Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:51:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paynter  (Read 18642 times)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Paynter
« Reply #30 on August 06, 2012, 07:38:54 pm by Red wizard »
I don't think there was ever a date told to the public. He said there was a date but never said when.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 06, 2012, 07:56:21 pm by SIRFRAN »
To many people get wrapped up in media speculation from the likes of paul goodwin, radio sheff etc - until. A club official releases a statement don't get wrapped up in what you hear or read

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 06, 2012, 07:58:16 pm by MrFrost »
The comments I refered to came from DS own mouth on radio sheffield and a DROS article.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 06, 2012, 09:45:27 pm by 1879Rovers »
Just been speaking to a Leeds fan about Cranie and Nunez and he says Paynter was back training with them today, so it looks like a deal is off.

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 07, 2012, 05:04:41 pm by JayBaker »
Why not take a chance on Damian Reeves? And no, not because it'd be a Paynter and a plasterer up front, but because it'd be a bargain, low risk signing that could bear fruit.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #35 on August 07, 2012, 05:08:24 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Just been speaking to a Leeds fan about Cranie and Nunez and he says Paynter was back training with them today, so it looks like a deal is off.
hahaha we are just mugs for story , we could not afford his train fare never mind his transfer.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 07, 2012, 06:15:58 pm by Filo »
hahaha we are just mugs for story , we could not afford his train fare never mind his transfer.

And if/when he does sign, I`m sure you`ll be back to offer your apologies for spouting b*llocks, again?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 07, 2012, 08:04:52 pm by RedJ »
Why not take a chance on Damian Reeves? And no, not because it'd be a Paynter and a plasterer up front, but because it'd be a bargain, low risk signing that could bear fruit.

He had a problem in the family which I won't mention here and decided against a pro move.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 07, 2012, 10:31:47 pm by BobG »
Ok Frosty and Alan lets be reckless then....

Throw money at it we have not got?

But that's not the point Norfolk. The point, for anyone interested in the longer term welfare of the club, is exactly what are the KM2 doing? Clearly, they are not investing significantly - if at all - yet equally clearly they have, and have used, their power to take the club in new directions. That's their privilege of course, but from a footballing point of view it means we're having to make do with JR's money and the new business plans' forecasts. It's all making me wonder in exactly whose interests DRFC is being run at the moment?

DS utters more bullshit than I've heard from just about anyone in my life. The story changes from one week to the next. And notice, there's always someone or something else to blame. I agree he can't shift the high earners on his own. I feel sorry for him there. But Christ! He does talk some shit doesn't he?

I have no problem at all if this club can't afford a team that's capable of staying in League 1. That's life. I'd still support therm. But this continual clap trap, from JR on downwards,  is doing my head in. Challenging up near the top? What with ffs? it's deceit that turns people off. Reasonably honestly addressed reality people can live with. Tossing out all those values and behaviours that were built up over 10 years is still costing this club very dearly indeed.

BobG
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:39:15 pm by BobG »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 07, 2012, 10:37:18 pm by MrFrost »
Couldn't agree more Bob.

The cynic in me would suggest the KM2 were only ever interested with regards to a deal being done with the stadium and its land.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 07, 2012, 10:46:36 pm by BobG »
A question: has anyone any idea yet why all those directors resigned en masse recently? There's something behind that. Not neccesarily devious or underhanded or frightening, but without an explanation, that's always goiong to be the worry. I find it very odd indeed, for example, that Stuart Highfield has left. Why would he do that? I could accept 'ill health' or 'tired' for one resignation, but not for the shedload we've had - and especially not after the apparent deceit of the last man to claim that as his reason for leaving.

BobG
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:49:25 pm by BobG »

pubteam

« Reply #41 on August 07, 2012, 10:54:19 pm by pubteam »
A question: has anyone any idea yet why all those directors resigned en masse recently? There's something behind that. Not neccesarily devious or underhanded or frightening, but without an explanation, that's always goiong to be the worry. I find it very odd indeed, for example, that Stuart Highfield has left. Why would he do that? I could accept 'ill health' or 'tired' for one resignation, but not for the shedload we've had - and especially not after the apparent deceit of the last man to claim that as his reason for leaving.

BobG

Dick Watson said at the 'Forum for the Future' that he had been ill with heart problems.
Bramall said he was basically fed up of how we were spending much, much more than we could actually afford.

As for Stuart Highfield, has he left? I saw him at the Barnsley game on Saturday. He was sat with Dick Watson.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:56:28 pm by pubteam »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 07, 2012, 10:56:41 pm by MrFrost »

BobG

Dick Watson said at the 'Forum for the Future' that he was ill with heart problems.
Bramall said he was basically fed up of how we were spending much, much more than we could actually afford.

As for Stuart Highfield, has he left? I saw him at the Barnsley game on Saturday. He was sat with Dick Watson.

There was a thread a few weeks back naming the remaining directors. We have three I believe. One being JR.
What Bramall has invested into DRFC, in ratio to his wealth is about the same as an average fan buying a half season ticket - so I don't know what he is smoking. Like I said, they are in it for their own ends.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 08, 2012, 01:23:56 am by Alan_Rovers »
Here, here, Mr Frost. At last someone finally agrees with what I have been saying for months.

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 08, 2012, 01:33:11 am by Florida Rover »
Unless Bob G, Mr Frost and Alan can come forward with the money to run the club then I suggest you step back and bury your heads permanently in the sand as you have really no say at all. I have never in all my time with the Rovers heard anything like what you have to say and it is shame on you all that you call yourselves supporters of the Rovers.I feel you would serve the club better if you were to support another club and provide them with your so called wisdom that is so pathetic to hear.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 08, 2012, 01:39:11 am by Chris »
Unless Bob G, Mr Frost and Alan can come forward with the money to run the club then I suggest you step back and bury your heads permanently in the sand as you have really no say at all. I have never in all my time with the Rovers heard anything like what you have to say and it is shame on you all that you call yourselves supporters of the Rovers.I feel you would serve the club better if you were to support another club and provide them with your so called wisdom that is so pathetic to hear.

Translation: If you're not a multi-millionaire, shut the f**k up.

Makes this forum pretty pointless, doesn't it?

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 08, 2012, 01:55:18 am by Florida Rover »
Pathetic

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 08, 2012, 03:01:22 am by RoversAlias »
It's not pathetic at all, you've basically just said that. You can't have an opinion unless you have enough money to run the club, apparently.

I really hate this "shut up unless you can do better" attitude. This is a public fan forum for fans of the club to discuss the goings on at the club. Whether you are worried or not, everyone has a right to voice their view on the current situation.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 08, 2012, 06:22:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

BobG

Yes I know the answer. Left or pushed?

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 08, 2012, 06:36:56 am by PaulRover08 »
It's not pathetic at all, you've basically just said that. You can't have an opinion unless you have enough money to run the club, apparently.

I really hate this "shut up unless you can do better" attitude. This is a public fan forum for fans of the club to discuss the goings on at the club. Whether you are worried or not, everyone has a right to voice their view on the current situation.

I think some people are far too sensitive on here. I took what Florida said to mean you shouldn't really criticise a man for putting in what you deem to be a small amount of his overall wealth when in actual fact it is still millions he is putting in to help our club. As businessmen, which is how they have made their money to be able to help us in the first place, it makes perfect sense for them to not have a club that is consistently losing millions that they then have to plug. My aim in my business is to never have a month where I make a loss, you would say that is logical yes? So why not for a football club. Surely you can't have a go at Bramall when that is what he wants for the Rovers. God help us if they all stopped putting money in.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 08, 2012, 07:41:06 am by Barmby Rover »
Witrh the new rules on clubs outside the Prem it dictates that only clubs from big cities can succeed and gain promotion, as they are the only ones who can attract sufficient bodies through the door. It rlegates Rovers to permanent obscurity, purely due to finances. Watch what happens over the next few years in the Championship.

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 08, 2012, 08:58:24 am by A9 »
I find it very odd indeed, for example, that Stuart Highfield has left.

That must have happened since Saturday afternoon as he was there on Saturday in suit and Club tie laughing and smiling with the others.

I think that what has happened is that we've had to make some redundancies and those staff aren't happy (who would be) so are bad mouthing their former employers. Its tough times and additional staff are luxuries ie do we need someone to lay out the kit and collect the balls in? No, in tough times the goal keeper coach can do it. Do we need three paid photographers - no. It'd be nice, but if we are cutting our cloth on the player's wages, we need to do so off the field.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 08, 2012, 10:45:50 am by wing commander »
   That's bang on A9,i have suffered abuse myself after redundancies...Sometimes you have to make descisions which are unpopular but are for the long term benefit..Finances are everything after all....
   Personally i dont mind sacking anyone,if i'm sacking someone its because there not doing there job etc..Redundancies are much harder as the person involved has done nothing wrong and i feel responsible for that...
   I have no problem where we are playing wise,the finances MUST be understood and brought in line first before we look at anything else...If we get relegated again because the club have had to get them in check then so be it...I will still be watching Rovers next year...If the money men all leave like last time because they dont think things are been run correctley (as they should know) and are finances run out of control we could be a Pompey.And been Donny we wouldnt have the level of exposure/attractiveness to new owners that others do....

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 08, 2012, 11:15:57 am by JayBaker »

He had a problem in the family which I won't mention here and decided against a pro move.

Thanks for that; appreciate it. No more questions asked. Best wishes to him.

As for the directors, I was under the impression a few resignations occurred when The Experiment was in place, and for example Bramall and Watson got back involved when it was over. Either way, I'd like to see investment, because again, you'll get out what you put in. Dean Saunders must be very frustrated at the moment.

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 08, 2012, 12:33:40 pm by Rover19 »
Back on track, is Paynter still set to sign or not?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 08, 2012, 12:45:16 pm by Chris »
Back on track, is Paynter still set to sign or not?

No. We're waiting to get Stock's wages off the wage-bill and then we'll sign 6 or 7 players...

Brian Stock must be on one hell of a wage!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 08, 2012, 12:46:24 pm by jonnydog »
I can't see why the hell Stockys move is taking so bloody long. What is it, over a fortnight now and still nothing.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 08, 2012, 12:47:16 pm by Wild Rover »
Seems the non departure ( or delay in doing so ), of Stock is creating a backlog. Either big wage for Stock, or those lined up are on minimum wage. :cool:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 08, 2012, 07:12:19 pm by silent majority »
Seems the non departure ( or delay in doing so ), of Stock is creating a backlog. Either big wage for Stock, or those lined up are on minimum wage. :cool:

How about both of those being correct?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 08, 2012, 07:21:07 pm by silent majority »
Couldn't agree more Bob.

The cynic in me would suggest the KM2 were only ever interested with regards to a deal being done with the stadium and its land.

I wouldn't agree with him Mr Frost, not a single bit of what Bob has spouted there is anywhere near accurate.

The stadium is listed as a community asset and nothing can be done with it, asset stripped or whatever, and the only land that came with the deal is the car parks. And not even the very top car park, the one where the buses park has been retained by the council. Its just more scurrilous accusations by people who should know better.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012