Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Prices announced  (Read 3327 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Prices announced
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2012, 03:18:34 pm by Dutch Uncle »
What's a Catergory :facepalm:

A bloodstained Caterpillar maybe?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2012, 03:44:33 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Maybe they read this site. Mispellings fixed already  :thumbsup:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2012, 04:26:06 pm by Superspy »
Finally some clarity, and good to see a couple of positive steps from the club. I'm glad they've ditched categorised matches, I'm glad they've made the back of the goal Cat B again, and I'm glad the ticket prices aren't ridiculous.

So in simple terms, for an Adult behind the goal:

Season Ticket: £399
Pre-pay match by match: £437
Pay on the Day: £460

Thank god we're back to a reasonably straight forward pricing policy.

pubteam

« Reply #4 on July 02, 2012, 05:08:40 pm by pubteam »
And presumably £20 for away fans. Seems pretty good to me on the face of it. Not sure how it will compare with the rest of League One.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2012, 06:06:50 pm by mushRTID »
This is all just excellent. Massive steps forward.

Well done all involved.

Might even temp a few mates back down who used to come but couldnt afford 26/28 a ticket (cant remember which).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2012, 06:39:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good news indeed and, recognised the youth match day prices at £11 or £12 which is reasonable.

Should make it easier for all to plan ahead and I like the family stand offer also.

Thankfully the debate about offers outweighing ST prices is now dead !!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2012, 07:11:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Positive steps, let's hope some initiative is used to get the home fans in both ends of the ground.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 02, 2012, 07:29:45 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Considering the massive recession we are currently in the throes of, and in particular in S Yorkshire, and the record level of youth unemployment (not to mention "underemployment ie people in part time low paid jobs through lack of real opportunity for a decent job) and you have a football club coming up with a real common sense idea to attract revenue. This is an excellent bit of business, I remember when i was a student in the 70's getting a "child" rate season ticket as was then, until i graduated meaning i could afford to attend home matches as my dad worked on the railway so getting home wasn't a problem. Any idea to get more fans to be able to afford to attend has to be a winner in my book.  Hope this is the beginning of an era of common sense in the commercial running of DRFC ! 

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 02, 2012, 09:31:14 pm by mutleyrover »
Good, sensible pricing by the club.  Like the multi game packages for those that cant stretch to the price of a full season ticket and also like the family ticket.

Is the family ticket only available in the designated family area or any cat b area?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 02, 2012, 10:50:17 pm by Alan_Rovers »
More positive steps in the right direction. It wouldn't surprise me now if we have some of the cheapest match day prices in League One.

Well done to all involved. This would have never happened with the previous CEO.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 02, 2012, 11:53:20 pm by silent majority »
Well I'm just extremely pleased that the club have listened to everything we have been telling them over the last 12 months or so. You have to take  your hat off to Shaun Lockwood and his team for doing everything we've asked. What we want everybody in Doncaster to know is 'how much is is to attend a Rovers match?'

When you have complex marketing strategies and match categorisation you can't answer that question.

Another plus for the VSC.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2012, 06:55:21 am by godlike1 »
V impressed with what are reasonable prices and incentives as well as encouraging the fans to make it easier by buying tickets on line.

I would agree that the town needs to respond to these sensie costs but I do hunk there are some stumbling blocks:

1) how the team perform in the early part of the season (due to having a rep as a team thAt loses most games)
2) how it is promoted other than through word of mouth by the fans, the local paper or the website as this has shown in he past that it is not enough despite having some success

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2012, 01:55:17 pm by RobTheRover »
good points there, godlike1.

1) a good start (and maybe a return to the "pub team having a laugh" mentality) will do wonders in conjunction with these sensible prices

2) promtion of fixtures and prices is a key part of this equation.  As SM says, when mates ask Rovers fans (especially season ticket holders who dont buy individual tickets) how much is it this weekend, the usual answer is "I dont know", as the old systems have been too complicated.  I am sure this new found pricing clarity will extend to prominence on the match adverts too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012