forget that DRFC are also now in league 1, yes this might be his level now but don't forget he will be playing against us too.
I always appreciated Hayts contribution in our team, good luck to him but I just hope that he doesn't find his goalscoring boots l against us. 

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 28, 2012, 08:31:48 pm by rover-n-out »
 :( :crying: :( :crying: :( :crying: :( :crying: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 28, 2012, 10:06:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Whatever anyone says about Hayter nobody could ever say that he gave anything less than 100% and put a shift in every single time he got on the pitch. Blood, sweat, tears - although maybe not too many goals.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 28, 2012, 11:06:15 pm by RedJ »
Whatever anyone says about Hayter nobody could ever say that he gave anything less than 100% and put a shift in every single time he got on the pitch. Blood, sweat, tears - although maybe not too many goals.

Must admit though, when he cropped up with them they were bloody important ones (or so it seemed at the time).

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 29, 2012, 06:54:32 am by CottyRover »
I want to add my appreciation for his tireless effort and without him, perhaps we might not be looking back on four seasons in the Championship, something that once upon a time I'd  never have dared dream about. Thanks James, and best of luck. (Except against us!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 29, 2012, 08:22:48 am by keyser_soze »
Surprised at the 'thanks but no thanks' feel of this thread, I believe Hayter will still do a job in League One. Will always score a handful of goals wherever he plays, and puts his body on the line every time he goes out there. Probably one of the bravest strikers I've seen play for Rovers.

Having said that, he's the definition of one of the 'old guard' and is the type of player Saunders should have been looking to move on if he's going to bring his own men in.

Will remember his goal at Wembley until my dying day!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 29, 2012, 10:30:13 am by hoolahoop »
Thanks Hayts and all the best for the future (except against us of course)  ;)
You have now entered Rovers folklore due to 'that' goal and I thank you for helping our club up the League where it belonged and will return to some time soon.

neil grainger

« Reply #25 on June 29, 2012, 10:53:48 am by neil grainger »
Very sad indeed to see Hayts leave but I guess it was inevitable.

I would echo all the previous comments about his work-rate and the effort he put in for us, and I'd add to that his extraordinary heading ability, especially considering his size.
It never ceased to amaze me, the height he could achieve when winning knock-on headers, beating defenders much taller than him.

A very intelligent and often under-rated player in my opinion.

Many thanks Hayts, and the very best of luck for the future.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 29, 2012, 12:42:06 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Rovers Legend.... Enough said.

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 29, 2012, 01:32:51 pm by jonnydog »
Never fails to make me laugh. Saying that, his team are higher in the leagues now.

... Still rather be a Viking though! I mean, can you IMAGINE being a Bin Kicker?!?   :suicide:

:rtid:  :scarf:

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 29, 2012, 02:55:38 pm by DC- »
It's a shame to see him go. I still think he's dangerous at this level, at least as a substitute. Best of luck to him though.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 30, 2012, 10:11:37 am by 1879Rovers »
Got to be honest, I am shocked he hasn't gone to Crawley. Good luck to him, except against us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012