Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:42:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signing to be announced...  (Read 11452 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Signing to be announced...
« on August 08, 2012, 04:34:54 pm by GazLaz »
Any time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Signing to be announced...
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2012, 04:37:45 pm by Retdon1 »
Here we go again

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2012, 04:39:19 pm by MachoMadness »

I'll believe it when I see it.

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2012, 04:43:30 pm by kieranDRFC »
Masroor Ahmed ‏@88mush
Another #drfc signing in the bag, things are starting to look up. #firstofmany

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2012, 04:44:23 pm by GazLaz »
It's done and dusted. The floodgates are now open.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2012, 04:45:12 pm by RedJ »
Suggests (I know, mystec Red :laugh:) more to come in quick succession - any names anyone?

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2012, 04:45:55 pm by donnyplant »
Paul Quinn former Cardiff City full-back is the latest addition to the #drfc squad. The deal will be officially announced tomorrow!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2012, 04:47:20 pm by Red wizard »
Good signing. Know one can knock the players we have signed. Top L1 players.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2012, 05:36:44 pm by MachoMadness »
Happy to eat my words, the club proved me wrong. Good signing, but at this stage any signing is a good one!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2012, 07:03:27 pm by silent majority »
There's more to come, all being announced later than I expected but they are on their way, no disappointments either.

(note to self, expect backlash if it doesn't come off!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2012, 07:07:38 pm by RobTheRover »
Don't worry,  Martin. I'm sure they will all be fab.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 08, 2012, 07:10:17 pm by SIRFRAN »
Silent Majority

Another note to yourself - expect a backlash even if they DO come off!!

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror with your damn positivity, there's apparently no place for it on here lol

Up the rovers!!!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 08, 2012, 07:31:09 pm by MachoMadness »
Don't think you can blame the fans for getting frustrated, when they're promised multiple signings by Deano himself and get none, it gets annoying, particularly if it happens constantly. The fact we're so close to the season starting only compounds everything, it's a tense time and everyone wants to start well.

Not slating anyone in particular here, but just pointing out that at this stage every day counts and to still have such a thin squad is cause for concern.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 08, 2012, 07:32:34 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Just out of interest, to those 'in the know' are any of these forthcoming signings of the 'mouthwatering' variety  :evil: ;)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2012, 07:38:13 pm by Red wizard »
I don't think we can moan with any of the player we have signed tbh. They are all good players imo. Its just been the lack of them. I'm pretty sure if Deano could of had all is targets in back in June he would of.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2012, 07:44:11 pm by silent majority »
I don't think we can moan with any of the player we have signed tbh. They are all good players imo. Its just been the lack of them. I'm pretty sure if Deano could of had all is targets in back in June he would of.

Not strictly true RW. I agree the signings have all been very good and the rest that are coming too. But during the summer the only players available are those that were released at the end of the last season etc. What's happened this season is that a lot of players have become available very late, as DS is now finding out. Yes its not a good thing to wait this long, but this cloud could have a silver lining.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2012, 08:56:31 pm by PaulRover08 »
Don't think you can blame the fans for getting frustrated, when they're promised multiple signings by Deano himself and get none, it gets annoying, particularly if it happens constantly. The fact we're so close to the season starting only compounds everything, it's a tense time and everyone wants to start well.

Not slating anyone in particular here, but just pointing out that at this stage every day counts and to still have such a thin squad is cause for concern.

When exactly did Deano promise multiple signings. He has said we are trying to tie a few things up and things are changing all the time but at not stage (at least not that i've seen, has he ever "promised" anything, other than that we will be ready). He can't be accused of bullshit on that one as we still might be.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2012, 09:01:08 pm by MachoMadness »

When exactly did Deano promise multiple signings. He has said we are trying to tie a few things up and things are changing all the time but at not stage (at least not that i've seen, has he ever "promised" anything, other than that we will be ready). He can't be accused of bullshit on that one as we still might be.

A couple of times over the last few weeks he's given out deadlines for things that haven't come off. I'm not slating him, I'm sure his hands are tied and he was probably selectively quoted by the media, but it's easy to see why people are so disappointed when these quotes from him get posted on here and the like.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2012, 09:03:42 pm by PaulRover08 »

A couple of times over the last few weeks he's given out deadlines for things that haven't come off. I'm not slating him, I'm sure his hands are tied and he was probably selectively quoted by the media, but it's easy to see why people are so disappointed when these quotes from him get posted on here and the like.

He has given deadlines (though no concrete date for people leaving). At no stage has he said he is making signings by a certain date. Show me an example and i'll happily apologise (and by that I mean video evidence of him saying I am signing X player by X date).

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2012, 09:04:53 pm by mushRTID »

Anything to read from that??? Rob?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2012, 09:11:03 pm by Nudga »

Fabio Carnavaro!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 08, 2012, 09:12:47 pm by MachoMadness »
He has given deadlines (though no concrete date for people leaving). At no stage has he said he is making signings by a certain date. Show me an example and i'll happily apologise (and by that I mean video evidence of him saying I am signing X player by X date).

Well, there isn't any video proof, but that's not the point. It could be completely made-up quotes, the point is I wasn't slating Deano at all but simply saying when quotes attributed to him get put out there it's easy to understand why people get disappointed when we don't sign anyone. I wasn't looking to place the blame, but rather point out that hearing story after story of how signings are imminent pisses people off.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2012, 09:15:35 pm by mushRTID »

Fabio Carnavaro!

Could be Fabian Delph!

pubteam

« Reply #23 on August 08, 2012, 09:18:10 pm by pubteam »

Fabio Carnavaro!

Could be Fabian Delph!

Fabian Robert more likely, surely?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2012, 09:19:19 pm by mushRTID »

pubteam

« Reply #25 on August 08, 2012, 09:21:36 pm by pubteam »

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 08, 2012, 09:23:57 pm by Akinfenwa »
It's obviously FABregas you idiots.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 08, 2012, 09:25:30 pm by mushRTID »
It could be fabianski...he is apparently talking to a keeper!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 08, 2012, 09:28:02 pm by MachoMadness »
Are we getting International Rescue on board?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 08, 2012, 10:03:11 pm by donnievic »

Fabio Carnavaro!

Could be Fabian Delph!
think u could be onto something there could defo see him playing come the 1st league game at walsall

TinyPortal © 2005-2012