Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:50:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paynter  (Read 18662 times)

lewis9111

• Forum Member
Paynter
« on August 06, 2012, 03:57:52 pm by lewis9111 »
Tweet from Championship Updates that Billy Paynter has completed his move to League 1 outfit Doncaster Rovers.

Don't know how official that is and I know we were all expecting it today anyways.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Paynter
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2012, 03:59:03 pm by jonnydog »
Were we really though :lol:

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 06, 2012, 04:02:54 pm by Northants Nomad »
Yes

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2012, 04:05:37 pm by MachoMadness »
Seen stuff like this so many times before that I'm waiting for an official word from the club. However we were all thinking it would happen today, so it's about time!

Now let's get to work on our "defence" which at the moment consists of one senior pro!

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2012, 04:07:44 pm by Northants Nomad »
Do we need a defence? We're just gonna score one more than them I think. This season will be such an exciting season to watch!

pubteam

« Reply #5 on August 06, 2012, 04:08:43 pm by pubteam »
After listening to Saunders' post-Barnsley interview on Player, I doubt we're likely to see much activity until Stock moves on.

He said that he can't afford to do anything until somebody leaves, and hinted that the back four vs York would probably be the one that finished the Barnsley game if Jones doesn't recover in time.

Very frustrating. I know it's a difficult situation, but surely alarm bells are ringing at the club that we're vastly underprepared for the start of the season?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2012, 04:12:58 pm by Chris »
We've been told all summer that "we will be ready come the start of the season". We were fed this even when it was proving almost impossible to move our players on. What's changed?

pubteam

« Reply #7 on August 06, 2012, 04:17:56 pm by pubteam »
We've been told all summer that "we will be ready come the start of the season". We were fed this even when it was proving almost impossible to move our players on. What's changed?

In all honesty, I think the club expected Championship teams to be lining up offers for our players in June, leaving us plenty of time to replace them.

As we all probably feared, they have instead left us to pay them all summer, and then swooped in late July/early August just in time to slot them into their squads for the new season.

Again, out of the club's control and very frustrating, but how long do we keep waiting? It's getting pretty desperate now, as we can't afford to start the season still waiting on people to leave before we can build a squad.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 06, 2012, 05:40:51 pm by MrFrost »
After listening to Saunders' post-Barnsley interview on Player, I doubt we're likely to see much activity until Stock moves on.

He said that he can't afford to do anything until somebody leaves, and hinted that the back four vs York would probably be the one that finished the Barnsley game if Jones doesn't recover in time.

Very frustrating. I know it's a difficult situation, but surely alarm bells are ringing at the club that we're vastly underprepared for the start of the season?

He's just moved on two of the highest earners FFS. Now he is saying, it is reliant on Stock leaving? All balls i'm afraid.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2012, 05:44:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

He's just moved on two of the highest earners FFS. Now he is saying, it is reliant on Stock leaving? All balls i'm afraid.

Yes Stock move taking so long?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 06, 2012, 05:44:48 pm by Alan_Rovers »
What if Stock doesn't move on? Where do we go then.

I don't think either Stock or Coppinger will be any great loss, but we need to sign some more bodies now. Or squad is short on numbers and injury prone and if we don't sort it then we are going to struggle unless we can use the loan market effectively.

Things are a farce at the moment.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 06, 2012, 05:55:41 pm by MrFrost »
It is a farce as DS stated a couple of weeks ago, he couldn't bring anyone in until some high earners left. Two high earners have left, and now that story has changed to we can't bring anyone in until Stock leaves.

Shambles. And then everyone will be scratching their heads when attendances are shite.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 06, 2012, 05:58:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Ok Frosty and Alan lets be reckless then....

Throw money at it we have not got?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 06, 2012, 06:00:48 pm by MrFrost »

It's either that or we start the season without a defense. Saunders said himself once high earners had left he could bring in new faces. He has moved on 2 high earners. Friend and JOC. Did he really mean he had to move ALL the high earners out first, that's what his last interview sounds like.

Utter crock of shit, and we the fans are fed misinformation on an almost daily basis. It's about time people took off the rose tinted specs. Funnily enough, those creaming over next season are the same ones applauding the "success" of the experiment last year.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 06, 2012, 06:06:28 pm by bobbymax »
Funny, I thought somebody had to actually offer to buy and pay said players for us to get them off the books. What a pity, if only we'd realised all we had to do was put them in a supermarket trolley and shove them in the canal we might of avoided the drop last year.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 06, 2012, 06:08:46 pm by Dutch Uncle »

It's either that or we start the season without a defense. Saunders said himself once high earners had left he could bring in new faces. He has moved on 2 high earners. Friend and JOC. Did he really mean he had to move ALL the high earners out first, that's what his last interview sounds like.

Following on from another thread (title: tomorrow), some simple assumptions and simple arithmetic would show IMHO we probably need to move on about 5 of the 13 high earners - Beye, Friend, O' Connor gone, plus Stock and probably one more. This to bring in say 4-5 more new players without the possibility (but not certainty) of a transfer embargo through the FL implementation of FFP (Financial Fair Play)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 06, 2012, 06:11:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Utter crock of shit, and we the fans are fed misinformation on an almost daily basis. It's about time people took off the rose tinted specs. Funnily enough, those creaming over next season are the same ones applauding the "success" of the experiment last year.

You mean the half full people not the ones on suicide watch?

The ones that realise the position the club are in?

Bring me a solution then? Sounds like you want more digging in the pockets by the shareholders?

What about this several million pounds trading deceit?

Come on what we coming to do with this?

Ignore it like pompey did?

Just like the jo public going around with credit cards and paying for things they cant afford?

You know we havent recruited badly at all?

No need to press the panic button just yet is there? Two weeks until the league season starts and we have had a good pre season have we not?

The very thing you cant get your head around is how we could use someone like Mckay and get people in that are quality like the Robert/ Fortune .

I put to you again what is your solution?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 06, 2012, 06:17:31 pm by roverstillidie91 »
According to skysports looks like a deals close

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/7968287/Paynter-to-sign-for-Doncaster

Hopefully get some defenders in now

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 06, 2012, 06:25:13 pm by SIRFRAN »
The realisation is we have a massive wage bill well over and above our budget! First things first - the club needs to be sustainable and not racking up debt! The long term future of the club comes before the quality of the squad! To many of our fans think we belong in championship and have a god given right to get promoted this season - yet the reality is that the way were set up we overachieved in the championship for a few seasons!

The good times will come again, but the board needs to establish a solid business model and foundation in order for the club to build again! I'm encouraged by gary baldwin, and I'm positive JR and the board want every success for the club and are working on that, but the club needs to be as self sufficient as it can be! And as a true football fan we should follow our club through thick and thin, its a shame to many donny fans are quick to jump on the bandwagon and twice as quick to jump of it! 

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 06, 2012, 06:26:01 pm by MrFrost »
Norfolk - McKay didn't bring Robert in. He stated this in an interview.

My gripe is the crap that is being spouted. We have moved on high earners. Yet Saunders speaks as if we haven't. Less than 5 dys to go before the first competitive game.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 06, 2012, 06:28:04 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yeh let throw money at the squad so we end up breaking the new league rules and end up with a transfer embargo, then lets see where we end up

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #21 on August 06, 2012, 06:28:51 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Smoke and mirrors it all takes place out of the sight of us all . We will not recognise the team that came down to league 1 , to get this to happen means deals being done and favours being called in but there will be a new team with all involved  getting something of what they wanted. We the fans will follow as usual like sheep and don't have part to play untill kickoff . Its a bit like being picked over at the sale and no one wanting to take back the remaining left overs so everything must go !!

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 06, 2012, 06:33:00 pm by SIRFRAN »

My gripe is the crap that is being spouted. We have moved on high earners. Yet Saunders speaks as if we haven't. Less than 5 dys to go before the first competitive game.

The crap that is being spouted?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm quoting a previous post I read on a thread - the wage bill WAS 8million, deano has been given little over 3million this season - if that's correct then you can completley understand the position we are in, and unfortunately were just gonna have to deal with it until were in a position where the wage bill is under control

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 06, 2012, 06:33:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Smoke and mirrors it all takes place out of the sight of us all . We will not recognise the team that came down to league 1 , to get this to happen means deals being done and favours being called in but there will be a new team with all involved  getting something of what they wanted. We the fans will follow as usual like sheep and don't have part to play untill kickoff . Its a bit like being picked over at the sale and no one wanting to take back the remaining left overs so everything must go !!

Solution?

Not to get relegated in the first place?

Well heaven knows we tried

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 06, 2012, 06:51:42 pm by Red wizard »

Im pretty sure Mckay said Robert and plessis was the only 2 that was part of the experiment. All the other was stop gaps. He also said he never expected to start until jan but we was in a bigger mess than he thought and needed players and fast. Said that on t.v i think.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 06, 2012, 06:58:14 pm by bobjimwilly »
Stock will be on his way by the end of the week, then we can all stop bitching...  :scarf:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 06, 2012, 07:10:57 pm by RoversAlias »
First it's one day, then its a day after, then its end of the week. Then we're promised a 'big' day today with lots of movement, and now someone else says that he's off by the end of the week.

Can't blame anyone for not waiting with bated breath for that one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 06, 2012, 07:16:51 pm by RedJ »
Stock will be on his way by the end of the week, then we can all stop bitching...  :scarf:
they've said that two weeks running now :laugh:

what do you want, to write up the contract yourself? not much we can do really.. unless you've got a couple of million to chuck into the pot?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 06, 2012, 07:21:33 pm by Filo »
First it's one day, then its a day after, then its end of the week. Then we're promised a 'big' day today with lots of movement, and now someone else says that he's off by the end of the week.

Can't blame anyone for not waiting with bated breath for that one.

I don`t think any one of any official capacity has promised a "big day today" unless you can show us otherwise

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 06, 2012, 07:36:10 pm by MrFrost »

Im pretty sure Mckay said Robert and plessis was the only 2 that was part of the experiment. All the other was stop gaps. He also said he never expected to start until jan but we was in a bigger mess than he thought and needed players and fast. Said that on t.v i think.

Saunders said on Radio Sheffield that Robert was his signing and had nothing to do with McKay. But, to be honest, I take any kind of press release or comment from DRFC with a pinch of salt these days.

There was an article on DROS where Saunders stated that the end of July was the deadline for players leaving the club. Clearly isn't the case.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012