Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 01:43:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cotterill  (Read 10216 times)

firestarter

• Forum Member
Cotterill
« on August 01, 2012, 02:45:10 pm by firestarter »
First friendly attended last night and was hoping to see good things from him....was massively disappointed though. Has he performed any better in previous friendlies does anyone know?... thoughts please...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Cotterill
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2012, 02:48:42 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Agreed, but I've seen him play in a couple of other pre-season games and he has been very good.

No doubts he has quality, I just hope we can get him to perform on a regular basis. If we do, then we can flog him for a big fee next summer!  :boxing:

racecourse red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2012, 02:54:48 pm by racecourse red »
You can only judge any player when we've got a settled squad ,there's players coming & going all over the place, judge them all after 10 games I say !!! :scarf:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2012, 03:21:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »
He seems to be a player who will have good and bad games but inconsistent

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2012, 03:32:59 pm by RoversAlias »
First friendly attended last night and was hoping to see good things from him....was massively disappointed though. Has he performed any better in previous friendlies does anyone know?... thoughts please...

At Rotherham he looked to me to exude more class and poise than any other player on the pitch, he looked a level above everyone else.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2012, 06:12:41 pm by RedJ »
Didn't he get taken off? I only seem to remember him playing the first half, in which everyone was a bit shite.

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2012, 06:33:34 pm by AlonzoDrake »
Is firestarter mad mick?

What a stupid thing to say about a new player in a psf, but I guess that's the point of the e-mail, to draw a reaction, to start a fire.

Ollie the Legend!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2012, 06:37:02 pm by Ollie the Legend! »
i put it out there for other opinions thats all..having not seen him iwas interested in how he may shape up...and no am not madmick. ya seea forum is about opinions believe it or not

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2012, 06:41:29 pm by dijit8 »
He will be one of those players that frustrates us at times but should be ok overall.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2012, 06:43:48 pm by firestarter »
thanks for that dijit...am hoping for good things to come also.. just thought higher placed opposition may have brought out the best in him last night thats all.. key player for us this season.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2012, 07:20:24 am by ditch_drfc »
Is firestarter mad mick?

What a stupid thing to say about a new player in a psf, but I guess that's the point of the e-mail, to draw a reaction, to start a fire.

why are you being an idiot? there's no need for it

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2012, 07:57:38 am by Barmby Rover »
You can only judge any player when we've got a settled squad ,there's players coming & going all over the place, judge them all after 10 games I say !!! :scarf:

10 games before we make judgements? That is a quarter of the season gone! I hope that with his "own team" and having a full preseason that DS can show he actually can produce a winning team. Individual players need to be up to speed by the start of the season, again a full pre season and being professional says so.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2012, 08:14:33 am by drfcsteve »
Thought he was pretty anonymous at Rotherham apart from his goal, seemed to get worse as the game went on in that game, Copps and Bennett a lot better than him on what I've seen so far but he could improve.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2012, 10:46:35 am by Red wizard »
He will do well imo. You have to remember he's not played alot of football over the last 2 years. Also we had very very hard training session on the friday. During the season we won't do much on a friday when playing sat.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 11, 2012, 05:39:40 pm by firestarter »
Still not performing...dogshit today

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 11, 2012, 05:55:58 pm by donny dave »
That's not what radio Sheffield said.
He was great according to them.
Give him a chance.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 11, 2012, 06:18:30 pm by firestarter »
Take it you weren't there..... I was along with many others who were is sheer despair of his performance.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 11, 2012, 06:21:15 pm by phil o sophical »
Wanted to many touches around the box today, you dont get the amount of time he wanted to let fly even at this level;

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 11, 2012, 06:22:45 pm by DRNaith »
Sheer despair?

Sheer despair?  :woot:

Deary me

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 11, 2012, 06:23:30 pm by DonnyNoel »
First half he looked wayyyyy off the pace although his free kick was our best chance that half. Second half I thought he looked a lot better and created a good chance for himself. Set piece delivery seemed very good and I got the impression theres more to come.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 11, 2012, 06:23:36 pm by Superspy »
He looked pretty good on the ball, and he can get around his man, but he seems to struggle with pretty much everything else. His passing wasn't great, he ended up losing the ball and letting it go out of play too many times when it would have been easier to stop it, his shooting was shocking. I hope he settles into the team but he stood out as being an underperformer for me today.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 11, 2012, 06:30:04 pm by donny dave »
Take it you weren't there..... I was along with many others who were is sheer despair of his performance.
Your right firestarter I have just got back this afternoon from my jollies.
I have not been down yet due to work or holiday but cannot wait to see the lads in action.
How have the other lads settled in?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 11, 2012, 06:49:19 pm by The Beast »
IMO thought he was one of our better performers today. From what I've seen so far the lads got quality.Nobody was outstanding in a very scrappy match but what do people expect from a team thrown together from a threadbare squad. Good result, thought we might get rolled over today!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 11, 2012, 06:50:20 pm by RedJ »
fans from his old clubs did say he was frustrating and inconsistent

atick45

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 11, 2012, 08:59:20 pm by atick45 »
He was very very poor today Lets hope its just a one off.
 :thumbdown:

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 11, 2012, 09:48:28 pm by JayBaker »
So overall then, as with radio reports, completely mixed reviews pre-season, 50/50 it looks like. We'll see what happens in the season when the players know each other better, but interesting to read everyone's comments here!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 12, 2012, 05:22:20 pm by RoversAlias »
He did fine for me. Some errors sure but to say he was awful etc.? Totally disagree with that, some people seem to expect immediate miracles.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 12, 2012, 05:28:15 pm by The_Rooky »
...it was quite refreshing to see someone willing to shoot from outside the box. You don't shoot - you don't score: simples!!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 12, 2012, 05:44:30 pm by RedJ »
...it was quite refreshing to see someone willing to shoot from outside the box. You don't shoot - you don't score: simples!!!

:laugh: what irks me is when you hear cries of "shoooooot" yet moments later when they do shoot and miss they get abused!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 13, 2012, 08:29:08 am by Nudga »
I thought they were all aweful. Terrible match, and I am quite disappointed that there wasn't any real effort put in for the first competetive home match of the season. It was played like a friendly. I know it was "only" the league cup but all eleven players didn't look like they wanted to stake a claim for a starting spot in the next game.

I truelly hope it improves because I have become disallusioned with football for some time now, even more so after watching some Herculian performances by Great British Athletes who earn a damn sight less and probably train three times as hard as a footballer.

For me, Copps was the only one who looked compossed on the ball but didn't really hurt York. The passing was terrible, there wasn't any movement off the ball and we lacked any creative ideas.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012