Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 04:05:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats from today  (Read 15314 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Re: Stats from today
« Reply #90 on August 20, 2012, 05:11:13 pm by mjdgreg »
Thank the good Lord up above that mjdgreg doesn't support the Blades.

At half time yesterday, according to the BBC website, they were winning 1-0 but had had zero shots on target.

Poor old mjdgreg would have spontaneously combusted had he seen that one, such would have been the extreme temperature of his urine.

Lol. That humour bypass reversal operation has obviously worked. How nice to see one of your posts starting 'Thank the good Lord up above' instead of your usual blasphemous 'Jesus f......g wept!' So well done Billy, you're managing to control your outbursts much better now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 20, 2012, 05:15:09 pm by mjdgreg »
Speaking of things we're convinced of, am I the only one who thinks this guys more of a tool than 'donnyroversfc'. Someone ban this guy please

I think you'll find that you are part of a small vociferous minority. I am entitled to my views as are you. No matter what you posted, I wouldn't dream of asking for you to be banned. In a mature democracy we need to be able to handle the views of others no matter how much we may disagree with them.

Where is donnyroversfc these days? I used to enjoy reading his posts. At least he had his own point of view and stuck to it no matter what abuse was hurled at him. Respect.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:17:45 pm by mjdgreg »

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 20, 2012, 05:17:03 pm by Superspy »
So there's no middle ground then, play offs is a miracle, 7th place is abject failure? But you honestly, truthfully believe we'll get relegated?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 20, 2012, 05:19:57 pm by wilts rover »
I really do not know why I'm bothering here but I feel compelled to ask this question. mj...what would you class as a successful season this year? And realistically what would you have to say about DS if your idea of a good season came to pass?

A successful season would be the play-offs. Anything else would be abject failure. I expect relegation. If he manages to pull off this miracle I shall instantly convert to the cult of DS and apologise profusely for my previous ramblings (I will however still harbour some resentment towards him for failing to keep us in the Championship, something I'm convinced SOD would have managed).

Speaking of things we're convinced of, am I the only one who thinks this guys more of a tool than 'donnyroversfc'. Someone ban this guy please

I am afraid I have to disagree, Mick/Greg/Carling et al has done nothing offensive and his views are just as valid as anyone elses, so just because you dont agree with what he is saying that is no reason to ban him.

After all he is doing a fine job of proving that the cult of the village idot is still alive and well, and has done more than anyone to unit the fans behind JR & DS - despite him trying to achieve the exact opposite -  which on both accounts he should be applauded.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 20, 2012, 05:24:38 pm by mjdgreg »
So there's no middle ground then, play offs is a miracle, 7th place is abject failure? But you honestly, truthfully believe we'll get relegated?

See the problem as I see it is that we should be aiming for automatic promotion not the play-offs. A bit of luck is needed to achieve automatic promotion so I have given him a bit of leeway by saying I'll accept the play-offs. I'll also accept not winning the play-offs. So 7th is abject failure and 6th is skin of the teeth territory. I can't be fairer than that.

A good manager would aim higher than what they realistically wanted to achieve. You then build in a margin for error. Unfortunately I don't think Saunders has got this management expertise. Yes, I truthfully believe we'll get relegated.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 20, 2012, 05:27:22 pm by Filo »
Yes, I truthfully believe we'll get relegated.

A professional Gambler you say Mick? give me some odds and make some easy money, I`m sure there`s a fair few would like to bet against you on here!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 20, 2012, 05:29:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Really? That does surprise me. Obviously  aint going to trawl through results gone by, but I always thought we let a lot more in under SoD than DS.

No need for you trawl through previous results. I have a photographic memory which I have already used for this task. Take it from me, what I say is fact.

Well you want to go and get some new film then Mick. Because, just like you ALWAYS do, you're claiming facts that are not correct.

2011-12 in the 39 league games under Saunders:

75-80 minutes: 4 goals conceded - 0.103 every game
80-85 minutes: 3 goals conceded - 0.077 goals per game
85+ minutes: 10 goals conceded - 0.256 goals per game

Average goals conceded per game:
from 75th minute onwards: 0.436
from 80th minute onwards: 0.333
from 85th minute onwards: 0.256

2010-11 in 46 league games under O'Driscoll

75-80 minutes: 4 goals conceded - 0.087 every game
80-85 minutes: 3 goals conceded - 0.065 goals per game
85+ minutes: 15 goals conceded - 0.326 goals per game

Average goals conceded per game:
from 75th minute onwards: 0.478
from 80th minute onwards: 0.391
from 85th minute onwards: 0.326

So that claim of yours about our record for conceding late goals last season being the worst in the club's history is shown to be incorrect with 2 minutes worth of research.

Next.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:34:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on August 20, 2012, 05:30:19 pm by mjdgreg »
After all he is doing a fine job of proving that the cult of the village idot is still alive and well, and has done more than anyone to unit the fans behind JR & DS - despite him trying to achieve the exact opposite -  which on both accounts he should be applauded.

I'm not trying to cause a rift with the fans and JR & DS. All I'm doing is being honest with my views. I just can't bring myself to get behind DS after the lamentable way he has performed so far.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 20, 2012, 05:31:12 pm by Superspy »

See the problem as I see it is that we should be aiming for automatic promotion not the play-offs. A bit of luck is needed to achieve automatic promotion so I have given him a bit of leeway by saying I'll accept the play-offs. I'll also accept not winning the play-offs. So 7th is abject failure and 6th is skin of the teeth territory. I can't be fairer than that.

So it's reasonable to expect a team that has stripped out about half of it's squad, including almost all of it's top earners and rebuilt whilst trying to halve the wage bill to get automatic promotion?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 20, 2012, 05:32:20 pm by Filo »
Really? That does surprise me. Obviously  aint going to trawl through results gone by, but I always thought we let a lot more in under SoD than DS.

No need for you trawl through previous results. I have a photographic memory which I have already used for this task. Take it from me, what I say is fact.

Well you want to go and get some new film then Mick. Because, just like you ALWAYS do, you're claiming facts that are not correct.

2011-12 in the 39 league games under Saunders:

85+ minutes: 10 goals conceded - 0.256 goals per game

2010-11 in 46 league games under O'Driscoll

85+ minutes: 15 goals conceded - 0.326 goals per game

So that claim of yours about our record for conceding late goals last season being the worst in the club's history is shown to be incorrect with 2 minutes worth of research.

Next.

This post will more than likely be ignored by Mick, he does n`t deal in facts!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 20, 2012, 05:33:14 pm by mjdgreg »

Next.

My photographic memory was used from 60 minutes onwards. I suppose it all depends on what your definition is of conceding late.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on August 20, 2012, 05:33:52 pm by Superspy »
I think BST might have accidentally crunched the numbers a bit there, 4/46 and 3/46 for SOD is 0.087 and 0.065 respectively. Making SODs stats better 75-85.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 20, 2012, 05:35:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think BST might have accidentally crunched the numbers a bit there, 4/46 and 3/46 for SOD is 0.087 and 0.065 respectively. Making SODs stats better 75-85.

Just corrected the typo SuperSpy. Go and have a look how the numbers look

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 20, 2012, 05:35:28 pm by Filo »

Next.

My photographic memory was used from 60 minutes onwards. I suppose it all depends on what your definition is of conceding late.

15 minutes into the 2nd half and you regard that as late? Mental!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 20, 2012, 05:38:47 pm by Superspy »

Just corrected the typo SuperSpy. Go and have a look how the numbers look

Fair enough mate, I figured it was just a typo :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 20, 2012, 05:39:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Next.

I thought you might have done Mick.

In 2011-12 under Saunders, we conceded 31 goals from 60 minutes onwards in 39 games: 0.795 goals per game

In 2010-11 under O'Driscoll, we conceded 44 goals from 60 minutes onwards in 46 games: 0.956 goals per game.

Next!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 20, 2012, 05:40:33 pm by Filo »

Next.

I thought you might have done Mick.

In 2011-12 under Saunders, we conceded 31 goals from 60 minutes onwards in 39 games: 0.795 goals per game

In 2010-11 under O'Driscoll, we conceded 44 goals from 60 minutes onwards in 46 games: 0.956 goals per game.

Next!

Oh dear!

That Camera has malfunctioned!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 20, 2012, 05:55:56 pm by mjdgreg »
Oh dear!

That Camera has malfunctioned!

2-0 to Billy. I'm still getting used to my fasting regime and can only think that this is the reason why my photographic memory has failed me on this occasion.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 20, 2012, 05:57:45 pm by mjdgreg »
I am afraid I have to disagree, Mick/mjdreg/Carling et al has done nothing offensive and his views are just as valid as anyone elses, so just because you dont agree with what he is saying that is no reason to ban him.

Totally agree.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 20, 2012, 05:59:15 pm by mjdgreg »
After all he is doing a fine job of proving that the cult of the village idot is still alive and well,

Totally disagree.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on August 20, 2012, 06:35:52 pm by Red wizard »
Do you go to the games Mick?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on August 20, 2012, 07:47:41 pm by dickos1 »
Surely we have all recognised this clown isn't a rovers supporter by now??

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 20, 2012, 08:58:27 pm by jonnydog »
Thank god for that... I thought it would be under SoD.

Anyway, no more of this, hopefully we won't let in as many goals at all from now on, let alone the final parts of games!!

RTID

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 20, 2012, 10:05:49 pm by jonnydog »
Hmmm, Everton had 36% possession tonight and totally deserved the win :chair:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 20, 2012, 10:18:53 pm by dickos1 »
Yet another exception that breaks the rule.. If we're not careful we could find out this is the rule

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 20, 2012, 10:29:01 pm by mjdgreg »
Hmmm, Everton had 36% possession tonight and totally deserved the win

According to my calculations they had 44% possession. The key stat you are missing is that they had 16 attempts whereas Man Utd only had 12. I can live with a bit less possession as long as you have more attempts than the opposition. When you have less possession and less attempts on goal then that is what is a recipe for disaster. This appears to be what Saunders is cooking up for Rovers.

However it is early days and things may change. If we don't have more possession and attempts on goal tomorrow then my piss will really start to boil.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on August 20, 2012, 10:30:14 pm by dickos1 »
Have u still not got it that attempts on goal does not equate to a chance??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 20, 2012, 10:30:58 pm by silent majority »
 I hope we don't have a thread like this after every game, my finger has been poised over the 'lock topic' key for a couple of days. My piss is boiling already!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on August 20, 2012, 10:39:00 pm by jonnydog »
I agree... LOCK LOCK LOCK

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on August 20, 2012, 10:47:49 pm by MachoMadness »
Why would Saunders want us to have less attempts on goal? You're saying it like Saunders has some master plan to lose us games. Walsall had a few potshots which would never go in a million times out of a million, and the only real chance they had was because of an error by Gary Woods, unless you think Saunders somehow plans for Woods to flap at crosses as well. As has been established Mick, you didn't go to the game, you have no frame of reference from what you are talking about, and know precious little about football if all you go off is BBC's stats page.

He said we would let them have it in their own half, which they did, then when they lost it we would hit them on the break. That is a completely viable tactic when playing the weaker teams in this division.

I admit it's fun making Mick look like a fool, but yeah, it's time to lock this thread now. There's no discussion to be had here anymore.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012