Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:26:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: copps  (Read 2884 times)

bradford exile

• Forum Member
copps
« on July 02, 2012, 09:28:41 am by bradford exile »

Great news if it's true

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/585032609?-12737 :chair:

Regards

Ray

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: copps
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2012, 09:45:18 am by Mr1Croft »
While Copps is still a great player he is only a shadow of his former self and had a horrible season. I am hoping however that he bounces back.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2012, 09:52:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm with MR Croft didn't have his best season at all by a long way last year but seamt to improve a bit towards the end really.  If he stays we have Coppinger, Bennett and Cotterill for the wide positions, that's ridiculously good options at league 1 level.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2012, 10:28:04 am by DearneValleyRover »
I'm with MR Croft didn't have his best season at all by a long way last year but seamt to improve a bit towards the end really.  If he stays we have Coppinger, Bennett and Cotterill for the wide positions, that's ridiculously good options at league 1 level.

How many did have a good season? The poor last part of the season before, the early injuries to Sharp and Mason, Sean leaving all lead to a massive lack of confidence which was reflected in the performances of most. I expect a massive difference in that this season and a return to form of the remaining players of last season, Copps included.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2012, 02:21:34 pm by RoversAlias »
Coppinger would be a huge asset in L1, I'd love him to stay. DVR is right, barely anybody had what you could call a 'good' season the last campaign.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2012, 03:53:24 pm by Mr1Croft »
I agree that Copps may have a great season, and I also believe form is temporary class is permanent. But we have to agree that his best days are behind him, and if we are going to make a go of it this year and push for promotion this may be his last chance to show that he is worthy of the Championship.

What I was saying however is when you consider his age and how badly he did last season, I don't expect any offers for him whatsoever. What Ipswich offered last year was after a good season, if anyone does come in for him, I somehow doubt it will be over 100k. Unless we need money that bad I can't see him leaving.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2012, 04:25:34 pm by dickos1 »
I don't agree his best days are behind him, he didn't do any worse than most last season and in some games was brilliant.
In simple terms we couldn't replace him for the money we'd get for him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2012, 05:43:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
I agree that Copps may have a great season, and I also believe form is temporary class is permanent. But we have to agree that his best days are behind him, and if we are going to make a go of it this year and push for promotion this may be his last chance to show that he is worthy of the Championship.

What I was saying however is when you consider his age and how badly he did last season, I don't expect any offers for him whatsoever. What Ipswich offered last year was after a good season, if anyone does come in for him, I somehow doubt it will be over 100k. Unless we need money that bad I can't see him leaving.

It is not just getting a big fee though Crofty you have to factor the difference that getting his wages off our books will make, in addition to any fee we can get for him as well.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2012, 02:02:30 pm by RobTheRover »
The thing about Copps is he never really had blistering pace, so he is definitely one of those players who will be successful well into his 30s.

Last season, I felt he had a lot resting on his shoulders and that translated into his performances at times.  A new start with new personnel and new ideas could be exactly what he needs, so I hope he stays.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012