Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:36:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signing imminent  (Read 10017 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Signing imminent
« on August 13, 2012, 08:26:20 am by Sprotyrover »
Radio Sheffield just announced we are signing a striker this morning believed to be Paynter

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Signing imminent
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2012, 08:31:41 am by Nudga »
Paynter! Brilliant, another immobile lump to play up front when the other immobile lump (Chris Brown) gets injured.

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2012, 08:45:30 am by South West Rover »
Paynter! Brilliant, another immobile lump to play up front when the other immobile lump (Chris Brown) gets injured.

Or..... Paynter! Brilliant, another option up front that gives our squad a bit of much needed depth. See what I did there? Not only did you manage to slag off someone who hasn't as yet signed, you also had a dig at an existing player. Get behind the team ffs!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2012, 08:57:59 am by roverstillidie91 »
We have always for Bennett who has pace who can score goals

If hes a finisher like BS he's exactly what we need

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2012, 09:07:22 am by deebee »
Can the Mods please install a negativity filter. I am getting fed up with people on here slagging off the team ,manager and club in general. Lets all get behind everyone and put some positivity in and maybe it just might rub off on them. For the benefit of all of us.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 13, 2012, 09:24:31 am by Red wizard »
I thought we was going for somone else?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2012, 09:25:32 am by Rios »
Can the Mods please install a negativity filter. I am getting fed up with people on here slagging off the team ,manager and club in general. Lets all get behind everyone and put some positivity in and maybe it just might rub off on them. For the benefit of all of us.

The irony being that the "negativity filter" would have filtered your negative comments about people being negative.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 13, 2012, 09:28:20 am by roverstillidie91 »
Its speculation just presuming it's Paynter, it could be any striker only when its made official by the Rovers i will believe who it is

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 13, 2012, 09:37:10 am by tuffty »

That may be true but he talks some sense!

The irony being that the "negativity filter" would have filtered your negative comments about people being negative.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 13, 2012, 09:45:40 am by sheffieldROVER »
i would be well happy with painter!! :scarf:

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 13, 2012, 10:03:08 am by colincramb »
It was only 1 or 2 seasons back that he scored 30 odd goals or something at this level! Bloody hell, I really don't know what people expect!

Some people really do have their heads wedged firmly up their arses!

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 13, 2012, 10:04:20 am by Derby Viking »
Hopefully not Hawley - well past his best (well he had one good season)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 13, 2012, 10:08:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So Paynter who's good at getting on to things in the box looks like being the signing.  Happy with that, we've plenty of wide talent at getting balls into the box.  We're certainly going to become a more typical English side and that could be a good thing really.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 13, 2012, 10:15:14 am by Red wizard »
I was hoping we would get a poacher type. Still should do well at l1.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 13, 2012, 10:42:53 am by southwestexile »
McCombe?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 13, 2012, 10:56:24 am by Chris Black come back »
With the resources available to us at present and th league we are playing in this season, Paynter is about as good as it could possibly get. We are not in the market to be signing the next Billy Sharp on 10k per week.

donnyguy61

« Reply #16 on August 13, 2012, 11:01:17 am by donnyguy61 »
@paulgoodwinDFP
James Harper, Karl Hawley and Amari Morgan-Smith to be told this week if they have a future at #drfc. Harper most likely to stay on.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 13, 2012, 11:25:00 am by PACMAN »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7987043/

Unless Sky are jumping the gun.................................. :thumbsup:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 13, 2012, 11:46:04 am by Wild Rover »

RTIDnews ‏@rtidnews

Been told that Billy Paynter is now a #drfc player. Should hopefully be announced later today

DRFC MYERS

Paynter..
« Reply #19 on August 13, 2012, 11:46:17 am by DRFC MYERS »
just seen this on skysports website.. not on dros yet

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/7987043/Rovers-agree-Paynter-deal

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 13, 2012, 12:07:02 pm by Nudga »

Or..... Paynter! Brilliant, another option up front that gives our squad a bit of much needed depth. See what I did there? Not only did you manage to slag off someone who hasn't as yet signed, you also had a dig at an existing player. Get behind the team ffs!

Well excuse me for having a different opinion to you. I'll get behind the team when I start seeing a bit more effort, and I don't mean winning regularly either. I work bloody hard, often seven days a week and I expect DRFC players to put a shift in any competetive game. I don't mind if someone plays crap as long as they are busting a gut to make sure that their opponent doesn't have a great game either.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 13, 2012, 12:26:43 pm by southwestexile »
Paynter is a Rovers player according to Wikipedia - a £300k fee mentioned, I don't want to believe that!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 13, 2012, 12:28:56 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Nudga,
You are entitled to your opinion and good on ya!
You pay the players and staff's wages by buying your season ticket or match day ticket. Therefore you are entitled to your opinion, including having a go at someone if the mood takes you.
Unfortunately, some people will see honesty as negativity no matter how you dress it up.
It is everyone having different opinions that make Forum Boards readable. If we all kept saying how bloody wonderful we are, it would be very boring!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 13, 2012, 12:30:24 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Oh, and by the way: IMO Paynter would be a good signing in this division!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 13, 2012, 01:09:32 pm by deebee »
I have no problem with people expressing their opinion. But to slag a bloke off who hasn't even put a shirt on and shown us what he can do is a bit much. By the way the money from the amount of season tickets we have sold might just pay for the bloke who cuts the grass.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 13, 2012, 01:12:17 pm by 1879Rovers »
If he stays fit and gets a run of games under his belt he could be a huge success at this club. He's shown he can do it in League One before. Sometimes players have a bad move, he had one at Leeds. Let us hope he is coming here to prove a point to himself and them. We have needed a big bustling player up front for a long time and he fits that mould. Will be a great signing in my eyes.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 13, 2012, 01:46:06 pm by Jersey Rover »
Same C.V really as Billy Sharp. Look what he did and where he is now

DGilbrideDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 13, 2012, 01:47:20 pm by DGilbrideDRFC »
Absolute sick of stupid individuals who never have any positivity towards this club all together. That's why me and lot others don't post on here anymore because every time we do we get shot down with negativity. Give it a rest, some of you complain about the stupidest of things! You would moan if we signed messi on a 2k a week deal saying he is too small or something. Getting really boring seeing your comments everyday!!!!!

donnyguy61

« Reply #28 on August 13, 2012, 03:19:59 pm by donnyguy61 »
@88mush
Another one in the bag, Dean has added his seventh summer signing, will be confirmed on the Official Site soon #drfc

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 13, 2012, 03:44:21 pm by robchester »
Paul Goodwin ‏@paulgoodwinDFP
First Brian Flynn, now Billy Paynter's arrival confirmed. Busy day, signings come thick and fast. Good things come to those who wait.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012