Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 06:56:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps  (Read 11831 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Copps
« on August 14, 2012, 05:03:48 pm by roverstillidie91 »
"@paulgoodwinDFP: Doncaster Rovers are bracing themselves for a bid from Hull City for James Coppinger. No official contact between the two clubs...yet. #drfc"

Plus

"@paulgoodwinDFP: Midfield now the priority area for Dean Saunders, who has not ruled out another new arrival before Saturday's trip to Walsall #drfc."

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Copps
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2012, 05:13:16 pm by mushRTID »
I don't get this. Why would we be bracing ourselves if no contact has been made?

How would we know, rumours in the football world?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2012, 05:19:42 pm by RobTheRover »
Because it was mentioned on here and not in the Runour Mill?  #justsaying

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2012, 05:24:49 pm by silent majority »
I don't get this. Why would we be bracing ourselves if no contact has been made?

How would we know, rumours in the football world?

It doesn't say no contact, it says no official contact. In other words its probably a phone call about his likely expenditure IF they wanted to make a more formal approach. 

Its a bit like me ringing the car showroom to ask how much a Vauxhall Insignia is or something!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2012, 05:30:18 pm by Filo »

Aye, it makes you wonder why we have a rumour mill?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2012, 05:36:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Why not admins shift stuff there unless sure its all over the public domain? That way users here will get more used to going to there. I vote for that anyway.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2012, 05:38:56 pm by Filo »

Why not admins shift stuff there unless sure its all over the public domain? That way users here will get more used to going to there. I vote for that anyway.

I`ve done it numerous times, the message just does n`t get through, some people just post it again when the post has been moved, it`s like smashing your head against a wall with some folk on here!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 14, 2012, 05:45:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Bunch of dicks if you ask me. If they repost, delete it and block them for 12 hours along with a gentle explanation and "get a brain" PM - can be anounced so people know this will happen.

...yes, and then we'll have wingers about admin dictatorship! :headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2012, 05:50:11 pm by Filo »
Bunch of dicks if you ask me. If they repost, delete it and block them for 12 hours along with a gentle explanation and "get a brain" PM - can be anounced so people know this will happen.

Nail..........head!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 14, 2012, 05:51:25 pm by MachoMadness »

I second this. This forum is actually one of the most relaxed I've seen, no idea what you actually have to do to get banned on here! I for one would welcome temporary bans for posting rumours outside the rumour mill, considering it can actually affect the club if journos get hold of it!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 14, 2012, 05:53:59 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I apologize about the posting

Will post on rumour forum from now on

No need to start dishing out insults about people having no brain, get a grip BRR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 14, 2012, 05:58:37 pm by MachoMadness »
I apologize about the posting

Will post on rumour forum from now on

No need to start dishing out insults about people having no brain, get a grip BRR

I don't think it was meant for you, rather Sirfran who posted the original rumour, which likely is what Paul Goodwin is tweeting about. I doubt people will have a problem with posting stuff that's already being put out there by journalists.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 14, 2012, 06:21:10 pm by SIRFRAN »
Like I said a few days ago, copps is going hull, its not a rumour and it will happen!! Read my previous posts re coppinger, and if that's me bein a dick head and annoying you then fair enough, block me!! But in posting my posts, which I have from a good source, I am entitled to write whatever I want to write providing I'm not been insulting or derogatory towards anyone

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 14, 2012, 06:37:01 pm by Red wizard »
I don't get why they will wait until the last day of the window.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 14, 2012, 06:43:31 pm by Filo »
This is a situation where we need to take control, the club need to come out publicly and state that no one under contract now will be allowed to go, this does one of two things, it either puts the clubs sniffing around off, or it forces their hand and makes them come in with an offer, then if we do sell we still have the rest of August to find a replacement. We certainly should n`t let other clubs dictate to us!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 14, 2012, 06:46:03 pm by Red wizard »
Agreed. If they want him then they need to come and get him now. At least then we know where we are.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 14, 2012, 06:46:13 pm by streatham dave »
SirFran you are choosing to miss the point. Lets say you are 100% correct and your source is fantastic. It is still a rumour until it happens therefore you should post it on the rumour mill that is what it is for.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 14, 2012, 06:47:52 pm by SIRFRAN »
Filo, I agree there should be a cut off point but would we be in a position to turn a bid down for copps, purely based on his wages?? Personally I think we have to sell

In contrast, if someone came in for bennett we are in a different position, he's not a big wage player and the ball we would be in our court, we could either say get lost or we could name a silly figure and see what's offered

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 14, 2012, 06:53:06 pm by Filo »
Filo, I agree there should be a cut off point but would we be in a position to turn a bid down for copps, purely based on his wages?? Personally I think we have to sell

In contrast, if someone came in for bennett we are in a different position, he's not a big wage player and the ball we would be in our court, we could either say get lost or we could name a silly figure and see what's offered

Probably not, but a bold statement from the club might just drive the price up, we have to be in control of the situation, at the moment we appear for from being in control, pre-empt the bid coming in and put us on the front foot, sitting back and waiting is no good for us, we`ll get ripped off and have no time to find a replacement if we do.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 14, 2012, 07:07:33 pm by silent majority »

Probably not, but a bold statement from the club might just drive the price up, we have to be in control of the situation, at the moment we appear for from being in control, pre-empt the bid coming in and put us on the front foot, sitting back and waiting is no good for us, we`ll get ripped off and have no time to find a replacement if we do.

Sorry Dave but your wrong. Copps was one of the high earners that needed to go, as it happens nobody wanted him and he's still here. There won't be any bold statement about keeping Copps, if he can be moved on he will, but as of yet no firm enquiries.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 14, 2012, 07:13:21 pm by graingrover »
If you follow Paul Goodwin closely you will realise he gets all his info from this site and from Rob. When he is on Rovers Player commentating on a match I often think 'no mate you have not read the news yet' He is well intentioned but not ahead of the game by any means . I would vote for Jonathan and Mike F to take on the Rovers Player match commentary for three matches . Then Gavin JR and the Board would see what real quality of service to Rovers Player could be. Let's show what real quality we have in the fan base. Goodwin should know whether Copps is staying . It is that sort of info that would add real value from a professional journo.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 14, 2012, 07:16:55 pm by Filo »

Sorry Dave but your wrong. Copps was one of the high earners that needed to go, as it happens nobody wanted him and he's still here. There won't be any bold statement about keeping Copps, if he can be moved on he will, but as of yet no firm enquiries.

Martin, there`s apparent interest, clubs are playing us, we let every man and his dog know that we were prepared to let the high earners go, Burnley took the piss in signing Stock and now we`re prepared to let other clubs take the piss again, sometimes you`ve just got to bite your lip and call their bluff, either they want him or they don`t, lets just not let it happen and then give ourselves little time to replace him, call the shots and be brave, they`ll never make good poker players at DRFC!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 14, 2012, 07:30:17 pm by The Red Baron »
Don't get me wrong- I love the guy, but if we are able to sell him to Hull and strengthen the squad as a result then I'd say do it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 14, 2012, 07:32:23 pm by PDX_Rover »
I agree with Filo. Hull either should pay the going rate or f**k off.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 14, 2012, 07:33:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Apologies for calling rumour posters on here "dicks" etc. It was uncalled for and self flagellation is under way.  But please do use the Rumour Mill, not difficult is it?  :scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 14, 2012, 07:38:23 pm by MrFrost »
If he goes, will it open the door for more players coming in? I still believe we are severely lacking depth.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 14, 2012, 08:12:49 pm by grayx »
I don't get why they will wait until the last day of the window.

Perhaps he meant to say "by the end of the transfer window"?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 14, 2012, 08:33:20 pm by bobbymax »
"@paulgoodwinDFP: Doncaster Rovers are bracing themselves for a bid from Hull City for James Coppinger. No official contact between the two clubs...yet. #drfc"

Total non-story which smacks of someone being told to put out a story about Rovers and picking up some nonsense on this site.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 14, 2012, 10:23:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As said before in an earlier thread any transfer fee is just the tip of the iceberg and Hull can take the piss all they want providing it is beneficial to us to get a high earner off the wage bill.

We are not in a position to play silly buggers and prevent a player moving on because of a fee.

Personally, I love Copps as a player but when you think his wage deal is now disproportionate to the rest, he's become a luxury item.

This is football it happens when teams get relegated and the income from ticket sales fall way, way short of the playing budget, 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 14, 2012, 10:28:38 pm by silent majority »

Martin, there`s apparent interest, clubs are playing us, we let every man and his dog know that we were prepared to let the high earners go, Burnley took the piss in signing Stock and now we`re prepared to let other clubs take the piss again, sometimes you`ve just got to bite your lip and call their bluff, either they want him or they don`t, lets just not let it happen and then give ourselves little time to replace him, call the shots and be brave, they`ll never make good poker players at DRFC!

Dave, I get your point but I do think you misunderstand the situation. We need to offload certain players so we can replace them with other players of equal ability for less money. Every club in the land does this, its called a transfer list, it advertises our players to other clubs. Are you saying we should play hard ball with clubs who respond to that? What your saying is you think the buying club is getting a better deal than we are. How do you know that? How do you know that Burnley took the 'piss' to use your phrase?

And now your saying that we are letting other clubs take the 'piss' again. How do you know that? There has been an enquiry, we acknowledge that, but no formal offer or any formal approach. If you consider he's been on the list for quite some time then how do you play hard ball with somebody who hasn't made a formal approach or contemplated a serious offer. Again to use your phrase how do you play poker when your opponent hasn't sat down at the table or had a look at his cards?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012