Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:13:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We're not all in it together  (Read 6544 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
We're not all in it together
« on June 29, 2012, 01:24:13 pm by mjdgreg »
Prince Charles continues to take the piss. Taxpayer contributions to fund his lavish lifestyle have gone up 18% this year to £2M. This follows a 24% increase the previous year. He also only pays tax of £4.4M on an income of over £18M, considerably less than should be expected.

Year on year prince Charles continues to spend more public money on travel, much of which is for personal trips meaning his travel costs have doubled over the past two years. He cynically exploits charity as a way of deflecting criticism and scrutiny of his spiralling costs.

At a time when the country is facing sweeping cuts to public spending this ‘something-for-nothing’ culture in the royal household must end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13939000

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

Re: We're not all in it together
« Reply #1 on June 29, 2012, 05:44:05 pm by pubteam »
Prince Charles continues to take the piss. Taxpayer contributions to fund his lavish lifestyle have gone up 18% this year to £2M. This follows a 24% increase the previous year. He also only pays tax of £4.4M on an income of over £18M, considerably less than should be expected.

Year on year prince Charles continues to spend more public money on travel, much of which is for personal trips meaning his travel costs have doubled over the past two years. He cynically exploits charity as a way of deflecting criticism and scrutiny of his spiralling costs.

At a time when the country is facing sweeping cuts to public spending this ‘something-for-nothing’ culture in the royal household must end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13939000

But as long as it's legal, it's okay, right? ....

Anyone who doesn't minimise how much tax they pay by any legal means is a fool.

:whistle:

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2012, 06:45:33 pm by mjdgreg »
But as long as it's legal, it's okay, right? ....

Of course. I do have a problem with someone of his incredible wealth getting benefits off tax payers though. I think you'll also find that the normal rules that apply to you and I don't apply to him.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 30, 2012, 04:57:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But your tax knowledge here is flawed (as is the fact your articles is 12 months old).

If you look at his latest figures he had £20M of income and over £12M of official expenditure with 4.4M in taxation after that.  Given these are accounted for as a hybrid of personal/business tax (he is a business effectively) that's probably about right (over 50% of his surplus was taxed).  Now he could operate himself differently to this and pay less tax no problem if he really wanted to.

It's also estimated his work brings in 131M to charities, I'd certainly call that doing his bit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 30, 2012, 05:17:33 pm by Filo »
But your tax knowledge here is flawed (as is the fact your articles is 12 months old).

If you look at his latest figures he had £20M of income and over £12M of official expenditure with 4.4M in taxation after that.  Given these are accounted for as a hybrid of personal/business tax (he is a business effectively) that's probably about right (over 50% of his surplus was taxed).  Now he could operate himself differently to this and pay less tax no problem if he really wanted to.

It's also estimated his work brings in 131M to charities, I'd certainly call that doing his bit.

Yep you`d think that an astute businessman like Mick would already know that you get taxed on the profits, not the gross income, in fact, anyone with half a brain would know that, I deduce that Mick must have also been put straight on the Cow & Gate

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 30, 2012, 06:40:46 pm by jucyberry »
Don't know about the  cow and gate but he could bore a limp cucumber rigid..

Not being mean and all.  ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 30, 2012, 06:47:47 pm by wilts rover »
Mick also seems to have missed that Charles is actually paying the tax to himself. No he is not a taxpayer like you and me, he is a member of the family who head her majestys' government and is to all intents and purposes an employee of the country - alongside being one of the richest businessmen in the country, not suprisingly given the price of his biscuits.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 30, 2012, 11:55:12 pm by mjdgreg »

You're right about the article being 12 months old. Just goes to show he took the piss last year as well. Here's an up to date one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166471/Prince-Charles-taxpayer-funding-increases-12-year.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

It amazes me that such a rich person thinks he's entitled to ever increasing state benefits and that all the sycophants out there think it's OK. It's time for him and you to harden up and start living in the real world.

As far as his tax affairs go I'm sure there is an army of sycophants working for him to convince the gullible out there that he is paying his fair share. While I'm at it don't get me started on his sponging mother.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 01, 2012, 12:03:13 am by mjdgreg »

I'd like to know which sycophant came up with that load of garbage. The truth of the matter is that his claim to have raised over £100m for charity is absurd and cynical in equal measure. That figure is simply the total income of all the charities he is connected to, many of which are little more than lobbying firms for his own  political agenda.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 01, 2012, 12:11:52 am by mjdgreg »
Yep you`d think that an astute businessman like mjdgreg would already know that you get taxed on the profits, not the gross income, in fact, anyone with half a brain would know that, I deduce that mjdgreg must have also been put straight on the Cow & Gate

I think you'll find I know a lot more about tax than you do. To simply say that you get 'taxed on the profits' shows that you have no understanding of the complexities of income tax, corporation tax and the various allowances.

Proof if ever it were needed that you should never put your children straight on the Cow and Gate. I on the other hand was put straight onto breast milk until I was sixteen and the results are there for you all to see in my very intelligent posts.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 01, 2012, 12:13:59 am by mjdgreg »
Don't know about the  cow and gate but he could bore a limp cucumber rigid..

I dread to think why you came up with the analogy of a rigid cucumber. Maybe you need to get out a bit more.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 01, 2012, 11:04:52 am by mushRTID »
It does make me laugh how mick changes his name when quoting someone else. Come on mick, stop pretending your not mick.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 01, 2012, 04:22:20 pm by Draytonian III »
Some people must spend hour upon hour looking for things to pull this country to pieces ,if you dont like move else where ,there are plenty of other places to live

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 01, 2012, 05:08:23 pm by mjdgreg »
Some people must spend hour upon hour looking for things to pull this country to pieces ,if you dont like move else where ,there are plenty of other places to live

Charles will be pleased to count you as a loyal sycophant. It would be better if you left the country as we need people of independent mind to get us out of this mess not sheep.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 01, 2012, 06:02:16 pm by Draytonian III »
Bah,bah,bah,bah...............................your so easy       

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 01, 2012, 06:04:53 pm by wilts rover »
People like Jimmy Carr who give as little as they possibly can to the country do you mean?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 01, 2012, 07:27:41 pm by mjdgreg »

That should be 'Baa, baa, baa, baa...................... you're so easy.'
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:38:21 pm by mjdgreg »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 01, 2012, 07:30:15 pm by mjdgreg »
People like Jimmy Carr who give as little as they possibly can to the country do you mean?

He gives as little as he can to the government who would only waste his money.
Far better that he spends it productively to help kick-start growth.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 01, 2012, 08:44:41 pm by Draytonian III »

That should be 'Baa, baa, baa, baa...................... you're so easy.'
            Every time,     every time

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 02, 2012, 02:48:43 pm by mjdgreg »
His mum's also at it. The sooner we become a republic the better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18673692

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 03, 2012, 08:31:47 am by ditch_drfc »
The sooner you stop chatting shit the better!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 03, 2012, 12:26:47 pm by mjdgreg »
The sooner you stop chatting shit the better!

The Queen and Charlie will be very pleased to count you amongst their gullible sycophants.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 03, 2012, 07:20:17 pm by Draytonian III »
52p per person is the cost of the Royal Family,so in my house that is 2 x 52 = 104p . So Mr/Ms mjdgreg if you tell me how many people live in your house I will quite gladly donate [number of people x 52p ]to a charity of your choice. It has to be real people ,not imaginary ones or action men or teddy bears .

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 03, 2012, 10:30:34 pm by mjdgreg »
52p per person is the cost of the Royal Family,so in my house that is 2 x 52 = 104p . So Mr/Ms mjdgreg if you tell me how many people live in your house I will quite gladly donate [number of people x 52p ]to a charity of your choice. It has to be real people ,not imaginary ones or action men or teddy bears .

You confirm your status as a gullible sycophant. The true cost is much higher. You base your figures on accounts produced by like-minded sycophants. The true cost is over £200M.

The published accounts never include the security bill.  For example when Zara Phillips got married, this set Scottish police back £400,000. Why did it cost £81,000 for a Prince Andrew charter flight to Saudi Arabia? Why did Charlie incur a cost of over £38,000 for a royal train journey?

Even based on the sycophantic accountant's figures, taxpayers are spending five times more on each member of the Royal Family than on a front-line soldier in Afghanistan. That is seriously wrong.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 04, 2012, 09:41:30 am by ditch_drfc »
God shut the f**k up using that shit phrase "gullible sycophant". You're so boring, constantly chatting shit, thinking you're higher up and better than everyone else. Get off your high horse! If you have such a problem start a f**king petition or something! You are an absolute nob! Just when people on here are starting to settle down and there are less arguments, nobs like you perk up and can't keep their mouths shut!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 04, 2012, 11:49:20 am by mjdgreg »
God shut the f*** up using that shit phrase "gullible sycophant". You're so boring, constantly chatting shit, thinking you're higher up and better than everyone else. Get off your high horse! If you have such a problem start a f***ing petition or something! You are an absolute nob! Just when people on here are starting to settle down and there are less arguments, nobs like you perk up and can't keep their mouths shut!

Sorry but I'm afraid you're going to have to be put in the gullible sycophant category as well.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 04, 2012, 12:35:10 pm by RobTheRover »
Got a new word, Mick?

I've got a few more for you - "new forum rules".  They should be out for all to see in the next few days.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 04, 2012, 12:48:32 pm by mjdgreg »
Got a new word, mjdgreg?

I've got a few more for you - "new forum rules".  They should be out for all to see in the next few days.

Good on you. About time you tightened up on abuse. You can't moderate a forum properly whilst allowing phrases like' absolute nob' to be posted. The behaviour of some posters has been nothing short of disgraceful. Well done.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 04, 2012, 12:55:30 pm by Nudga »

He gives as little as he can to the government who would only waste his money.
Far better that he spends it productively to help kick-start growth.

Would that be the ConDem government Mick?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 04, 2012, 01:30:55 pm by mjdgreg »
Would that be the ConDem government mjdgreg?

Yes it would. There seems to be a misconception around here that I am a Tory. I'm not. I can't remember the last time I voted and believe it or not when I did I voted Labour! Oh the naivety of youth.

The reason many of you think I am a Tory is that bad as they are, they're ten times better than that shower of shit calling itself the Labour party.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012