Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:07:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Keep him?

Yes
97 (65.1%)
No
52 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 144

Author Topic: Habib Beye  (Read 8803 times)

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
Habib Beye
« on July 06, 2012, 08:56:34 pm by Mark Mccammon »
Having just spoke to Habib Beye only on Tuesday in Bologne, he informs me he is purely making his decision based on the number of DRFC fans who want him to stay. So he told me to do a poll.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redwine

• Forum Member
Re: Habib Beye
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2012, 09:35:35 pm by redwine »
I know this is going to sound critical to some of you , but...........

isn't that a tad insecure

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 07, 2012, 04:28:40 pm by Chris »
If he trains like a normal player then I'm happy for him to stay...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 07, 2012, 04:35:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If he trains like a normal player then I'm happy for him to stay...

This.

Can't have one player different to the rest.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 07, 2012, 04:54:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Who in their right mind would say no?

Great player!

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2012, 12:55:52 am by DC- »
Can still do a job at Championship level. League One he'll be a great asset. Yes.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2012, 01:03:34 am by Chris »

Great player!

Ignoring the obvious trolling, do you not think that allowing a player to train only once or twice per week and still be guaranteed a place in the 11 is a dangerous precedent to set?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2012, 01:27:43 am by Mr1Croft »
I have said no, purely because if he leaves and allows Dean to move in for the Stevenage pair especially Mark Roberts who is physically stronger, will run into a brick wall for the team and is younger.
For me Beye is good yes, but if we are aiming for a promotion push will he have it in him for another season in the Championship? Id rather build for the future.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2012, 10:28:00 am by roverstillidie91 »
I think it all depends what wages he is on i would of thought

i know they said all the players were on 2K a week or whatever

but i think he may be on a little bit more than that seeing as he was on 40K at villa

i would personally let him go to be honest to enable us to get in players for lower wages

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 08, 2012, 10:31:25 am by Lesonthewest »
Easy, yes.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2012, 10:33:19 am by 5minstogo »
If the pilchard can't be bothered to turn up for his first day back training then why do we even need to ask the question?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 08, 2012, 11:51:40 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Great player!

Ignoring the obvious trolling, do you not think that allowing a player to train only once or twice per week and still be guaranteed a place in the 11 is a dangerous precedent to set?

He can do what he wants pure quality

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 08, 2012, 12:02:30 pm by RoversAlias »
I wonder if these impending new forum rules have anything in them about persisting trolling for the sake of it...

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 08, 2012, 12:14:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Simple answer, No. His wages will allow us to sign at least 2 other players and I don't think he's quality, he makes far too many rash challenges and gets caught out of position too often to be quality. Get rid, go back to Stevenage and get Roberts and Ashton, younger, physically stronger, know how to play as a partnership and part of the second best League 1 defence last season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 08, 2012, 03:00:10 pm by RedJ »

Great player!

What b*llocks. So you'd be fine with him turning up on a Saturday pissed out his head with about 5 girls on his arm cos "he can do what he wants pure quality"?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2012, 03:38:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Great player!

What b*llocks. So you'd be fine with him turning up on a Saturday pissed out his head with about 5 girls on his arm cos "he can do what he wants pure quality"?

Looking at the vote most people agree with me!

As long as he train in France what the problem...?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 08, 2012, 03:53:01 pm by Chris »

Great player!

Don't waste your time. This is Norfolk's idea of elaborate trolling.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 08, 2012, 04:05:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
69-23.....

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 08, 2012, 04:30:46 pm by Jonathan »
I think Norfolk is implying that no tactical work or joined up team activities take place in training so Beye's absence makes no difference?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 08, 2012, 04:47:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
can communicate when over here cant you?

Not saying its ideal but your getting a top class player got to be some baggage

pubteam

« Reply #20 on July 08, 2012, 04:52:32 pm by pubteam »
can communicate when over here cant you?

Not saying its ideal but your getting a top class player got to be some baggage

Disagree. If he's under contract with Rovers, then he should abide by the rules and standards set by the club. It's certainly not healthy to have one rule for one player, and then a different rule for the rest of the squad.

If Coppinger or George Friend didn't turn up for training, and decided to just train on their own somewhere, would the club accept that? I doubt it. So I don't think we should go moving the goalposts for Habib Beye just because he's played in the Premier League and for his country.

From the sorts of things DS has been saying, it doesn't seem like Beye wants to be here anyway. If that's the case, we've got to get rid of him on that basis, regardless of everything else.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 08, 2012, 06:48:05 pm by RedJ »

Great player!

Looking at the vote most people agree with me!

As long as he train in France what the problem...?

I voted yes actually, but I (and I'm sure most other yes voters) still don't agree with your "he can do what he wants" logic. So it'd be alright for him to turn up to training when he wants after a night round Paris but if say Gillett went to the pub for a pint the night before and got there five minutes late you'd be calling for him to be burnt at the stake!

Bretby Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 08, 2012, 07:38:06 pm by Bretby Rover »
A definite no from me. You need to train with and be part of the squad and join in the camaraderie of the rest of the players.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 08, 2012, 08:04:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Here's a question, how many of our other players past and present don't/haven't trained with the team full time?  There are others that's for sure.

How things have changed from the old days when we signed a player, they played one game then left again.....

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 09, 2012, 12:17:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It got us a long way letting him(if it's true)train once or twice a week didn't it?what are we running here a pub team?,they're has to be the same rules for every player,nothing to do with who is quality and who's not,or we aren't going to have any team spirit,which let us down last year,we've got to move forward from that sort of thinking!! :scarf:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 09, 2012, 08:50:47 am by Donnybax »
No, 4k a week off the wage bill to get more hungry players. Plus how can we create a strong defensive partnership when he's in France and work on thing like defending set pieces

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 09, 2012, 09:05:44 am by mutleyrover »
NO! Wages too high for League One, not good for team re. training and a liability on occasions at centre back.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 09, 2012, 09:08:42 am by DearneValleyRover »
Why do people want him to stay? Moans and groans about Sam Hird not getting a contract, some more moans again as Locky moved to pastures new, now Beye. Can someone remind me how many goals we conceded last season. Oh I forgot its all Gary Woods' fault even though he played in less games than most. We need better and more physical centre halves than the 2 that have left plus this absent Frenchman.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 09, 2012, 10:01:39 am by jonnydog »
I initially said yes, however was under the impression that if he stayed this year then he would be training with us like everyone else. If this is not the case and it's going to be the same as last year then I will switch to no.

If he doesn't train with us he will not gel with any of the newbies (or oldies come to that!), will be lost in any set plays we've learned (although we don't do set plays so that's not too bad for him!), but also won't get a fell of other mentalities of his team members. Don't get me wrong, I thought he played relatively well at the back last year, stopping a quite a few goal opportunities, but I think he gave away penalties and subsequently getting red carded last year, which may be because he isn't at one with the back 4 workings.

In fact, if he's not going to be training with us then I'm changing my answer has now changed to a no. It's not fair on the rest of the team, when they're training full time for probably less cash.

Rant over.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 09, 2012, 10:25:28 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
No - Simply, he won't be training with the squad as much as is required. We need unity this season, not a player who will only train with us twice a week.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012