Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:41:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rogue DNS Maware  (Read 1517 times)

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
Rogue DNS Maware
« on July 09, 2012, 01:23:27 pm by Sandy Lane »
Did anyone see that story about the internet malware virus which is supposed to cut off our internet today?  I didn't see it until about a week ago and I ignored it, but then my mom called in a tizzy so I then had to help her go through the steps provided by the FBI to make sure her computer didn't have the virus.  Well, call me cynical but does anyone else think this was a brilliant idea put out by the FBI to get everyone's IP addresses??  As you can see I totally don't trust the FBI, etc., etc.,  Of course I also did the check on my computer thinking this thought all the time I was doing it, and then hating myself afterwards!    :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rogue DNS Maware
« Reply #1 on July 09, 2012, 02:01:31 pm by Donnywolf »
Post Office seems to have some sort of problem with their Computer system

Thorne and Moorends ones are reporting problem is "nationwide" .... anyone else affected ?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 09, 2012, 02:21:59 pm by jonnydog »
Dunno owt about it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 09, 2012, 06:07:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They were on about it on the radio this morningbut it doesn't seem to have affected many this side of the pond

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 09, 2012, 07:21:02 pm by glosterred »
Did anyone see that story about the internet malware virus which is supposed to cut off our internet today?  I didn't see it until about a week ago and I ignored it, but then my mom called in a tizzy so I then had to help her go through the steps provided by the FBI to make sure her computer didn't have the virus.  Well, call me cynical but does anyone else think this was a brilliant idea put out by the FBI to get everyone's IP addresses??  As you can see I totally don't trust the FBI, etc., etc.,  Of course I also did the check on my computer thinking this thought all the time I was doing it, and then hating myself afterwards!    :(

http://news.sky.com/story/957795/fbi-server-shutdown-threatens-web-access

Just because you're paranoid does not mean they are not after you!

COYR

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 10, 2012, 12:39:03 am by Sandy Lane »
Oh dear, I'm definitely not paranoid, just thinking outside the box.   :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012